Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 03:46 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
She lost because she was a lousy candidate. She lost because she did little campaigning. She lost because Trump outworked her. She lost because average middle class people saw her for what she was. She lost because lied repeatedly about her emails.
She likes to talk about Comey. The Russians. She had the biggest influence of all. She had the American media working for her 24/7. The American media tried to influence our election. The American media failed! Stop making excuses Hillary you sucked as a candidate and you suck as a self entitled out of touch moron!!
Four things decided me against her. The first was when she declared people exercising one of their rights as enemies. The second was the cheating the Democrats did during the primary. If they would do it to one of their own, then what's to say they wouldn't do it to the people?

The third was when she or someone on her staff and then she did not counter declared that the primary was over while there were still elections to be conducted. I am not too thrilled about a candidate that disenfranchises voters, especially one that does it openly.

Finally, there was the way Obama was promoting her around the country. While both sides may do that in that the President may campaign for his party, it still convinced me not to vote for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 04:30 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ9p5aNX-ts

This lady is a broken record. She's STILL saying that she lost because she's a woman. And that the Comey letter and the Wikileaks emails are reasons why she lost. She is STILL not accepting the results of the election 6 months later...even though she said she would and it's a direct threat to democracy if Trump didn't accept it.
FLASHBACK: Hillary Said Not Accepting Election Results Was ‘Direct Threat To Democracy’ (VIDEO) – American Lookout

And she still doesn't know that she lost...because of all of these reasons:
-everyone knows how much of a liar she was with the emails and she tried to cover them up instead of owning up to them. People don't like liars, just be honest, even if you screwed up.
-she felt entitled to win because it was "her turn".
-screwing Bernie Sanders, whilst her campaign making fun of Bernie supporters...who she later thought would just support her just because "I'm not Donald Trump". Wrong.
-calling half of Americans "racist sexist deplorables"
-pandering to blacks (look I carry hot sauce in my purse) and women (if you don't vote for me, you're sexist)
-faking her health status for no real reason instead of just being like "I'm kinda sick but I'll get through it"
-not showing up in states that needed her to campaign in
-using bad stars like Lena Dunham and Amy Schumer to campaign for her(who most Americans don't like)
-relying on identity politics
-not having any real policies or doing anything of what she'd change, but seems like she just had "continuing whatever Obama was doing".
-being way too smug about her winning (ie Trump needs to accept the results of the election or he's against democracy)

It's truly sad. She's the reason why we have Trump in office right now.

That about sums it up. Hillary = a truly despicable, dishonest, wretched human being.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:44 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,832 times
At this point, what difference does it make anyway?

Old 05-04-2017, 06:11 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,214,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
When Obama won re-election in 2012, I was angry but I got over it. Why can't liberals do the same? It's been half a year since the election.

This is interesting- because most liberals I know are fully over the Clintons. Many have problems with Trump, his proposed policies, his demeanor and his appointees. But they are fully over Clinton. And the irony is- conservatives are the ones constantly bringing up Clinton. I think she'll stay in the news another full cycle simply because she has proven click bait for too many conservatives and has to be profitable for the news networks. Which is unfortunate because the specter of the Clintons has basically overwhelmed the Dems ability to move in a new direction/find leaders/refine policy. No one pays attention as long as there is a Clinton story to trot out and rewage the 1990s grudge matches...

Old 05-04-2017, 06:25 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
This is interesting- because most liberals I know are fully over the Clintons. Many have problems with Trump, his proposed policies, his demeanor and his appointees. But they are fully over Clinton. And the irony is- conservatives are the ones constantly bringing up Clinton. I think she'll stay in the news another full cycle simply because she has proven click bait for too many conservatives and has to be profitable for the news networks. Which is unfortunate because the specter of the Clintons has basically overwhelmed the Dems ability to move in a new direction/find leaders/refine policy. No one pays attention as long as there is a Clinton story to trot out and rewage the 1990s grudge matches...
The reason for that is because the (D)'s still do not have any sort of leadership people can get behind.

The attacks on Clinton will diminish when she quits trying to be the leader still.

It's understandable that people want to dig her up to drive the stake. The (D)'s need to forcibly tell her to go away.

I say this as someone who wants someone I can get behind to counter Trump. Who is that person?

Old 05-04-2017, 06:58 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
At this point, what difference does it make anyway?

Old 05-04-2017, 12:36 PM

833 posts, read 521,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Californians are Americans, too, in case you forgot. Their vote is no less important that your's. The post I initially addressed questioned Clinton's ability to connect with voters. By sheer volume of votes, she beat Trump by a large margin. Who cares if the vote came from California. It's still a vote.

Bullcrap, indeed.
Aside from the fact that you don't seem to understand the statistics and margins, a 2.1% difference in the popular vote is hardly a "large margin."

Old 05-04-2017, 01:31 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Hillary isn't over Hillary, nor are the liberals.

Old 05-05-2017, 04:03 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Finally, there was the way Obama was promoting her around the country. While both sides may do that in that the President may campaign for his party, it still convinced me not to vote for her.
^^^^^ Brings to mind Obama's incredibly arrogant 'I'll take it as a personal insult' comment. George Soros has been credited with saying that Obama is the most arrogant person he's ever known in his life.

Old 05-05-2017, 04:17 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Doubt it is nearly as serious as President Trump's narcissistic personality disorder, though! If Trump ever said that about her, that would truly be a "pot meet kettle" moment.
No Kidding.

And Obama makes three, IMO.

A few nights ago, I was trying to find a picture of Trump's estate in/near Bedminster. One of the hits led me to the Trump Organization website. Just for the heck of it, I clicked on his biography. I was SMH. Only someone in his position who is also insecure would have a website biography that long (seriously...he has done quite a bit, but it is still severe overkill), and worded in that particular way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections