Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2017, 03:30 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
So you admit it was a Freudian slip on her part?

A Freudian slip, by definition, reveals one’s true, subconscious feelings.

So she did mean Trump.
Great post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 04:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The claim that former President Obama told illegals to vote is false.
"At a minimum, he seemed to be making it clear to illegal immigrants that they and their families have no reason to be “fearful of voting.”
-- Barack Obama

Old 11-24-2017, 04:47 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Maybe your use of “Freudian slip” was your own Freudian slip?

I had no idea there were so many closeted Trump supporters around here.
Nope, I don't support The Cheeto and neither does natalie

Old 11-25-2017, 09:30 AM

1,018 posts, read 511,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Nope, I don't support The Cheeto and neither does natalie
I don't support Obummer or Hitlery and neither does BobNJ.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:26 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
I don't support Obummer or Hitlery and neither does BobNJ.
correct

Old 11-25-2017, 02:31 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Yet, the liberals smeared him in every possible way, just as they are doing with Trump. You could pick out any anti-Trump diatribe and insert Bush for Trump to find out what the exact same people were saying about President Bush during his Presidency.

The nice thing about Trump is that he actually fights back, unlike Bush.
And yet, if former President Obama had reacted the way President Trump does to every diatribe he received during his time as President, there would be some conservatives who would call former President Obama a "snowflake" or other names for "fighting back" as you mention. All the things you praise in President Trump would get a liberal called a "snowflake".

Old 11-25-2017, 08:52 PM

1,400 posts, read 864,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
One year ago tonight Trump pulled off the most amazing come from behind win since the New England Patriots beat the Atlanta Falcons in the Super Bowl.

Looking back on the most improbable win in politics ever I am still amazed that Donald Trump is our President.
When you think about the premise that an average citizen albeit a rich one, with no political experience at all but with a genuine concern for America could take on 17 career politicians and beat them to the nomination and then beat out the most experienced, most deserving person since George Washington who for many in the media was just going through the motions of the election before her coronation....

Where were you one year ago and how did you feel?

My wife and I were sitting on the couch flipping the TV between Fox and CNN. The look on the faces at the CNN news room was gloomy to say the least. They were actually a good 20 minutes behind Fox in reporting the latest results that were leaning pro Trump.

How did you feel that night, the next day when it was confirmed that Trump had actually pulled off the upset of a lifetime?

I know I was amazed and the future of America suddenly looked a whole lot brighter. I was a bit concerned about all the changes that Trump had proposed in his campaign but even if it hurt I believed that America needed the upheaval. As we have seen the swamp is so much deeper then even Trump had figured.

SO how did you feel this time last year when it was confirmed that Trump had won?
I never, not even for a moment, believed the polls. I was expecting a Trump victory, but wasn't sure what it would look like. When I saw Trump racking up landslide victories in KY, TN, and IN by HUGE margins, I knew that momentum would carry to Ohio and Pennsylvania. The victories in those early red states were expected, but they were also very telling... Trump was outperforming the polls, and by a lot. All the "experts" thought Ohio was going to be tight, but Trump straight up dominated it. Hillary raised and spent a crap ton of cash, but that didn't matter because Trump out worked her. He closed out strong and was doing at least 3 massive rallies a day, literally running circles around Hillary. She was struggling to do even 1 decent rally a day, and her attendance was pathetic. She clearly didn't have the stamina, drive, or work ethic to be POTUS.

It was a beautiful night, even if Hillary was too exhausted, emotional, and dismantled to give a concession speech. Trump rocked the world, but his speech was one of humility. His election was a big fat FU courtesy of the forgotten men and women whose ancestors built this nation, aka the deplorables, to the media and political establishments. It will go down as the biggest upset in American history. That's how I felt, and how I still feel today.

Old 11-26-2017, 12:13 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And yet, if former President Obama had reacted the way President Trump does to every diatribe he received during his time as President, there would be some conservatives who would call former President Obama a "snowflake" or other names for "fighting back" as you mention. All the things you praise in President Trump would get a liberal called a "snowflake".
My post wasn't about Obama the imbecile and racist.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:26 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,729,801 times
If Obama responded the way Trump does, he’d be called a thug. A classless white guy is applauded by the ignorant; those same people would be flexing their muscles in their wifebeaters and stomping around their trailers, shaking in fury if a black man dared having a Twitter tantrum.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:34 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
If Obama responded the way Trump does, he’d be called a thug. A classless white guy is applauded by the ignorant; those same people would be flexing their muscles in their wifebeaters and stomping around their trailers, shaking in fury if a black man dared having a Twitter tantrum.
Obama is half white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections