Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Barrack Obama resign?
Should he resign from his run for the Presidency? 46 46.94%
Should he continue to run for the Presidency? 52 53.06%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:29 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
If George W. Bush doesn't need to resign, NO ONE needs to regisn.
What does that have to do with this? He shouldnt even have been given a second chance. But, since you brought it up, we do not need another problem person in the white house and I believe Obama would be even more of a problem then Bush ever was.
We cannot afford another mistake like the one with Bush, that is my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 11:37 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Seriously, if he makes one more racial remark/gaffe, he needs to end the campaign. It would positively show that he can't speak without offending without using a teleprompter. Hahahahahaha, with all of these dumb remarks about white people he's been making, can you imagine him on a state visit to Great Britain and what he'd say to the Queen?!

Old 03-20-2008, 11:44 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Seriously, if he makes one more racial remark/gaffe, he needs to end the campaign. It would positively show that he can't speak without offending without using a teleprompter. Hahahahahaha, with all of these dumb remarks about white people he's been making, can you imagine him on a state visit to Great Britain and what he'd say to the Queen?!
He wouldn't go to Great Britian, his pastor has taught him that all white are bad. One of our best allies in the world would be gone with this man. Hopefully he wont have the chance.

Problem is we still have peple like Al Sharton and others saying his comments are ok, that we are all taking everything he says out of context and we do not understand. Well, I understand and I understand it is time for him to resign and give back the people who have wasted their money and their vote to someone who is not a racist pig.

I am amazed on how people still defend this man after he lied to us all and got caught.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:32 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
SNL could make a fortune with this election. The democratic party would be the star of the show on SNL. This party has completely coome unglued, divided and outright an embarrassment to us all. I am ashamed of what my former party has become.

Anyway, after todays Obama racist comment himself, I realy believe he should resign.

His granny is now just a "typical white woman". Guess granny didnt kick his butt enough to teach him how to have respect for someone who took you in when they didnt have to.
So let me make sure I get this..... Republicans are now going to start being politically correct??? Or is that more Neo-Con stuff???

I hate it when PC crap is used against ANY politician. We know what Obama meant. It isn't "offensive". Unless, of course, you wish to pull the PC card and apply it to him (sure it would be appropriate to slap it on a Dem golden boy after all of their years of using it, BUT....).

I am choosing to remain consistent in the face of inconsistency. I hate P.C. bullcrap and am going to ignore it no matter WHO it's applied to.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:36 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,697,470 times
Default Out with Obama

I agree 100% like many do that Obama would bring this country down. You think you had it bad with President Bush? Well watch who you vote for if you have Obama in mind. Now with his racist ties i'm staying incredibly far away from Obama. Racist & terrorist ties! Oh great what has this country become. ?The worst part is people are fainting and craying over his lame ( I promise you this & that) speeches? Vote wisely please!

Old 03-21-2008, 08:47 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
I agree 100% like many do that Obama would bring this country down. You think you had it bad with President Bush? Well watch who you vote for if you have Obama in mind. Now with his racist ties i'm staying incredibly far away from Obama. Racist & terrorist ties! Oh great what has this country become. ?The worst part is people are fainting and craying over his lame ( I promise you this & that) speeches? Vote wisely please!
Tell ya what..... You prove to me he's got "terrorist ties" and I won't vote for him.... (Note to you before you begin: Simply associating with someone who might have ties isn't the same thing. Otherwise you could label the entire Bush Administration "terrorists" for stroking the Saudis time after time after time....). No, I want to see a direct tie to Obama. If you cannot produce anything I'll just assume Bill O'Reilly and Rush have another disciple.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:52 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
A lot of you sound just like Obama's white grandmother. Scared of a black man.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:58 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Just because Fox News has gotten much proof, so had ABC, doesn't make Obama be good. Some liberal news channels rather not broadcast to much about it since it makes them look bad for not having reported it in the first place.
It took the NY times 4 days after on tv the rev. Wright comments were show, to put it in their paper. What does that say, nothing more than the NY times wants to save their face because they openly support a liberal.
When does a news paper or magazine tell you they were wrong, never unless they have to by told by a judge to do so and pay money to the insulted party.

Obama is not denying all the realations he has with these terrorists, doesn't that proof enough. If it was any other candidate they would object strongly if they would be connected to a racists or American hater. Obama is agreeing other wise he would have left this church long ago like Ophrah did. Obama better step down before the rest comes out and yesterday I heard the anouncement that more is coming, so just sit and relax and wait it is just the beginning of the end of Obama's presidency carreer.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:59 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
"Seriously"? Obviously you're in the minority. After all that he got Bill Richadson's endorsement.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:04 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Exactly..... Guy's hitting the nail squarely on the freaking head... What astonishes me is that we NEVER have politicians address this kind of thing in such a straight-forward manner.

The guy comes out and says what needs to be said and speaks his mind. I'd rather he come right out with it. Admit that, "yeah, I grew up listening to this guy but it doesn't mean I am hooked on everything he says.".

What, some of you can't relate to that???

Because there is class and no-class.

The guy actually did a great job of verbalizing why white, middle-class America is annoyed with the race-card and ya'll are going to demonize him for it???

I find it refreshing. He gets it. He says it. I don't feel like some eery skeleton in his closet has been discovered here. Forgive him for not offering up to the public everything that might hurt his campaign, but at least when something less-than-positive about himself comes up he throws the closet door open and says, "Okay.... Here's what that's all about.". Meanwhile the Clintonian response would be to either hold the closet door shut for as long as possible, or offer you all some nice tea and cakes down in the kitchen to take your mind off the closet.

That's my take on it.
Many other's too. Tough, courageous, compassionate, and honest. Traits I can't even remember in politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections