Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 07:54 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Any true American would be appalled by our president now. A president never disrespects anyone who does not agree with him. Trump makes it all about himself and not our country.
I'm a true American and I am not appalled by our president.

Democrats have hung their hat on the Hispanic and women vote.

The meme is that Republicans hate Hispanics and conservatives are racist. That used to work (just like it used to work with blacks). The problem with that meme is that the mood of the country (which Democrats are lousy at reading) has changed. In large part it has changed because of the conversation that TRUMP started back during the campaign, and there is increased awareness re: 1. illegals impact on wages and low paying job opportunities 2. gang violence 3. stress placed on the social safety net-education-health care-criminal justice systems 4. the unfairness as it relates to those waiting in line through the legal immigration system

The meme is that Republicans hate women and conservatives are sexist. There are all kinds of things wrong with that meme and again Democrats have overplayed their hand. Of course there is sexism in this country (just as there is racism in this country) but the accusations have been thrown out so easily and cheaply (for so many years) and for such obviously agenda-driven reasons , that both of those words are beginning to lose their impact. Far too many people who are NOT racists or sexists are accused daily of these things. It does a grave disservice to those individuals who truly ARE impacted by racism and sexism.

The other problem with the "conservatives are misogynists" BS is that MANY of those women that Democrats so badly need to court are 1. embarrassed by the vagina costumes and pu$$y hats and really really ugly crap being said in the name of "empowering women". 2. many women have husbands, sons, brothers, fathers. Men haters disrespect every man that every woman loves in their lives 3. white women are beginning to be disrespected ("White women need to step up - women of color cannot save the country by themselves".........) and their white men are disrespected (white male privilege).

I want strong political parties in this country. I don't think that it's in the best interest of the nation to have only one strong political party and the GOP is the only viable party right now. I keep hoping that Democrats will smarten up and figure out a way to find middle ground again but I see no evidence of that yet. All I see are liberals with hate in their eyes and hate in their hearts. THAT'S not a winning strategy either.

Last edited by juneaubound; 02-01-2018 at 08:14 AM..

Old 02-01-2018, 12:39 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Most of the people going to vote for dems are the 1.8 million DACA recipients potentially gaining citizenship.
Of course they wouldn't be able to vote until 2028 at the earliest....but don't let actual facts get in your way of a your crazy logic.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:41 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
I live in a Texas and I am seeing TV commercials that feature unknown new progressive candidates in US rep races. There is a highly intelligent, talented Dem campaigner named Beto O’Rourke who looking to unseat the despicable Ted Cruz from the US Senate.
I'd love to see that happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections