Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Condi has made some great decisions. Uh huh. Go ahead and pick her for VP. It'll be the last mistake McCain makes in this cycle.
Care to list some?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 07:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Condi has also said she wouldn't accept a VP position. She doesn't want it. Of course, she lies.
Would this be anything like Clinton moving across the country, because she wasnt going to run?

Old 03-07-2008, 07:27 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
It's a no brainer. Sends the Democraps into a tail spin. Sec. of State Rice is Super Qualified. Country is held back from the likes of Pelosi and Reed and political balance is created. Taxes will be kept in check to stimulate the economy. All will be well with two (2) people qualified to be Commander in Chief. Will win with a landslide.
McCain picking her- he might as well pick Bush himself. McCain is a loser and he is going to lose. Not a question of IF but by how much.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:29 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
This is even more proof that McAmnesty does not have a clue.

Rice? He might as well chose Bozo the Clown.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Rice is a very smart woman for sure.I am not too sure that she would want to run tho as she is more a professional than politican.She also might want to earn the big bucks she can now get.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:17 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,313,572 times
American Politics is a chess game...this time being played by several masters...

1. The Clintons...almost ALL the dirty conceivers of muck raking brought together in one group

2. Obama...the old Chicago Party of the Daileys resurrected...WOW! I thought they were dead.

3. McCain...I'm dead serious here...so hear what I say...ALL the BUSH resources turned loose on the Democrats...and Bush has made them look like fools for 8 years...they are outfoxed and out maneuvered at every move...and the rebubs make it look so easy...but I can't put my finger on a single person...is it Rove in the background?
McCain will have the money...and his VP choice will be the anvil that drops on the democrats head...will take all the media in a gigantic sweep...and Condi Rice would and could make a great president...
has all the ingredients for a common sense solution.
America's voters will buy it...

Old 03-08-2008, 05:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
As an Obama supporter I would LOVE to see a McCain/Rice ticket. What better way to connect McCain with the failed policies and tactics of the Bush administration than through his VP - someone who was at the heart of those bad Bush decisions? I would love to see the commercials of her reading the Bin Laden Intelligence report "Bin Laden determined to attack..." and when she said "who would of thought that someone would fly planes..." when she should have known it had been predicted.

She should spend some time trying to retrieve some semblance of her reputation before she does anything else.
Just a couple of days ago, McCain was in ecstasy over getting Bush's endorsement. He's clearly stated multiple times that this policies would be the Bush policies. Electing him would simply be an extension of the Bush years.

Why NOT go with Condi? Especially if the Dems shoot themselves in the head and nominate Hillary?

Old 03-08-2008, 06:21 AM

Old Gringo: That's exactly what I'm saying here...the Clinton's sabotage the Obama effort..get the final super delegate vote and leave the country in an uproar...McCain is sitting with a viable VP candidate and a minority one with super credentials...its almost too easy...America will go for it...they want their jobs back...they remember the great economy of the past 8 years and those stock programs put money in their pockets...its been the fear of the Democrat takeover that sent everything into a tail spin...think about it...all media driven...

Old 03-08-2008, 06:26 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times

YouTube - Condi Says No On Being McCain's Running Mate

Old 03-08-2008, 06:33 AM

YouTube is not a credible source...sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections