Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 05:14 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Source: Kasich, Hickenlooper consider unity presidential ticket in 2020 - CNNPolitics

That would be very interesting. Actually a welcome change from the far fringes that seem to have enveloped both parties. Assume 35% on each side, leaves 30% in the middle. They'd have to have a very convincing platform to pull it off, but it would be welcome.
John Kasich, who is my Governor, lost my support forever. He proved himself to be a fool. He is like a bad cold that refuses to leave, but hangs on forever. Here in his home state, you never saw any Kasich signs. Only Trump. There were no Hillary signs either. Yet this dumbass wouldn't quit. He also fully signed on to Obamacare. The guy is a traitor to the Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 05:27 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Source: Kasich, Hickenlooper consider unity presidential ticket in 2020 - CNNPolitics

That would be very interesting. Actually a welcome change from the far fringes that seem to have enveloped both parties. Assume 35% on each side, leaves 30% in the middle. They'd have to have a very convincing platform to pull it off, but it would be welcome.
30% arent in the middle. We have had years of polling that show people who lean one way or the other make up more than 80% of the electorate. They may not call themselves Dems or Republicans, but they are when it comes to the policies they support.

Ow, to your point, that doesnt mean they vote that way. There are plenty of polls that show people who actually support Democratic policies support Republicans and vice versa. So you could get people who want to vote in the "sensible guy", but they themselves are hard right/hard left.

So polling things like this are hard.

What we do know is that Kasich has enough swing in Ohio to atleast split the Republican vote. He could do the same in Michigan ,Kentucky, Florida, and Wisconsin .

At this moment in time, a Kasich/Hickenlooper ticket doesnt look like it can win, but It can stop Trump without hurting the Democrat and that is the biggest problem the Republicans will face and why this ticket in particular will not happen.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
John Kasich, who is my Governor, lost my support forever. He proved himself to be a fool. He is like a bad cold that refuses to leave, but hangs on forever. Here in his home state, you never saw any Kasich signs. Only Trump. There were no Hillary signs either. Yet this dumbass wouldn't quit. He also fully signed on to Obamacare. The guy is a traitor to the Party.
But he won your state 3 times(governors races, and primary).

And even if you dont like Obamacare, implementing it the way it was supposed to be has caused Ohio to actually fair far better than other states.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:20 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
explain why two open border supporting TPP supporting candidates could win>?

Old 08-25-2017, 06:28 PM

19,769 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
explain why two open border supporting TPP supporting candidates could win>?
A lot of farmers supported TPP and are pretty p'd about it. In any event- TPP is really a non-issue. Most don't have a clue what it would have done good or bad. Furthermore, very few people support 'open borders'. A majority don't support 'a wall'. Most just want beefed border patrol using technology and a good legal system to get rid of the nasties.

Not that hard for a candidate(s) to address those.

I would like to see some evidence that Kasinich supports 'open borders' as proclaimed. Honestly sounds like a parroted right wing talk point to me.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
30% arent in the middle. We have had years of polling that show people who lean one way or the other make up more than 80% of the electorate. They may not call themselves Dems or Republicans, but they are when it comes to the policies they support.

Ow, to your point, that doesnt mean they vote that way. There are plenty of polls that show people who actually support Democratic policies support Republicans and vice versa. So you could get people who want to vote in the "sensible guy", but they themselves are hard right/hard left.

So polling things like this are hard.

What we do know is that Kasich has enough swing in Ohio to atleast split the Republican vote. He could do the same in Michigan ,Kentucky, Florida, and Wisconsin .

At this moment in time, a Kasich/Hickenlooper ticket doesnt look like it can win, but It can stop Trump without hurting the Democrat and that is the biggest problem the Republicans will face and why this ticket in particular will not happen.
I think at some point there will be a third party. If Warren and Sanders pull the 'D' party further left, and the Trump/Nationalists pull the party to the right (or off the f'-ing tracks), there are going to be a whole lotta people left saying 'WTF?'

Old 08-25-2017, 06:39 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyvacant View Post
I thought Kasich was the only reasonable candidate with relevant experience in the whole zoo of candidates on both sides.
Me too. I'd rather have him as our President than who we currently have. It floors me who we wound up with the 2 most ridiculous candidates this election

Old 08-25-2017, 09:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
You are completely and totally wrong. Like to the tune of 2:1 wrong.

Fox News Poll: June 28, 2017 | Fox News

June 25- June 27
51. Do you approve or disapprove of sending additional U.S. troops to Afghanistan?
Approve- 29%
Disprove- 62%
Don't know-8%

What will be funny is how many Trump supporters are suddenly and miraculously 'for sending Troops' only because their blind loyalty tells them too.

My opinion has been and will be get the F out of there and let them sort it out.
Like the left did with Obama on Syria?

Old 08-25-2017, 09:12 PM

Still unpopular.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7abb26764389

Old 08-25-2017, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Like the left did with Obama on Syria?
I see you still believe the entire left is against war in Syria
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections