Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2008, 07:37 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,092,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
That's nice -

This thread however is about Senator Obama. AND, he has made an issue, numerous times, about his association with this minister.

It is fair to question the influence this minister has had, and would have, on Senator Obama should he be successful with his candidacy for POTUS
ALL of these popular threads are about Obama...gotta find somewhere to slip Hillary in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 07:39 PM

510 posts, read 1,461,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Some of your best friends are black, huh? Where have I heard that before? As I said, you've been exposed. Enjoy yourself.
Nope. Never said that. Keep misquoting me. Twist and spin, twist and spin.

Yaaaawwwwwn.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
So...uh...just for clarification: Lively = Better? or what? I don't think I understand your point for posting that? And what does the "liveliness" of a sermon have to do with whether the remarks are racist or anti-American?

Maybe some people simply don't need to feel as if they're at a comedy club/concert or be screamed at to feel the presence of God.
Better to me because they keep you awake so you can actually hear the word. My grandpa used to fall asleep in every white church service I went to with him. My grandma would have to elbow him to wake up.

Nothing wrong with a few jokes thrown in either...also makes you want to listen. Liveliness doesn't have anything to do with what's being preached tho.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Senator Obama stated he has been a member of this church for more than 20 years.

He has stated, clearly, that the "Reverend" was, and is, his "Mentor". That the Reverend was, and is, his "Moral Compass"

He has indicated he has be "active" in this church.

He has indicated all of the above in an effort to dispel concerns that he was a practicing Muslim.

And now, with all of his statements noted above, he is trying to say that he did not know the positions this Reverend took?

I'm sorry but, I don't believe him.
I don't believe he didn't know this either. I don't like that he has said he didn't. He should've just said he doesn't agree with the remarks if he doesn't, and left it at that.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeaTexan View Post
Better to me because they keep you awake so you can actually hear the word. My grandpa used to fall asleep in every white church service I went to with him. My grandma would have to elbow him to wake up.

Nothing wrong with a few jokes thrown in either...also makes you want to listen. Liveliness doesn't have anything to do with what's being preached tho.

Actually (shhh!) I agree. As long as it isn't hate-speech like Wright's church. But, don't let anybody know I feel this way!!...they think I am a racist, and I'd hate to make them look stupid.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:51 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,030,878 times
Sunvixen, Please don't be concerned with these fools. They're Obamatons and they're worried as all get-out that if their leader loses, they'll have to shave their heads, wear orange saris, and sell flowers at airports! (The rest of us know these are all politicians and the sun will still rise no matter who is elected in November.)

Old 03-16-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
The Nasty Rev Wright making sexual motions during his sermons about Clinton/Lewinsky at Obama's church:

YouTube - OBAMA'S NAUGHTY RIDIN PASTOR JEREMIAH WRIGHT

Here are a couple more:

Wright on SEPTEMBER 16, 2001, 5 days after 911, criticizing America, and saying God D*MN AMERICA!!

YouTube - Barack Obama Pastor Jeremiah Wright NEW TAPES!!!!

This next one includes the NEW Pastor of Obamas church, Otis Moss, following in Wright's footsteps...acting like a fool...

YouTube - Hillary ain't never been called a ******! - Jeremiah Wright

This is a Black Pastor calling Obama a PIMP and lots more:

YouTube - Obama's Bra 54 Double "D"

Enjoy!!!

Per your request!

Old 03-16-2008, 07:52 PM

113 posts, read 277,817 times
Just a sidenote. This discussion has generated over 88 responses in less than a day. It just makes me realize how much Americans love this kind of "racially" charged discussion. It also makes me realize that African Americans and others are absolutely not on the same page when it comes to this type of discussion. I have heard very few African Americans denouce the comments made by this pastor, it may be that a lot of them agree with his views? Seriously, anybody here agrees that Jesus was a poor Black man?!

Old 03-16-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Sunvixen, Please don't be concerned with these fools. They're Obamatons and they're worried as all get-out that if their leader loses, they'll have to shave their heads, wear orange saris, and sell flowers at airports! (The rest of us know these are all politicians and the sun will still rise no matter who is elected in November.)
I shall keep thatin mind the next time I see them at Metro!!

Hey...here is a trivia question: What do the TX, AZ and MI Democratic primaries all have in common?

Old 03-16-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes --- if we must have guilt by association then Hillary is guilty for everything he did also, and everything Bill Clinton did -- like push NAFTA through which destroyed the livelihood of many Americans.

It would be better if issues like NAFTA, and jobs, and which corporations should be given tax breaks could be discussed instead of this all being about race.
Yes, that sure would be nice. I don't even know what Rev Wright said except for what I read on these posts. And I don't care. We need to worry about the real issues, not this racial mumbo jumbo.

Even if Obama shares some of these thoughts, he certainly wouldn't be the first president to have negative, prejudicial thoughts about other races. In fact, I'm willing to bet whoever the next president is has these kinds of thoughts as well. Doesn't mean any of the candidates is going to try and bring down an entire race of people. Is that what everyone is afraid of?

I used to stay away from the political controversies board because of the racial threads. I came to this one almost every day to find out the average American's views of the candidates because I was very much on the fence with Hillary and Obama. I was getting a good idea of where everyone stands and it helped me form my own opinion of them. Which really has just come down to who can beat McCain since I don't see huge differences with either one of them.

I'm starting to think America is REALLY not ready for a black president if this is all it's going to be about for the next 5 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections