Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 08:17 PM

3,338 posts, read 1,971,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Sunvixen, Please don't be concerned with these fools. They're Obamatons and they're worried as all get-out that if their leader loses, they'll have to shave their heads, wear orange saris, and sell flowers at airports! (The rest of us know these are all politicians and the sun will still rise no matter who is elected in November.)
this is quite possibly the most inciteful thing I've seen here to date...whoever you are, you are good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 08:25 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,364,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeaTexan View Post
Even if Obama shares some of these thoughts, he certainly wouldn't be the first president to have negative, prejudicial thoughts about other races. In fact, I'm willing to bet whoever the next president is has these kinds of thoughts as well. Doesn't mean any of the candidates is going to try and bring down an entire race of people. Is that what everyone is afraid of?
Not at all. I think we're afraid of being the victims of yet another political con-game, which purports to be about uniting the country, and ends up being inspired by the worst kind of foul-mouthed racist bigotry and ignorance (at least that's the way I interpret the philosophy of this fool "Reverend" Wright). As far as I can tell, the message being sent here is racial hatred within this denomination, which appears to be a perversion of Christianity's message of compassion and tolerance, and an external appeal to "go beyond race" to a better society.

Candidate Obama and his unquestioning supporters are going to have to make up their minds about which message they want to send, and firmly and categorically eschew the hate-mongering of this clerical ignoramus -- if they want to continue to have a viable candidacy.

Words have power -- and contrary to popular opinion, the voters are not fools.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:32 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,010,944 times
Stop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Sunvixen, Please don't be concerned with these fools. They're Obamatons and they're worried as all get-out that if their leader loses, they'll have to shave their heads, wear orange saris, and sell flowers at airports! (The rest of us know these are all politicians and the sun will still rise no matter who is elected in November.)
Amen. This thread shows the whole forums opinion.

Diehard Obama supporters that will follow him off the cliff.

Diehard Hillary supported that are (or maybe where) waiting for Obama to be discovered.

And the undecideds that seem to have the most unbiased opinion.

What group should i jump into?

Continue.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:10 PM

510 posts, read 1,461,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
The Nasty Rev Wright making sexual motions during his sermons about Clinton/Lewinsky at Obama's church:

YouTube - OBAMA'S NAUGHTY RIDIN PASTOR JEREMIAH WRIGHT

Here are a couple more:

Wright on SEPTEMBER 16, 2001, 5 days after 911, criticizing America, and saying God D*MN AMERICA!!

YouTube - Barack Obama Pastor Jeremiah Wright NEW TAPES!!!!

This next one includes the NEW Pastor of Obamas church, Otis Moss, following in Wright's footsteps...acting like a fool...

YouTube - Hillary ain't never been called a ******! - Jeremiah Wright

This is a Black Pastor calling Obama a PIMP and lots more:

YouTube - Obama's Bra 54 Double "D"

Enjoy!!!

Here you go!!

Old 03-16-2008, 09:49 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,969,661 times
Yes there are plenty of racist and that preacher and his cheering crowd are some of them.Sounded like george wallace crowd in the 60's.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:27 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,864,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Who cares what Jesus was, I mean he never existed anyway, but that's besides the point. What Obama thinks about Jesus is none of anyone's business. It's really not important to the presidency. There is the separation of church and state.
Time for you to pick up a history book. First look up Jesus, then look up separation of church and state.

And, by the way, Obama has made what he thinks about Jesus EVERY voter's business because he talks about it frequently.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:51 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,785,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Time for you to pick up a history book. First look up Jesus, then look up separation of church and state.

And, by the way, Obama has made what he thinks about Jesus EVERY voter's business because he talks about it frequently.
And all along the Hillary supporters were suggesting Obama was a Muslim. Turns out that was all a big lie.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:57 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,620,258 times
First of all this thread I guess is about the Rev. Wright.
Second of all what kind of "man" would even discuss or make the kind of motions he made in a church of god let alone in front of women and children?
This is not a man, he is a hate monger who is trying to convince everyone to hate all white people.
What he also is not telling people is the fact that he has never been poor himself so he wouldn't know either.
He is just a hateful man who has some very deep problem he seems to not be able to get over that was cause not by a white man, but by his hate in his heart.
As a side note, there is no way in the world I would not know my pastors thought after 15 years of having him, I know the man well enough to know what his heart and mind are thinking. I believe Obama is lying to us. There is no way he wouldnt know this man teaches hate, after all he writes him checks for 20k at a time and no one would donate that kind of money to someone they really "dont" know would they?

Old 03-16-2008, 11:02 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,272,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And all along the Hillary supporters were suggesting Obama was a Muslim. Turns out that was all a big lie.

its a good thing for Obama to have this "wright" problem since domestic issues the dems can overcome. It will be harder to deal with foreign issues

Old 03-16-2008, 11:04 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,935,887 times
i think obama may potentially have some problem with perceptions about his honesty. either jeremiah wright is a "crazy uncle" or a spiritual leader for obama's family for 20 years and which is it? this calls obama's judgement-making capabilities into question.

Edwards to Endorse Hillary????
This morning on The Chris Matthews Show, Richard Stengel, editor of Time, dropped an atomic news bomb. During the usually lame "tell me something I don't know" segment of the show, Stengel claimed that former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards will be endorsing Hillary Clinton -- possibly before the North Carolina and Pennsylvania primary races.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections