Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 06:37 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
What is it that Obama has said or done that frightens you so much?
What is it about Hillary that people love to hate so much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 06:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
This whole discussion is silly. I mean, just the fact that we are all discussing it here means that race is an issue, even if it shouldn't be one.

By the way, I don't dislike Senator Obama. He is a very intelligent, accomplished man. I just wish Florida had been counted and Senator Clinton got the votes (and delegates) she won. The entire primary process has been very unbalanced, including the media. It's so obvious that they are treating Senator Obama with kid gloves, but just wait until the Republicans start attacking him. Like others have stated...it's going to get very nasty and the Democrats are helping them pave the way.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:02 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Hillary obviously is not using good judgement herself -- look at this blatantly racist (anti-black) Hillary supporter.
I'm sorry, but I must have been absent the day Hillary claimed she had superior judgment. Obama is the one who said his judgment was better than anyone else's in this race. Obama said he's the one who should be answering the phone in the White House at 3 a.m. because he has the best judgment. Hillary doesn't pick her supporters. Obama PICKS his friends.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:02 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'm sorry, but I must have been absent the day Hillary claimed she had superior judgment. Obama is the one who said his judgment was better than anyone else's in this race. Obama said he's the one who should be answering the phone in the White House at 3 a.m. because he has the best judgment. Hillary doesn't pick her supporters. Obama PICKS his friends.
Well said.
Obama and his chosen racist mentor.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:30 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
This whole discussion is silly. I mean, just the fact that we are all discussing it here means that race is an issue, even if it shouldn't be one.

By the way, I don't dislike Senator Obama. He is a very intelligent, accomplished man. I just wish Florida had been counted and Senator Clinton got the votes (and delegates) she won. The entire primary process has been very unbalanced, including the media. It's so obvious that they are treating Senator Obama with kid gloves, but just wait until the Republicans start attacking him. Like others have stated...it's going to get very nasty and the Democrats are helping them pave the way.

Speaking of imbalance in regards to the media... CNN has barely mentioned politics today... isn't that curious. When something comes up regarding Hillary no matter how irrelevant they spin it out of control for days upon days but something like the Rev Wright bombshell is discussed one day and never to be heard of again. What the heck CNN? That is blatantly biased reporting. Does anybody know any other news channels who report all sides of a story and not just one side... their own.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Speaking of imbalance in regards to the media... CNN has barely mentioned politics today... isn't that curious. When something comes up regarding Hillary no matter how irrelevant they spin it out of control for days upon days but something like the Rev Wright bombshell is discussed one day and never to be heard of again. What the heck CNN? That is blatantly biased reporting. Does anybody know any other news channels who report all sides of a story and not just one side... their own.
Maybe because Pastor Wright isn't running for office and he's the one that made the speeches.

With Ferraro, it was more newsworthy because she was a well-known politician and feminist and she made some pretty shocking remarks. Not at all irrelevant. With Ferraro's racist comments, the news didn't hang Hillary for them, it was Ferraro who ended up stepping down in disgrace.

Now go out and find some speeches or quotes from Obama himself. That's what he can be held accountable for.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:47 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:
Do you think Obama has a black agenda? How do you think his black agenda and deep seated resentment/anger will manifest itself if he becomes President of the United States? How will his wife respond to being First Lady? I am looking towards the longterm ramifications of this situation and what it could mean for all our futures if we elect a President that views America and Americans through racist colored lenses. I do not deny that blacks have deep seated issues of resentment and anger due to their history of slavery by the white man but I am not racist... the majority of white people are not. I am against racism but I am also aware of the deep seated resentments that blacks still harbour towards whites. My concern is for the future of America and who will be the best candidate for President based on competency, knowledge and experience and who will protect the interest of ALL American's. I am afraid that Obama will only create division due to his own deep seated negative feelings and personal prejudices in regards to race issues.
I think Barack Obama will be the greatest president this country has seen to date. Sentiments that you express here are so way off base that they can't even be taken seriously. Sorry, but Barack is not a closet racist waiting to unload a black agenda once elected. This is ludicrous.

Is Hillary racist? Never in history has a candidate in second place offer the candidate in first place the second position. Does this mean that her asking this brilliant black man to take a back seat is an indication that she's racist? That maybe she doesn't think a black man should be president even though all indicators point to this being likely the case?

Old 03-16-2008, 08:02 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
i doubt if hillary would put barack on the ticket now if she got the nomination. there is no crossover vote appeal with that ticket.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:07 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,779,750 times
Quote:
I am against racism but I am also aware of the deep seated resentments that blacks still harbour towards whites. My concern is for the future of America and who will be the best candidate for President based on competency, knowledge and experience and who will protect the interest of ALL American's. I am afraid that Obama will only create division due to his own deep seated negative feelings and personal prejudices in regards to race issues.
Wow, it's sad that you think that you are not racist; because it seems pretty apparent that you are.

I don't hold any resentment and anger towards White people -- and I am Black. I wholeheartedly resent any White (or Black, or Asian) person that tries to trivialize the existence and damages created by racism. But that is not the same as blanket, race-driven resentment. And by the second thing that you said...going by your logic (not mine), why wouldn't Black American's be concerned about a non-Black President "who will protect the interest of ALL Americans" including Black people. However, that fell through many times, now didn't it? Oh, but wait....we are the minority, not the majority, so it shouldn't matter. But then we are back to racism then, because there is separatist thinking at play there. Jeez.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:12 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,779,750 times
Quote:
What if it were any white pastor anywhere spouting anti black racist propaganda to such an extreme
Yeah, it's called David Duke.

David Duke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So were you this upset back in 1988? And that was from the actual candidate, not the candidate's pastor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections