Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 10:15 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Do you have something against Canada? You do realize, don't you, that Senator Ted Cruz is an U.S. citizen by birth, not a Canadian? Canada does recognize "dual citizenship," however Ted Cruz renounced his Canadian citizenship. He was raised in Houston, TX, so he has been a Houstonian for most all of his life. He is a graduate of both Princeton U. and Harvard Law School, so he is no dummy.

I'm not sure where your animus for him stems from, but it seems it may be rooted in nothing more than bigotry.
This, coming from a birther. What unbelievable hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 10:35 AM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Clearly the democrats are going to pick up some seats in 2018, it remains to be seen how many though.

I think they'll retake the house but not the senate but there is still plenty of time for things to change.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:37 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
given efforts in korea, there might be news that bodes well for republicans in november, especially if they can hammer out a peace treaty there to officially end the korean war.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:49 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
given efforts in korea, there might be news that bodes well for republicans in november, especially if they can hammer out a peace treaty there to officially end the korean war.

Since Trump has the attention span of a goldfish, wonder who in his 'WARMONGERING' Administration could possibly put together and offer a sensible peace treaty......now that would be something to see, LOL, LOL,LOL!

Old 04-27-2018, 11:12 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Republicans desperately dumped a ton of money into the Arizona race, and the seat still swung 32 points toward Democrats.
Republicans won this battle. But the numbers make very clear that they are losing the war.
https://shareblue.com/gop-1-million-...onal-district/

Looks like a "BLUE WAVE" to me, here's even more good news~Dems flip New York state seat that Republicans have held for nearly four decades
Democrats in New York flipped a New York Assembly seat on Tuesday, winning a seat that has been in GOP hands for nearly four decades.
Democrat Steve Stern, a former Suffolk County legislator, beat out Janet Smitelli (R) for AD-10, a Long Island seat, with 59 percent of the vote, according to Daily Kos.
Dems flip New York state seat that Republicans have held for nearly four decades
But we did win, and we won in a US district.

Dems flipped a state seat.
You should throw a party.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:42 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That's okay, the Democrats are flat broke. They have no money.

This area has been invaded by thousands of "refugees" and MS-13 gang members, and according to a friend of mine, hardly anyone speaks English where she shops. It's not a surprise, given that migrants flooding an area are able to change the "landscape." That's why the Democrats want illegals to vote, and why they want open borders. It's the only way they can win.
Gang members dont vote
Voters are what threaten the future of the GOP

Old 04-27-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Lot of hope in that concept
And wont make the tax bill effects go away

Old 04-27-2018, 09:36 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
everyone keeps talking about this blue wave thats coming, and it might, we shall see. but in the generic ballot, the gap has closed substantially in the past year, from 15 points down to four points.

and with special elections, voters tend to not turn out as they do with general elections, even mid term elections, so i dont consider special election results to be indicative of what will happen in the general election.

so my advice would be to wait and see how energized republican voters are in november compared to democrat voters.

It won't matter. Independents decide the election. And why would republicans be energized.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:39 PM

My advice would be to become the change you want to accomplish
Vote, register eligible people to vote, offer to drive people to the polls if they need help, encourage those with transportation or work issues to vote via mail, support Democartic candidates, contribute money or time---
But VOTE--don't way to see what happens...

Old 04-27-2018, 10:24 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

It won't matter. Independents decide the election. And why would republicans be energized.
A good question, I think.

Last time it was Hillary who energized the Republicans. I remember John Kerry did the same thing.
Obama, of course energized the Democrats.
Clinton didn't energize anyone. He never got 50% of the vote.

So I guess the answer depends on who the Democrats run. I expect the Democrat field to be pretty packed, but I also expect the candidates will push each other farther and farther left as they all try to distance themselves from Trump.
In the end they will be too far left and Trump will win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections