Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 06:50 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times

Advertisements

Obama filed papers with a judge in Ohio!!
wha whaaa whaaaaa
could Hillary get away with this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 06:54 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Who are you watching BVH? Chris Matthews is a political junkie, so he will love every minute of this. CNN has been a strong support of Hillary. The thing is, they are so alike, I would be happy to see them together at the end of this, to put an end to the republican reign. Both candidates are good, this is not a choice between two weaknesses, this is choice between two good candidates and I do not understand the vitriol from either camp.
CNN hates Hillary Clinton
they bash her all the time
I have sent them dozens of E mails and tons of calls
they really are the "worst polictical team on television"

Old 03-04-2008, 06:58 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
Yep. And both are 0% reporting. The whole tone of the media, exit polls, etc are showing wins for Hillary in both states. You can literally SEE the sadness on the media's face.

Obama56%- Clinton43%

If this is the biggest lead he can score with Dallas, Houston, and Austin reporting, He's DEFINATELY toast. We have yet to even GET to South Texas, East Texas, and West Texas.
The large cities here in Texas are firing away with large leads for Obama, yet with only 1% reporting in those counties. There are also other counties around those large cities, quite conservative in nature that are showing Obama leading early. Hillary will take El Paso and San Antonio, but keep in mind, West Texas is not very populated and neither is South Texas except for the border cities.

The caucuses are packed here in Austin. It will be very close and there will be little difference between delegates won IMO.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:03 PM
BVH BVH started this thread

944 posts, read 605,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
The large cities here in Texas are firing away with large leads for Obama, yet with only 1% reporting in those counties. There are also other counties around those large cities, quite conservative in nature that are showing Obama leading early. Hillary will take El Paso and San Antonio, but keep in mind, West Texas is not very populated and neither is South Texas except for the border cities.

The caucuses are packed here in Austin. It will be very close and there will be little difference between delegates won IMO.
I concur with you that the delegate win for Hillary will be neglibile, most likely. That's what I was saying. He was expected to take the large cities.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:04 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
Quote:
Hillary is ahead in Union votes, non-union votes, and votes of people who's main concern is the economy based on CNN Exit polls.

Obama supporters, get your Kleenex ready.
I already knew he would not win Ohio. I have lived in this state all my life and they will never vote for a black man nor a black woman in this primarily rural state. Need I say more??

I feel sorry for many people in my state, but people need to get with the program and get their education because those good paying manufacturing jobs are history here. Ohio has some plans for some major careers, but you will have to be educated for the jobs-no basic high school diploma candidate will make the cut!! This is their mandate-Ohio needs an educated workforce and that is what the powers to be have stated. Get it or get out!! This is the message I hear.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:10 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
Quote:
I concur with you that the delegate win for Hillary will be neglibile, most likely. That's what I was saying. He was expected to take the large cities.
I'm not so sure she'll take Texas. I think it is going to be a long night to wait for the results.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Obama filed papers with a judge in Ohio!!
wha whaaa whaaaaa
could Hillary get away with this??
To be fair, if they ran out of ballots, I have no problem with the polls remaining open a little longer.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:13 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I'm not so sure she'll take Texas. I think it is going to be a long night to wait for the results.
I am in agreement, and it will be a long night. Hope nothing goes awry!!

Old 03-04-2008, 07:16 PM

775 posts, read 579,070 times
Quote:
You are dead wrong. That is not what the superdelegates intended role is nor is it how they will vote. Their role is to correct "buyers remorse" situations, like what Obama will ultimately be. He simply CANNOT close the deal in Democratic states. Period.

But, enough about thgis for now...let's all go back and watch Obama get TROUNCED.

P.S. Hillary is leading by 14% currently in Ohio.
You're so foolish. They don't even have voters' figures for the big cites. I think they said it's one percent of one percent of the precincts.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:20 PM

Hillary is maintaining her 22% lead in Ohio, with 6% reporting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections