Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 10:31 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times

Advertisements

this topic is a joke.....Kasich is in the same mold like W Bush and Jeb Bush....no way that is coming back in 2020.

Kasich is like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Not too popular outside of their state with the party.

He is for open borders, expanding NAFTA and for TPP and continuing the same neocon foreign policies of endless and endless occupations. He is for common core like the Bushes.

The Republican party doesn't want him and either does democrats since he is pro-life and no way in hell Democrats will support a pro-life Republican on anything even if he is a RINO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 10:34 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I wish I had known more about him during this past election. He seems like a decent, intelligent man.
Not even remotely in the same time zone as "decent." He's as much of a monster as any of them; he's just a lot slicker at hiding it by making himself seem moderate in comparison to shameless sociopaths like Ryan, McConnell, and the Trump creature.

Kasich is a union-busting, anti-environment, anti-public education, big-tax-cuts-for-the-rich-higher-taxes-for-the-poor, anti-regulation, anti-abortion, vote-supressing homophobe. A competent Democratic candidate should be able to shred his moderate facade.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:26 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Kasich is another Mitt Romney but less good looking and kinda "goofy",...he talks like the annoying version of Jimmy Stewart ....any decent Democrat would expose him and beat him.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:47 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ections-422337

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WOb...ature=youtu.be

looks like he's gearing up for a political reveloution by uniting the center under his banner of goodness and polite behavior.

Will he sweep it all? smack Kamala from the right and Trump from the left. People are tired of DC, can Kasich usher in an era of peace and prosperity not seen since the Tang dynasty?
He looked decent even in the last election. But the last presidency was decided by who had big mouth ( A first for USA though).

Old 04-02-2018, 02:57 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,121,936 times
I am a Kasich guy. He is the most qualified man in any room he walks into. He was my choice.

He has no chance of being president whatsoever.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:27 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I agree; his voting record on immigration rivals Hillary's, Senator Kamala D. Harris or Governor Jerry Brown. He is a closet open border's Democrat!
Immigration is the defining issue for me. Any candidate that doesn't secure the border and make it tough for illegals to be here will not get my vote.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:42 AM

10,767 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He's got the results in Ohio to run on, especially in regards to creating jobs and balancing the budget. Trump's act is wearing thin and his ridiculous and absurd claims are going to be a cause for concern for half of today's Trump supporters. The other half of Trump supporters would continue to support him if he said his name was Ragnar and he was born on the planet Kolob.
Its impossible to beat Trump in an election of any kind once Kim bends over in May (and Kim is already begging China for help).
Trump will be remembered as the symbol of world peace.
The world will take back ownership of America if Kasich becomes President.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:32 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Its impossible to beat Trump in an election of any kind once Kim bends over in May (and Kim is already begging China for help).
Trump will be remembered as the symbol of world peace.
The world will take back ownership of America if Kasich becomes President.
I love alt-right fanfiction. It's always absurd and over the top ridiculous, but amusing nonetheless. Well done, magaalot! This is comedy gold.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Will Kasich sweep it all in 2020

Well...

No

Old 04-02-2018, 07:57 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
I've stated since Trump's election that I think Kasich will primary him and I honestly do believe if there is a primary between only Kasich and Trump that Kasich can beat him.

I live in Ohio and don't like everything about Kasich but have voted for him in our last gubernatorial election. Interestingly the main thing I dislike about him is his stance on abortion (he is VERY anti-abortion). Me being an independent and knowing what issues are of importance to both liberals and conservatives, I know that conservatives will love this about him.

I've never considered Kasich to be a "moster" as someone mentioned above. However, I do think he has come into more of a polished public leader in that he understands that it is better to not be combative and polarizing if you want to get anything done in government. He used to be more dog headed on certain issues but is not anymore and that has been what has gotten him more support in our state.

If he runs in a GOP primary, I would definitely vote for him. He is a sane, calm, competent leader and I would trust him to actually govern well versus Trump. The fact that he'd fill all his positions in a regular amount of time with qualified peopled and not fire someone every month is reason enough to vote for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections