Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:56 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
That's why I absolutely refuse to vote for Obama if Hillary loses. I have many reasons for that, but, that's the way it is.
What exactly don't you like about Obama?

Old 03-06-2008, 11:17 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
I know this may sound condescening and pompass. Forgive me, but it must be said.

Many of you are too young to understand and appreciate what is about to happen to the Democratic Party. Forty years ago, it was nearly tossed onto the junk heap of politics. The Dixiecrats and their segregation platform had worn out their welcome, but vowed to fight for their party territory. At the same time, the northern big city political machines were similarly exclusionary and provincial. It had become evident that the party was fractured, and was near doom. Ironically, what saved the party was the Republican Party's welcoming of the Dixiecrats into their fold. Thereafter, the choice for millions of Americans was clear: the Democratic Party was much more welcoming than the Republicans.

What many people today--especially young people--fail to realize is that the Dem Party has arrived at a very similar turning point. It's a party that's prepared to sacrifice long-term success and viability in exchange for a short-term "win". This kind of delayed gratification is inherent in immaturity and lack of discipline. But unfortunately, the elders and wise ones in the Democratic Party are paralyzed with fear or are drunk with power.

This party is about to lose its way, and will be irrelevant for the next decade and perhaps beyond. And if few people realize it, then maybe that's what's supposed to happen.
The Democratic Party had been hinging on the far left and as the hippies aged and became more conservative, it was shedding members faster than my collie sheds his fur in the springtime. Precious few people are as liberal as the Kennedys and the Party was a huge turn-off to most people.

Enter Bill Clinton. He was successful in moderating the Party so people could actually support the Democrats again. The phrase "tax-and-spend Democrats" lost its bite with Clinton. As an independent for YEARS, I could FINALLY declare myself a Democrat without having to cross my fingers. Hillary is a tad more conservative than Bill and I feel very comfortable that she would NOT return the Party to the days of irresponsible give-aways and a program for every ill.

But Teddy No-Pants and the other ultra-liberals, who have mostly sunk to irrelevance and don't have the support of the American people, are desperate to return to those "tax-and-spend" days of Big Government as Savior. This is why they've come out in force for Obama and want to play puppetmaster.

I REJECT this attempt to return the Party to the Loony Left. But, if they're successful, I think we might FINALLY find fertile ground for a third, moderate party comprised of moderate Republicans and moderate Democrats.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:41 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,419 times
If one of your gripes is Teddy no-pants, then you can say the same for Billy Clinton Boy.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:56 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Time will tell, my friend. I hope to prove you wrong. The race was supposed to be over at this point, with Hillary celebrating the nomination lock. She instead is celebrating meaningless and rare wins now, pretending to still be a player. Obama won the delegate count in Texas, so he won Texas. That makes him 13-2 in state delegate wins over the past 15 contests. He's ahead in the nationwide popular vote. He's ahead in the delegate count.

I honestly think that either Obama or Hillary will beat McCain. But McCain has better arguments against Hillary and can make his best run against her. He knows it and so do the Republicans. Hillary Dems haven't caught on yet.

what do you think will be McCain's great argument against Hillary?
I would love your spin on this

Old 03-06-2008, 12:58 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
If one of your gripes is Teddy no-pants, then you can say the same for Billy Clinton Boy.
Excuse me? Bill Clinton is NOT a raving left loony, he is a moderate.

He's never been an old drunk, either. The Kennedy men's sexual exploits and appetites make Bill look like a celibate.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:32 PM

88 posts, read 408,141 times
As a republican, I still am considering voting for Hillary in the general election as a protest vote against the republican elite. If the DNC manages to push Hillary out, I will once again vote republican, even if it is for McCain. I think the DNC has played dirty in reference to the Florida and Michigan primaries.

I like Hilary about the same as McCain, I do not like Obama, and I dont like his tactics.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Excuse me? Bill Clinton is NOT a raving left loony, he is a moderate.

He's never been an old drunk, either. The Kennedy men's sexual exploits and appetites make Bill look like a celibate.

They're probably about the same. Billy Boy came to the Twin Cities after the Lewinsky brouhaha, sat in a hotel bar with police surrounding him for security, and my policeman friend said he went upstairs to a room with some woman.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:48 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 606,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
They're probably about the same. Billy Boy came to the Twin Cities after the Lewinsky brouhaha, sat in a hotel bar with police surrounding him for security, and my policeman friend said he went upstairs to a room with some woman.
I heard Obama had gay sex and smoked crack in th eback of a Limo with Obama.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:06 PM

Did your policeman friend tell you that? Someone very close to you?

Old 03-06-2008, 03:11 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
I heard Obama had gay sex and smoked crack in th eback of a Limo with Obama.
Are you implying that Senator Obama is schizophrenic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections