Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 01:56 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,029,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I just don't get it.

Obama has more years in elected office than Hillary does. He also has more foreign policy experience than Hillary's husband did when he ran for president in 1992. I'm sure Mrs. Clinton didn't worry about "red phone moments" when Bill was running.

Is being a corporate lawyer for Wal*Mart better civilian experience than being a constitutional law professor for 10 years or a community organizer out in the streets?

If Hillary is considered to be more experienced because she was the wife of a president for eight years, why not just elect Laura Bush to office? Is it because Laura didn't launch an ultimately failed attempt at universal healthcare?

Hillary supporters-- please explain.
First off, Hillary wasn't a "corporate lawyer for Wal-Mart." She was a partner in the Rose law firm but later named to the board of Wal-Mart, not in a legal capacity.

What I DON'T GET is why you people don't simply do a Google search if you REALLY want to read about Hillary's experience and accomplishments. She started working on federal domestic issues in 1970 and was one of only two female lawyers who worked for the House Judiciary Committee in 1974 on the Nixon impeachment.

The list of accomplishments grows from there and you expect US to summarize what amounts to 38 years of experience for you? READ, people. Don't expect others to spoonfeed you all of the time. It's pathetic, too, that you're basically admitting that you did NO RESEARCH on the candidates before making your decision to support one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 02:01 PM

775 posts, read 580,383 times
1970? 1974? That's me typing rustily since I did it over 30+ years ago. And hmmm What was it I learned in college 30 + years ago again? Geez, I'd better go back and review.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:25 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,150,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Laura Bush would make an excellent President -- but Laura Bush isn't running.

Yes, First Lady experience is "experience." Some First Ladies have actually taken over and run the government.
Who?
I wasn't aware of this.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:35 PM

39 posts, read 177,428 times
Default haha so silly

Quote:
I just don't get it.

Obama has more years in elected office than Hillary does. He also has more foreign policy experience than Hillary's husband did when he ran for president in 1992. I'm sure Mrs. Clinton didn't worry about "red phone moments" when Bill was running.

Is being a corporate lawyer for Wal*Mart better civilian experience than being a constitutional law professor for 10 years or a community organizer out in the streets?

If Hillary is considered to be more experienced because she was the wife of a president for eight years, why not just elect Laura Bush to office? Is it because Laura didn't launch an ultimately failed attempt at universal healthcare?

It is obvious that Hillary's experience is suspect. The issue here is a race issue. Has nothing to do with anything other than race at this point. We have two political leaders that are very similar in their political views. Look at Hillary's support. Look closely at that support. You have asians, hispanics and old Americans .. mostly. Now these groups carry a lot of weight. But look at them closely. If you ask the typical asian democratic about Hillary and Obama. In broken English you will hear the following: Hillary .. she white .. me vote for her.
----
Has nothing to do with Hillary's platform or views .. It is a black white thing.
----
Why do you think most of Hillary's followers are among the blue-collar and poor group? This is where you find primitive expressions of racism.
----
It is really very clear ..

Old 03-09-2008, 11:37 PM

154 posts, read 606,343 times
It doesn't exist. At most, and this is being extremely generous and counting her time as First Lady as "experience" she has four more years than Obama. But, if you want to count actual elected experience Obama has four more years than she does. 11>7.

I also find it funny how she wants to count teatime in N. Ireland and speeches in China as experience, but Obama can't do the same. WTF is up with that? She will get called on BS "experience" claims soon enough, though.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:32 AM

18,737 posts, read 33,444,122 times
Supposedly, Woodrow Wilson's wife in effect ran the government when he was incapacitated with a stroke. Of course, the media wasn't as nosy then, or as capable of finding these things out. I believe it was about two months, but can't remember.
It's hardly a blueprint or a plan.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:50 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,550,475 times
Quote:
I just don't get it.

If Clinton was as experienced as she's trying to convince people she is, she wouldn't be losing a campaign to a junior senator from Chicago's south side.

If Clinton was so experienced, she'd be known for it; instead she's known for her ability to fight hard and (often) dirty.

If Clinton was so experienced .... wait a second, how long has she lived in New York?

Old 03-10-2008, 07:53 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,589,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Her only foray into policy as First Lady was Universal Health Care-and it failed miserably.
and it failed with a democratic congress so Her promises for universal healthcare is just a promise that will be broken.

People forget that Obama had over 8 years in the state congress so Obama does have more years in elected office than Hillary has. Plus the many years of "life experience" Obama has. Hillary just tried to spin it and make it look like Obama is some inexperienced newcomer.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:00 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,589,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhartha11 View Post
It is obvious that Hillary's experience is suspect. The issue here is a race issue. Has nothing to do with anything other than race at this point. We have two political leaders that are very similar in their political views. Look at Hillary's support. Look closely at that support. You have asians, hispanics and old Americans .. mostly. Now these groups carry a lot of weight. But look at them closely. If you ask the typical asian democratic about Hillary and Obama. In broken English you will hear the following: Hillary .. she white .. me vote for her.
----
Has nothing to do with Hillary's platform or views .. It is a black white thing.
----
Why do you think most of Hillary's followers are among the blue-collar and poor group? This is where you find primitive expressions of racism.
----
It is really very clear ..
actually I do see your point....with certain demographics of the population, race is an issue. Hispanics have come out on news station like CNN and point blank said they werent going to vote for a black candidate. Many asians feel the same way. Now that could be the case for many in the old population because they grew up in segregate times but that can be hard to prove because there are a few other reasons old people tend to vote for Hillary.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:00 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,771,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
First off, Hillary wasn't a "corporate lawyer for Wal-Mart." She was a partner in the Rose law firm but later named to the board of Wal-Mart, not in a legal capacity.

What I DON'T GET is why you people don't simply do a Google search if you REALLY want to read about Hillary's experience and accomplishments. She started working on federal domestic issues in 1970 and was one of only two female lawyers who worked for the House Judiciary Committee in 1974 on the Nixon impeachment.

The list of accomplishments grows from there and you expect US to summarize what amounts to 38 years of experience for you? READ, people. Don't expect others to spoonfeed you all of the time. It's pathetic, too, that you're basically admitting that you did NO RESEARCH on the candidates before making your decision to support one.

Unfortunately, this means nothing to the Obamaphiles. It's not that they can't read, they WON'T READ, which is worse.

Hey teatime, let's go grab a martini ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections