Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 09:41 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Ruben Report is awesome! Anyone who feels that the current liberal movement is unsustainable will be very interested in the show. Please note Ruben is a liberal and a homosexual, sometimes people think he is some alt right, Nazi, who hates gay people when they first listen to him lol. That last sentence there is what makes him so interesting.

I listened to that show and I admit Kasich did come off as a real person who sincerely cares about the country and wants to unite it. But as others have mentioned, he is just too plain jane and boring. I think right now that is almost a negative to either party.
He’s just another right wing corporatist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 11:08 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
He’s just another right wing corporatist.
Not to mention a christian fundamentalist religious lutanic.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:32 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Black people aren’t going to vote Republican in any significant numbers with Trumpism ruling the party.
That is my point. If there are those so concerned that more Blacks aren't voting Republican, they need to consider that Trump is not helping at all.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Not to mention a christian fundamentalist religious lutanic.
What does someone's religion have to do with this post? And what makes you think anyone would take someone seriously when they call Christians lunatics?

Old 04-20-2018, 04:13 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Our family felt the same, especially hubby and me. Glad we saw his colors before it was too late. I just think he changed his views on a lot of issues. certainly never saw his left side until he actually decided to run.
Not sure what prompted the change .... I thought he would get tough on illegals, then he announced he push for amnesty within 100 days of him being inaugurated.

Old 04-20-2018, 04:22 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I will not vote for Kasich because of this:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...rome-diagnosis

It is just stupid thinking that abortions can be performed for almost any other reason, but not because someone chooses not to bear a child that has a much better than average chance of requiring special education classes and lifelong care, and a 40% chance of being born with congenital heart disease.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_syndrome

(And, no, I am not saying that all fetuses with Down syndrome should be aborted, but I do think that parents should have that choice.)

Old 04-20-2018, 04:45 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
I listened to him being interviewed recently by some guy I've never heard of who has an in-home studio. Kasich seemed nervous. He grew up as a Democrat. He said one of his uncles was a Republican, but "nobody paid any attention to him." He said he didn't know any other Republicans growing up. His views are all over the place, but he did say he was "fiscally conservative," which means socially, he's not.

Old 04-20-2018, 04:53 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I listened to him being interviewed recently by some guy I've never heard of who has an in-home studio. Kasich seemed nervous. He grew up as a Democrat. He said one of his uncles was a Republican, but "nobody paid any attention to him." He said he didn't know any other Republicans growing up. His views are all over the place, but he did say he was "fiscally conservative," which means socially, he's not.

well he is all over the place....he is for open borders, amnesty, for Nafta and TPP...he is for the neo-con foreign policy, for common core.....he is another Hillary, Obama, and the Bushes.

the only difference between him and the Democrats is that he is pro-life.

He is just another W and Jeb Bush, your typical establishment Republican. They act nice in front of the cameras and are very polite but their real agenda hurts the country.

Old 04-20-2018, 05:14 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That is my point. If there are those so concerned that more Blacks aren't voting Republican, they need to consider that Trump is not helping at all.

Blacks have been voting Democrat since LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act in 1964 which they should of have in the 50's and LBJ and the Democrats rejected and made blacks believe he was their savior with the Great Society big welfare state.

Reagan only got 9% of the black vote in 1984. It went down 5% from 1980 when he got 14%

Bush SR. GOT 11% of the black vote in 1988. In 1992 he got 10%

Dole got 12% in 1996

W Bush got 9% in 2000 and 11% in 2004

Mccain got 4% in 2008.

Romney got 6% in 2012.

Trump got 8%.

it has nothing to do with Trump. Democrats convinced the blacks that more of a welfare state and a bigger federal government is best for them and they have been voting Democrat by 85%+ for decades.

Democrats have done a good job of convincing blacks that their big welfare state has been good for them when it hasn't. There is nothing Republicans can do about that unless they want to sound like Democrats and compete with them in offering more stuff and paint them as victims and that the system is racist and is to blame and they can fix it with more welfare.

I'm sure Kasich can double the black vote sounding like a RINO but he would lose a lot of white conservatives for being a sellout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections