Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 11:59 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,584,283 times

Advertisements

Many Hillary supporters say Hillary will win Pennsylvania due to the fact that there are similar demographics to Ohio. However there is a difference in Pennsylvaina and Ohio that is often overlooked. Unlike Ohio, Pennsylvania has a very large urban city (Philadelphia) and the votes in Philadelphia combined with Pittsburgh could offset other areas of the state where Hillary would win. Time will tell. So far Hillary leads in the polls but there is more than a month til that primary. Remember, Obama was 20 points behind in Texas and a week and a half later he managed to close in to the point to where it was a nail biter victory for Hillary. Obama also closed in a big gap in Ohio. Obama has alot more time to close the gap in Pennsylvania and a win there plus a win in the rich delagate state of North Carolina two weeks later will end all this crap. Obama is leading in North Carolina which is a state that has 134 delagates up for grabs. North Carolina is the last rich delagate state in the primary schedule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 01:08 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,816 times
we have several weeks for both to bring to the voters
it was said in the polls that they were neck and neck in Ohio
and she won huge
I myself don't listen to the polls
as they have been wrong several times
let's let them get there and then let's see the results

Old 03-08-2008, 01:11 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,584,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
we have several weeks for both to bring to the voters
it was said in the polls that they were neck and neck in Ohio
and she won huge
I myself don't listen to the polls
as they have been wrong several times
let's let them get there and then let's see the results
10 points isnt a huge lead. It not a nail biter but its not a HUGE lead. 70% to 40% is a HUGE victory and so far Hillary has not beat Obama by such margins. But I can name plenty of states where Obama has won by such margins. The biggest margin in one state, Obama won 70% to Hillary's 25%.....now thats embarrasing.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:12 PM

775 posts, read 579,387 times
Er no....no huge lead in Ohio

Old 03-08-2008, 01:44 PM

607 posts, read 923,289 times
I'm pretty convinced that Hillary's recent "wins" are due to Republican cross-over voters eager to keep the Democrats fighting with each other. I know of many people here in Texas that voted for her for that sole reason. This may be why it looked like they were tied in Ohio and Obama was possibly going to pull a win in Texas, and then she ended up getting more votes (however, once again, less caucus delegates = less diehard support).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections