Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Will Will Handel or Ossoff???
Ossoff Wins 13 18.84%
Handel Wins 56 81.16%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 09:15 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
I can't even find the amount of thumbs up I'd need to give you in approval on your post. Yep, Dems have always catered to both the rich and the poor and have F'd over all tiers of the Middle Class. I was checking the other day on Covered California to see how much my wife and I would have to pay (currently on a coprorate plan). The amount ranged from $14k to $32k! Yeah, rely F'ing affordable. And then when you can't pay it the MFers penalize you. And somehow I'm supposed to believe a new plan is going to be worse than this piece of S?! Yeah, hard to imagine that.
That makes no sense, I checked San Francisco and Los Angeles and the price for a silver plan for a 55 year old couple is $901 a month, if you are both 40 the plan would cost $517. Health Insurance Marketplace Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 10:37 PM

882 posts, read 688,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That makes no sense, I checked San Francisco and Los Angeles and the price for a silver plan for a 55 year old couple is $901 a month, if you are both 40 the plan would cost $517. Health Insurance Marketplace Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
Whether you choose to believe me or not is irrelevant to me. I went to the Covered CA site, answered their questions and that is what came up for me and my wife. You do realize the price you're quoting is just under $11k so funny that you would doubt me. And the $14k plan I spoke of was for someone they consider with light usage. It's total BS. As the other gentleman said, you're essentially paying outrageous amount of money buying worthless insurance. And your link comes up with same thing

Last edited by Independentthinking; 06-24-2017 at 10:57 PM..

Old 06-24-2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Whether you choose to believe me or not is irrelevant to me. I went to the Covered CA site, answered their questions and that is what came up for me and my wife. You do realize the price you're quoting is just under $11k so funny that you would doubt me. And the $14k plan I spoke of was for someone they consider with light usage. It's total BS. As the other gentleman said, you're essentially paying outrageous amount of money buying worthless insurance. And your link comes up with same thing
Did you forget what you claimed? Here, let me remind you:
Quote:
The amount ranged from $14k to $32k!

Old 06-24-2017, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Did you forget what you claimed? Here, let me remind you:
Nope didn't forget it at all. Your dumb calculator doesn't have all the plans listed at Covered CA (it's down for maintenance right now, otherwise I'd be happy to prove you wrong). That was indeed the range and it listed numerous plans, depending on usage. Your calculator did prove the lower range so you"re wrong (and the bronze and silver plans are far below the level of health insurance we have now). It's amazing to me that you didn't know this. Take the blinders off, son.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Nope didn't forget it at all. Your dumb calculator doesn't have all the plans listed at Covered CA (it's down for maintenance right now, otherwise I'd be happy to prove you wrong). That was indeed the range and it listed numerous plans, depending on usage. Your calculator did prove the lower range so you"re wrong. It's amazing to me that you didn't know this. Take the blinders off, son.
yeah well as soon as the website is back up why don't you go find that $32,000 premium and post the details of it here? BTW, I'm not your son, I'm not even a male.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
yeah well as soon as the website is back up why don't you go find that $32,000 premium and post the details of it here? BTW, I'm not your son, I'm not even a male.
I'll be more than happy to prove you wrong when it comes back up, Maam. Of course, we both know after I do, you'll saunter off and continue to post misinformation to others. It's too bad people like you are so ideologically bound that you can't engage in an honest conversation.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:44 PM

Whoop, there it is!

Bronze plan - range from $1228 to $1380

Silver plan - range from $1693 to $2152

Gold plan - range from $1875 to $2574

Platinum plan - range from $2165 to $3281

So actually, depending on the provider (Kaiser to Health Net), the top range exceeds $38k. There is nothing about this that is "affordable".

I think we're done here. Time for you to saunter off.

Old 06-25-2017, 12:29 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
^^ Well I think that about wraps up that amusing little diversion...

Old 06-25-2017, 11:03 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
I'll be more than happy to prove you wrong when it comes back up, Maam. Of course, we both know after I do, you'll saunter off and continue to post misinformation to others. It's too bad people like you are so ideologically bound that you can't engage in an honest conversation.
They will say and do anything to protect their right to other people's money.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Whoop, there it is!

Bronze plan - range from $1228 to $1380

Silver plan - range from $1693 to $2152

Gold plan - range from $1875 to $2574

Platinum plan - range from $2165 to $3281

So actually, depending on the provider (Kaiser to Health Net), the top range exceeds $38k. There is nothing about this that is "affordable".

I think we're done here. Time for you to saunter off.
source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections