Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2008, 05:47 PM

558 posts, read 385,886 times

Advertisements

Has Hillary been successful on focusing all the attention on Obama and race?Since many issues with Hillary have been disputed. Such as her tax returns. Her memos as first lady. Her taking credit for SCHIPS, when she had NO role it getting it passed. Her husband's impeachment? He failed health care plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 06:34 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,747 times
HillBilly has played all her cards

its time for fun beofre the PA primary

Old 03-18-2008, 08:58 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,797,604 times
She has been forced to release her White House papers tomorrow. It could produce some interesting information.

The Associated Press: Clinton's First Lady Papers to Go Public (broken link)

Old 03-18-2008, 09:15 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,015,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnherrera305 View Post
Has Hillary been successful on focusing all the attention on Obama and race?Since many issues with Hillary have been disputed. Such as her tax returns. Her memos as first lady. Her taking credit for SCHIPS, when she had NO role it getting it passed. Her husband's impeachment? He failed health care plan?
1. Hillary didn't raise the race ruckus. Fox News did and ABC News joined in the video extravaganza.

2. Hillary will release her tax returns when they're ready. As with any other American, she has until April 15.

3. I saw an analysis on CNN Sunday about her involvement with SCHIP. All agreed that she was instrumental.

4. Irrelevant.

5. At least she started the process and has that experience from which to learn and improve. The country didn't WANT change and the health companies engaged in fear-mongering. Now, it appears, many are ready.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:53 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
1. Hillary didn't raise the race ruckus. Fox News did and ABC News joined in the video extravaganza.
Incorrect. Fox news reported on race discussions that the Clintons brought up, they did not start it.
Quote:
2. Hillary will release her tax returns when they're ready. As with any other American, she has until April 15.
Agreed, for as much as I'm concerned they really dont have to release them at all. Taxes are private matter and should remain so. No one should be pressured to release them.
Quote:
4. Irrelevant.
Sorry but her memos are very relevant. If she's going to be taking credit for having 8 years of experience and helping broker all of the world peace we have today, then I need more then just her word that she actually took part in something.

Quote:
5. At least she started the process and has that experience from which to learn and improve. The country didn't WANT change and the health companies engaged in fear-mongering. Now, it appears, many are ready.
Health companies engaged in fear mongering? Then explain to me why they have donated more money to Clinton then all other candidates combined. In addition, just because the general public wants more of a handout to solve a problem that the government helped to create, doesnt mean its the right choice.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:11 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,015,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Incorrect. Fox news reported on race discussions that the Clintons brought up, they did not start it.

Agreed, for as much as I'm concerned they really dont have to release them at all. Taxes are private matter and should remain so. No one should be pressured to release them.

Sorry but her memos are very relevant. If she's going to be taking credit for having 8 years of experience and helping broker all of the world peace we have today, then I need more then just her word that she actually took part in something.

Health companies engaged in fear mongering? Then explain to me why they have donated more money to Clinton then all other candidates combined. In addition, just because the general public wants more of a handout to solve a problem that the government helped to create, doesnt mean its the right choice.
No, I'm quite sure that a Fox News program was the one that started playing the Jeremiah Wright tapes and it had nothing to do with the Clinton campaign. Then, ABC News played more of the videos.

Sorry, I should have been clear on what I meant by #4 -- the impeachment. That's irrelevant. As a previous person indicated, the First Lady records are being released so I didn't comment on that.

And, yeah, the health companies went bananas. Remember the fear-mongering commercials featuring the couple worried about socialized medicine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections