Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 04:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Trump supporters are seen in a bad light because mainstream (aka opposition) media only highlights the negative and ignores the positive about them and the Trump administration. Kind of ironic that the smug liberals who think of themselves as informed are actually kept in the dark by their media which censors their news. "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."

They are totally clueless which is why nearly a year later they are still in shock that Trump is President.
Very true. Spot on! Wish I could rep ya again right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 04:24 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump has fooled all of his supporters. He's a chameleon. He tells you what you want to hear like a snake oil salesman. Just look at his past interviews where he called republicans the dumbest group of voters.
yeah? Well, we know what your game is, and it isn't working. Trump is no chameleon, but nice try.

I think you've proved one thing though ...Trump supporters are smarter than you are.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:30 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Bannon was on Hannity last night. His comments were spot on. Corker has spilled the beans and revealed exactly what the "establishment" Republicans think of Trump and his agenda. They are the problem. They will be defeated. Bannon says, "We're coming after them." He called Corker an "absolute disgrace," and said he should resign immediately. He believes Marcia Blackburn would have defeated him if he had chosen to run again, and he believes she will win his seat.

It's now clear why Bannon left the White House. He can do more good for the administration on the outside. He's a smart man.

We will defeat these entrenched establishment, anti-American progressive elitists in both Parties. This is about saving America.
Oh please you can't get anymore establishment than Bannon, he is a ex goldman sachs guy who works for the Mercer family. His big trick is getting the low information RightWing to think he is "anti" establishment and thier guy.

Bannon works for Mercer. Mercer hates worker rights, and it against any reg that might empower his surfs or reduce his profits.

The Mercer family are one of the great evils of our Time, Bannon signed up with his uber elite buddies to put the last few nails in the coffin of working class, and middle class americans.

You guys have been conned hard and long, doubt me? tell me how employment at will has helped you? or tell me why you still don't get real paid vacation or redundancy payments. You guys got conned and you all continue to cheer for the guy wearing the jack boot that is crushing your dreams.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:56 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Oh please you can't get anymore establishment than Bannon, he is a ex goldman sachs guy who works for the Mercer family. His big trick is getting the low information RightWing to think he is "anti" establishment and thier guy.

Bannon works for Mercer. Mercer hates worker rights, and it against any reg that might empower his surfs or reduce his profits.

The Mercer family are one of the great evils of our Time, Bannon signed up with his uber elite buddies to put the last few nails in the coffin of working class, and middle class americans.

You guys have been conned hard and long, doubt me? tell me how employment at will has helped you? or tell me why you still don't get real paid vacation or redundancy payments. You guys got conned and you all continue to cheer for the guy wearing the jack boot that is crushing your dreams.
It totally kills me every time Bannon talks about 'the Elites".

As if he weren't one of them! Goldman Sachs working for the Mercers'.

Who is buying what this carnival barker is selling?

Old 10-16-2017, 06:23 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Just look at his past interviews where he called republicans the dumbest group of voters.
But that is FALSE. Even Snopes, who many conservatives believe is run by liberals, said such: Donald Trump Said Republicans Are the "Dumbest Group of Voters"?

Old 10-16-2017, 06:38 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm not worried at all. The only reason Trump got elected is because the majority of his supporters feel that their power as a white man was taken away from them by rich white men who don't give a crap about them (aka the establishment)
Exactly. He played on fear. He preyed on fear.

I almost feel sorry for his base if they actually believe he cares about them or the country. They are heading for a fall.

He cares only about himself and that will determine how he governs. It's Bannon, the con artist's job to keep the base alive and throw them red meat while Trump acts like he's getting along with congress and can pass legislation. Problem is he can't act because of his thin skin and blows his top every other day, destroying everything.

After Bannon declared war on McConnell at that convention this weekend, Trump and Jared congratulated him on a great job. Then a couple hours later Trump gave that fake press conference trying to convince people that he and McConnell were buds.

Trump/Bannon are con men who work as a team. Those in the base are the marks.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:09 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Exactly. He played on fear. He preyed on fear.

I almost feel sorry for his base if they actually believe he cares about them or the country. They are heading for a fall.

He cares only about himself and that will determine how he governs. It's Bannon, the con artist's job to keep the base alive and throw them red meat while Trump acts like he's getting along with congress and can pass legislation. Problem is he can't act because of his thin skin and blows his top every other day, destroying everything.

After Bannon declared war on McConnell at that convention this weekend, Trump and Jared congratulated him on a great job. Then a couple hours later Trump gave that fake press conference trying to convince people that he and McConnell were buds.

Trump/Bannon are con men who work as a team. Those in the base are the marks.
You have to hand it to the Republicans though. Since the shotgun wedding between the GOP and the Southern Racial Conservatives in the late ‘60’s they have raised the use of the dog whistle to an art form. They’ve always been able to stoke the fears and resentments of the racial conservative base and get them to the polls.

The difference with Trump is that he dropped the code word strategy and was very open about what he represented, and he won, which means we haven’t progressed as a society as much as we had hoped.

https://smile.amazon.com/Dog-Whistle...istle+politics

Old 10-17-2017, 12:56 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
You have to hand it to the Republicans though... they have raised the use of the dog whistle to an art form. They’ve always been able to stoke the fears and resentments of the racial conservative base and get them to the polls.
Psssst, I don't want to embarrass you because you might not get paid by Media Matters, but one reason Trump won was because of Democrats who had voted for Obama. They crossed over and voted Republican this time because the usual Dem dog whistle of 'free stuff' and 'soak the rich' never panned out!

Old 10-18-2017, 06:18 AM

194 posts, read 281,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
You have to hand it to the Republicans though. Since the shotgun wedding between the GOP and the Southern Racial Conservatives in the late ‘60’s they have raised the use of the dog whistle to an art form. They’ve always been able to stoke the fears and resentments of the racial conservative base and get them to the polls.

The difference with Trump is that he dropped the code word strategy and was very open about what he represented, and he won, which means we haven’t progressed as a society as much as we had hoped.

https://smile.amazon.com/Dog-Whistle...istle+politics
You realize how stupid you sound? I highly recommend everyone take a look at her post history. Nearly every post is calling someone racist. That isn't an argument. Also it's 2017 no one cares if they are called racist anymore. Now why don't you tell everyone exactly what your ethnicity is?

Old 10-24-2017, 08:06 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgjdennis View Post
You realize how stupid you sound? I highly recommend everyone take a look at her post history. Nearly every post is calling someone racist. That isn't an argument. Also it's 2017 no one cares if they are called racist anymore. Now why don't you tell everyone exactly what your ethnicity is?
clearly you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections