Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 10:34 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The area went for Hillary, 59 - 40.

Taddeo, a Colombian born Democrat, won the election 51 - 47. State wide, Republicans lead the state senate 24 to 16, and the Florida House 76 to 41.

So that's it, I guess. Trump is doomed, the Republicans are through. May as well give up.
Trump is not a republican. No one knows who Trump is these days. He's a bravado and just wants to be loved. Haven't you noticed how all of his speeches seem to all about himself and what he has done. Republicans would be smart to distance themselves against him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 10:50 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,807,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump is not a republican. No one knows who Trump is these days. He's a bravado and just wants to be loved. Haven't you noticed how all of his speeches seem to all about himself and what he has done. Republicans would be smart to distance themselves against him.
Agreed. Humans need to be loved - every politician is guilty of this too.

What I love about Trump is he knows how to play both sides extremely well. You have republicans who insulted him over the "Access Hollywood" tape and still won, and Democrats who look mentally ill and overjoyed when he compromises with them at the WH.

Business people know you have to deal with multiple fire drills at once and make off color comments to get things done. I'll sit back the next 4 or 8 years and watch people implode over it. I'll be laughing BTW.

Trump isn't that bad - it's the fake news industrial complex that's making it worse. People need to chill.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:00 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
Agreed. Humans need to be loved - every politician is guilty of this too.

What I love about Trump is he knows how to play both sides extremely well. You have republicans who insulted him over the "Access Hollywood" tape and still won, and Democrats who look mentally ill and overjoyed when he compromises with them at the WH.

Business people know you have to deal with multiple fire drills at once and make off color comments to get things done. I'll sit back the next 4 or 8 years and watch people implode over it. I'll be laughing BTW.

Trump isn't that bad - it's the fake news industrial complex that's making it worse. People need to chill.
Actually, he is. He has lied about everything. And it's not fake news, it's all in his tweets. I'm sorry but I don't respect a president who doesn't respect us or his cabinet picks. Good grief, he's a joke.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:15 PM

57 posts, read 51,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is what I've been hearing from my California FB friends. They're getting pretty fed up with what's been going on out there. We'll see.
We understand the wall better than anyone.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:56 AM

1,849 posts, read 1,807,062 times
Quote:
Actually, he is. He has lied about everything. And it's not fake news, it's all in his tweets. I'm sorry but I don't respect a president who doesn't respect us or his cabinet picks. Good grief, he's a joke.
Sorry if you don't find his twitter account to be funny - clearly it's a mixed bag of gags and bragging in the most entertaining way possible

Old 09-28-2017, 05:08 PM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Trump is not a republican. .......
Trump is not a Democrat.
That's why he won. He could be a Martian for all I care.
I ain't alone.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:11 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Hey guys, the Democrats won a race for dog catcher! Trump is finished !!!!

Old 09-29-2017, 12:56 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
I don't think people like myself care what party Trump is a part of, we voted the issues and/or against the morally, mentally and physically incompetent Hillary Clinton.

Quote:
No, he hasn't lied about everything. Not even Hillary has lied about EVERYTHING, but almost in her case. Isn't the lack of respect more due to sour grapes over Hillary losing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
Sorry if you don't find his twitter account to be funny - clearly it's a mixed bag of gags and bragging in the most entertaining way possible
He knows his audience on Twitter, something a good businessman knows how to use to his advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Trump is not a Democrat.
That's why he won. He could be a Martian for all I care.
I ain't alone.
He isn't Hillary, isn't that the bottomline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Hey guys, the Democrats won a race for dog catcher! Trump is finished !!!!
Well, if the Democrats won a race for dog catcher, I know it wasn't Hillary Clinton as I heard there was no way she could win such a contest! I heard that several times!

Old 10-02-2017, 10:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Dems Win Special Election in Most Florida Race Ever

Democrat wins a hotly contested statehouse special election near Miami. The seat became vacant following the resignation of a Republican for using the N-word in front of colleagues.
Hotly contested perhaps, but don't get to excited. The district is certainly not a strong hold for the Republicans. I think I see someone who is grabbing a straws in hopes the dems will take over the hourse in 2018,

Old 10-02-2017, 10:33 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,284 times
expect more of this.

Thousands of Puerto Ricans will resettle in Florida and Puerto Rican's vote democratic 80%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections