Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 09:55 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I thought you lived in Hawaii....
She did. I recall her posting of moving from Hawaii to Arizona, I believe in late 2017.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 12:48 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Very encouraging to see such numbers coming out of Arizona. And even more encouraging to see that support for Joe Arpaio is collapsing. It seems Arizona as a whole isn't quite as stupid as Maricopa County.

While that insight could be accurate--how much of that polling results has to do with advertising--
I read that Arpaio is losing funding and can't really compete--
Don't know if that is accurate
I am in TX--not seeing ads--
Anyone know if any Cambridge Analytica clones are running anyone's campaign?

PS==saw headline but didn't get to follow story---was on my phone at lunch--about the GOP legislature trying to modify legislation re vote to replace McCain when he passes away
Any local info on that issue?

Old 04-20-2018, 02:07 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think it is more local at least in the general. Sinema is a very popular moderate with a great back story. She is a big supporter of vets and has been running ads already - very upbeat and positive. Ward is popular with the hard core outside of the cities and Arpaio is yesterday's news. McSally is the one to watch. If Arpaio pulls out, then Ward will win the GOP primary. Prediction: Sinema.
I have noticed that most of my right wing nut friends have been avoiding talking about the Cheeto. Before, it was like a daily compulsion to praise that idiot. Now, it’s all crickets.

Sinema’s ads are upbeat, positive and refreshing.

Arpaio has always looked like he’s constipated. You’re right about him.

Kelli Ward is a snake.

Do you think the Mormons will listen to Jeff Flake?

Old 04-20-2018, 02:21 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"49% of voters view Trump very unfavorably as opposed to 30% very favorably.'

When you "poll" LESS repubs then dems and inds, do you expect any different "result"?

i sure don't.

Which is why the polls were so badly off on the last election and Trump WON when most of the polls showed hillary wining BIG.
Please read OP again. Poll was designed to reflect the registered electorate in AZ meaning MORE republicans were polled.

Bear in mind Trump won Arizona by approximately 91,000 votes. The Libertarian, independent, green, etc votes totaled about 185,000. That’s a lot of people who voted against HRC and Trump. I’m one of those.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:43 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
... there is a good chance McCains seat could also be up this election cycle.
The AZ State Republican legislature is rushing to change the AZ state law. Right now the law says that McCain's seat would be decided in the November election if he becomes too ill and resigns. In the past 3 days, the AZ GOP has been rushing to change the law. Their plan is to allow the GOP run state legislature to appoint McCain's replacement AND remove the ability of the voters to choose. The appointment would last several YEARS. Essentially, they are wanting to suppress the vote because they want to prevent a Democrat from being voted into office. By allowing the GOP to appoint a replacement, it guarantees a Republican would hold the seat for the next couple years.

Old 04-20-2018, 05:37 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
The AZ State Republican legislature is rushing to change the AZ state law. Right now the law says that McCain's seat would be decided in the November election if he becomes too ill and resigns. In the past 3 days, the AZ GOP has been rushing to change the law. Their plan is to allow the GOP run state legislature to appoint McCain's replacement AND remove the ability of the voters to choose. The appointment would last several YEARS. Essentially, they are wanting to suppress the vote because they want to prevent a Democrat from being voted into office. By allowing the GOP to appoint a replacement, it guarantees a Republican would hold the seat for the next couple years.
As has been the case in recent years, the GOP is afraid of the voting public and will go to extraordinary lengths to keep Americans from the polls.

Echoes of Wisconsin.

Old 04-20-2018, 05:49 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,610,204 times
Quote:
Scary to even think about this.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:41 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
I doubt McCain will ever resign. He will die in office before he ever quits.

I sure wouldn't count on him passing before the November elections, either. He's sick, but he's also about as physically tough and resilient as it gets. He'll likely still be around by the time his term ends.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:34 AM

59,082 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Republicans are about 1/3 of the voters. They are not a majority. Your logic is severely flawed. The poll weighting was actually rather favorable for Republicans. It was based on election turnout. Trump is not that popular in AZ. He won by a mere 3%, taking Maricopa County (Phoenix metro) by only 40K out of 2 million votes.
"Republicans are about 1/3 of the voters. ."They are not a majority. Your logic is severely flawed."

YOU reading comprehension is FLAWED.

I NEVER claimed that the repub "are the majority" of registered voters.

BUT who hold MOST Governorship's?

Who holds MORE state legislatures"

Who has the majority in the U.S. Senate?

Who has the majority in the House of Representative?

Who is in the White House?

Results from the last election. Do I have to tell you which party is red?

How can this be if the repubs are so low in the "majority" category?

Things like this is why I do NOT TRUST ANY POLL.

I look at the methodology, the weighing an who paid for it.

Plus, look at the SMALL number of people who participated in this "poll".

One would think that after the debacle of the polls in the last electron that NOBODY with any sense would trust them again.

But hey, if you want to keep believing in them, go for it!

Old 04-21-2018, 06:36 AM

59,082 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I have noticed that most of my right wing nut friends have been avoiding talking about the Cheeto. Before, it was like a daily compulsion to praise that idiot. Now, it’s all crickets.

Sinema’s ads are upbeat, positive and refreshing.

Arpaio has always looked like he’s constipated. You’re right about him.

Kelli Ward is a snake.

Do you think the Mormons will listen to Jeff Flake?
"I have noticed that most of my right wing nut friends have been avoiding talking about the Cheeto."

They have been talking with ADULTS!

And you wonder why they DON'T talk to YOU. DUH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections