Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 03:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,767,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
You know, I do think that the Clinton machine is bringing race into this. I think Geraline Ferraro (sp?) purposefully said that line over and over until it got picked up by the media and became a fire storm. She was willing to be a sacrificial lamb to get that message out. What did it hurt her anyway? And the impact has been great.

I'm voting for McCain. I think Cinton is a sleaze ball and I think Obama is absolutely not presidential material. Has NOTHING to do with him being black or half black. In fact, if all things were equal and a black conservative was running in the primary against a white conservative, I would vote for the black IN A HEART BEAT. Same thing regarding a female conservative running agains a male conservative. Just think it would be great for the country....ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL in their qualifications.

The liberals, for years have been accusing the right/conservatives/repubs of being hate mongering racists. I must say I am loving that the truth is coming out and the real, modern day racism is within the left.

Not voting for Obama on the issues is a whole different matter. That's perfectly understandable, just like liberals didn't vote for Alan Keyes when he ran in the primaries and it would be racist to vote for someone because of their skin color.

These people should be ashamed that they made this about race, why not about issues?

It was Bill Clinton who compared Obama with Jesse Jackson back in SC, with the less than subtle suggestion that was as far as Obama should think he was going. It's been Bill Clinton openly ridiculing Barack Obama. Not on any issues mind you but trying to make him seem silly for still being in the race.

Bill Clinton sent the photo of Obama in the African clothing -- obviously a racist stunt. Ferraro was openly racist and has stepped down in disgrace over it. Now all this. Trying to hold Obama accountable for speeches he never gave, words he never said.

The problem is, the Hillary campaign simply cannot win on the issues, she cannot win on personality. Now she's taking this into the swamps and slinging dirt as hard as she can. And it's turning very racist and nasty. Obama has been maitaining the high ground still, and let's hope he can but he'd better understand what he's up against. Hillary doesn't care if she's losing in everything, she intends to take this one way or another from Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 03:22 PM

3,337 posts, read 1,969,212 times
Default Ridin' Bare Barak

Quote:
Originally Posted by condorito View Post
It is a ghetto church for sure. Now, I was under the impression that Barack Obama was a "different" type of African American. I still regard him as educated, bright and capable. I just do not understand why he would have any link to this type of "ghetto church". Just because they are Black?! Also, I saw Michelle Obama speak about a month ago and I was really impressed with what she was saying.

A few weeks ago, when I heard her say something about going to Princeton made her aware of her "blackness", feeling like a visitor on campus and also her comments about being proud of being American for the first time, it just made me realize that the Obamas, besides their background and accomplishments, may not be much different than a Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton in mentality, it seems like the race thing is almost an obssession with all of them. I just do not see Barack and Michelle the same way. I was hoping for them to be a bit more enlightened due to their intellect.
They(the Obamanations) use this type of hate speech to gin up their motivation to excel. Perhaps a psychologist could explain this as tranferance or something like that.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:34 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,863,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Might not be the right thing to say, but I found Rev. Wright rather humorous in that clip. I think it would be a good idea if both campaigns stopped being so sensitive and stopped trying to out victim each other.
Well, just watching that little clip, I can see why you might find it humorous.

What I don't think humorous: Mr. Obama and his equally stupid wife subjecting his little girls to see the (cough) Reverend. Were they there this particular day when he was fake humping the air? I don't know. I'd like to know, though. If they were there that day, did the girls ask Mommy and Daddy what the preacher was doing and why everybody was laughing?

Or were they there when the Rev. was spewing his heart felt hate America crap?

Just curious. I think Mr. Obama needs to answer this line of questioning.

IMHO, this shows Obama's lack of judgement. Can't take care of his own children properly. Don't think he's going to do a bang up job with an entire country under his watch.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:35 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,767,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You Clintonites are all nothing but a bunch of racists.

Proud of yourselves? Your candidate has no real issues to run on -- can't run on NAFTA since she's got to fool the American people why they have lost their jobs and wages because NAFTA was the Clinton legacy.

Now you've all turned this in to race. White versus black. The Klan is so proud.
Now stop it ... if anyone is surprised that this fact was vetted out and is being used, that's just plain naive!!! If you can call Hillary supporters racist ... then what is Rev. Wright?

Old 03-16-2008, 03:39 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,688,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
He is SO disgusting, I cannot see how anybody with any common-sense could attend his church for more than one week, let alone for 20 years!!

And just watch the reaction of the congregation!!!! What does THAT tell you?? You certainly can't make the excuse that it's ONLY Rev. Wright's opinions!

Obama chose to bring his own children to this kind of church.
That's what gets me. As if the preacher isn't bad enough, the congregation can't even control themselves enough to stay in their seats. I couldn't imagine anyone in my family going to a church where the preacher simulated "doggy style" motions. It is SICK!

Old 03-16-2008, 03:57 PM

510 posts, read 1,460,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
They(the Obamanations) use this type of hate speech to gin up their motivation to excel. Perhaps a psychologist could explain this as tranferance or something like that.

Obamanations...good one!

Old 03-16-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
What I don't think humorous: Mr. Obama and his equally stupid wife subjecting his little girls to see the (cough) Reverend. ......

IMHO, this shows Obama's lack of judgement. Can't take care of his own children properly. Don't think he's going to do a bang up job with an entire country under his watch.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Now stop it ... if anyone is surprised that this fact was vetted out and is being used, that's just plain naive!!! If you can call Hillary supporters racist ... then what is Rev. Wright?
Amen to that!!

Old 03-16-2008, 04:04 PM

Default SEPT, 2001 SERMON!!! and "GOD D*MN AMERICA!" SERMON

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
That's what gets me. As if the preacher isn't bad enough, the congregation can't even control themselves enough to stay in their seats. I couldn't imagine anyone in my family going to a church where the preacher simulated "doggy style" motions. It is SICK!

Thank you!

And here are more clips of the Reverend Wright, note the first one is from SEPTEMBER 16, 2001, just 5 DAYS after the WORLD TRADE CENTER AND PENTAGON BOMBINGS!

YouTube - Barack Obama Pastor Jeremiah Wright NEW TAPES!!!!

Yet, Obama claimed the other night that he only recently became aware of Wright's sermons on these subjects. If anybody believes THAT, I've got a bridge in New York City I'd like to sell them!

Old 03-16-2008, 04:06 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,442,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Sounds like a black Geraldine Ferraro, who just happens to have a pulpit. Considering what little we did hear from Geraldine, one can only guess what she really thinks, but I have a feeling it just might make Rev. Wright look tame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections