Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 09:40 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The Party has to lead by their actions and every action, coming from their leadership, demonstrates their hate of America and the American people - you forgot who voted you into office.Today's Republican leadership has no resemblance of the old Party. Show us one Republican, willing to cross Party lines, willing to vote for policies that are good for America. Show us a Republican that is working to unite us instead of dividing us!

My point isnt to mock you here, it is to show you the flaw in your argument, both sides think the same of each other.

There are people on both sides who switch over and vote, but that isnt the sign of loving/helping america or even that the policy is good. Every single one of those votes is a personal opinion and there are people on both sides who say the same statement you just posted and 100% believe it.

Did you watch any of President Trump's rally yesterday? He could not brag enough about American workers. Turn to the liberal stations and all day long it is about the poor separated illegal children. It's our Country; not theirs. Legal citizens of our Country are supposed to be the only ones voting; so why are the Democrats not representing us? They spend more time worrying about the rest of the world than they do on our little corner. Voters basically hire these clowns to represent us; so why are they turning their backs on us the minuet they take office.

Yes; I admit there are plenty Republicans that like cheap labor and at the same time; love bedroom politics or the politics of religion. Trump is now the leader of the Party; even though some disagree. So far some of those issues have not taken center stage.

As far as uniting our County; eight years of President Obama and we are more divided than anytime in the last few decades. I know the our world was not perfect and there was room for plenty of change. Black unemployment was higher under Obama than it is under Trump. That means that the Black community has a greater chance to achieve success. Of course not everyone will; but a paycheck is a paycheck and it does empower individuals. Besides that; almost every corporation has signs all over the place that they will not discriminate. Many corporations will give minorities a little edge at getting a promotion over Whites (of course not in all cases). But they want to put their best foot forward and they do not want our Federal Government breathing down their necks.

As far as your point about either Party not quick to break ranks: When did that happen? How long has America operated that way? My feeling is that it is worse now than it has been in the past; but I don't know and have not researched the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 10:01 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Actually no, retail jobs. One of my cousins couldn't get a job at a Ralph's down there cause he didn't speak Spanish. Yet, this is an English Speaking country.
So your cousin didn't meet a job requirement. In a service industry, you need to be able to provide service to customers and part of that service is effectively communicating with customers.

If your cousin is as close-minded as you are, he likely doesn't want to work in an industry where he has to provide service to people that speak a different language anyway. Everyone wins.

And before you say "English is the official language" - stop. It isn't.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:04 PM

312 posts, read 268,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Every single one of your choices for 2016, except Trump, had the same view on immigration. It did not matter if they were Democrat or Republican. I had only one choice.

Nikki Haley is not currently listed because of her position as ambassador. But Sherrod Brown is listed for his current positions on this web site: https://www.numbersusa.com/content/m...A/Grade/Active. Liberal politicians cannot stop goose-stepping behind their leader. A vote for Sherrod is a vote for Pelosi or Chucky; they are the same peas in a pod. Check out your Democratic Tennessee Representatives on that website and look at their stance on immigration. You can get detailed information on what laws they voted for or against.

I like Nikki as an ambassador and I think that she is being groomed for a run at the top spot. But she is fairly liberal on immigration and I am not crazy about that. Perhaps she will change her mind?

I still think that Ivanka is in first place when it comes to being groomed for the top. She is managing her appearances, what gets into the press, and she is dressing the part. Of course her father will probably still run in 2020; but keep a close eye on how Ivanka is preparing.
Ivanka is not going to run for office, and Republicans won't support her.

There is a reason why we, the voters, rejected Clinton and Bush in 2016. This is not Europe or Canada. We don't like political dynasties.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post

There is a reason why we, the voters, rejected Clinton and Bush in 2016. This is not Europe or Canada. We don't like political dynasties.

It might not be if he father would bow out for 2020. But I don't know; I am simply looking at what I consider 'grooming'. She is making the right moves for a run in 2020 or 2024.

I look at the left and I see chickens with their heads cut off. They are all preaching the same message and running until their legs stop moving. Their lips stopped moving when they lost their heads (possibly their minds)! It is unfathomable to me that we pay them to represent everybody except us. This thread has had 162 responses and we have not heard of one great Democratic candidate or what they would stand for.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:43 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I think we all know. But if I try to type it out it will just show up as **** Trump!

Not exactly inspiring is it?

Old 06-23-2018, 05:35 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Did you watch any of President Trump's rally yesterday? He could not brag enough about American workers. Turn to the liberal stations and all day long it is about the poor separated illegal children. It's our Country; not theirs. Legal citizens of our Country are supposed to be the only ones voting; so why are the Democrats not representing us? They spend more time worrying about the rest of the world than they do on our little corner. Voters basically hire these clowns to represent us; so why are they turning their backs on us the minuet they take office.

Yes; I admit there are plenty Republicans that like cheap labor and at the same time; love bedroom politics or the politics of religion. Trump is now the leader of the Party; even though some disagree. So far some of those issues have not taken center stage.
You are destroying your own argument by making this left vs right(president Trump does the same). How exactly does that unite us ??? How do you not see that as division. Its the exact same thing you accuse obama of doing, but im guessing since you believe you are right, it doesnt count. Or is it because you view this as politics, and what he did as "race" ????

By the way, you understand that large voting blocks of the Republican Party support the same immigration views as Democrats do right ?

You talk about liberal stations, but we have Republican immigration bills pass the House with 100+ Democrats supporting them(325 yea votes in total) and then die in the senate or vice versa with Democratic senate bills getting 20+ republican votes(77 yea votes total) and dying in the House.

Quote:
As far as uniting our County; eight years of President Obama and we are more divided than anytime in the last few decades. I know the our world was not perfect and there was room for plenty of change. Black unemployment was higher under Obama than it is under Trump. That means that the Black community has a greater chance to achieve success. Of course not everyone will; but a paycheck is a paycheck and it does empower individuals. Besides that; almost every corporation has signs all over the place that they will not discriminate. Many corporations will give minorities a little edge at getting a promotion over Whites (of course not in all cases). But they want to put their best foot forward and they do not want our Federal Government breathing down their necks.
Black unemployment was 13.7 when Barack Obama took office, it was 8.7 when he left. Im not sure what you are trying to argue by saying it has continued to go down under Trump other than the same flawed argument that he used which was that "all the numbers were fake".

As for discrimination laws, Trump has nothing to do with those, not sure why you brought it up as if they were his ideas or as if Republicans created them.

Most anti discrimination laws have been in place since the 1990's, LGBT laws coming into place in the 2000's

Quote:
As far as your point about either Party not quick to break ranks: When did that happen? How long has America operated that way? My feeling is that it is worse now than it has been in the past; but I don't know and have not researched the subject.
My point was that breaking with your party doesnt make you a "great american" or anything else. It just means you have a difference of opinion on that particular subject.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:24 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times
Quote:
I am not saying Ivanka because of a crush on the lady. I am saying that because of the battles that she chooses; she is being prepared. Of course it might not be for the Presidency? But when you look at her exposure to the public; her battles are carefully chosen and almost every picture is 'picture perfect' of a woman in charge and a leader. She is avoiding public displays of political bickering; she does not roll up her sleeves. I believe her message would lean more to the left than her father.

Nikki is getting good press with the UN; it is just she is not getting the same exposure.

Anything can happen between now and 2020 and I wished that we could have new polls on CD because the players have changed.

I am not obsessed with immigration. I just want our lawmakers to follow our laws and protect our borders. And I do think we can do better.
You say that, yet per your posts, immigration seems to be the top subject. Such as:

"Every single one of your choices for 2016, except Trump, had the same view on immigration. It did not matter if they were Democrat or Republican. I had only one choice."

Old 06-23-2018, 10:58 AM

824 posts, read 1,177,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post

and they will reject democrats again in 2020.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
You say that, yet per your posts, immigration seems to be the top subject. Such as:

"Every single one of your choices for 2016, except Trump, had the same view on immigration. It did not matter if they were Democrat or Republican. I had only one choice."

It is one of my top subjects only because it is so easy to fix our problems through compromise. All of your leadership and my leadership simply have to lock themselves in a room until they can make a law to fix the mess they created. It is long overdue for this to dominate the news; we should come to an agreement and put it all behind us.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
It is one of my top subjects only because it is so easy to fix our problems through compromise. All of your leadership and my leadership simply have to lock themselves in a room until they can make a law to fix the mess they created. It is long overdue for this to dominate the news; we should come to an agreement and put it all behind us.
Why can't the administration simply enforce the laws on the books? Start enforcing the employment laws and the problem starts to go away.

(And that means charging those who employ illegals)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections