Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump or Kerry?
The Swift Boater, John Kerry 77 44.77%
The Draft Dodger, Donald Trump 95 55.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 01:32 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Let's be honest. The Democratic nomination process will be a clown car full of left wing miscreants all trying to get the most attention. Which one will actually get the nomination is completely unknown at this point.
You may be right. But I expect the Dems to nominate a moderate like Tim Kaine. I don't think him having been Hilary's VP running mate will hurt him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 02:47 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
Not likely. After the Hildabeast debacle, the far left wing insurgents are looking to take over the party, and are succeeding. They changed their voting to deprecate the role of the superdelegates. Given that its usually the ideological di hards that mostly vote in the primaries, we're likely to see a loonier leftier Dem nominee than normal next time around. I don't expect any moderation from the Democrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
You may be right. But I expect the Dems to nominate a moderate like Tim Kaine. I don't think him having been Hilary's VP running mate will hurt him.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:51 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Yes, Kerry over Trump any day as a Native New York woman who was "privileged" to have met THE DONALD in our youth. However, I would prefer someone a lot YOUNGER in the Democratic Party as a candidate

Old 10-05-2018, 03:09 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
With the recent speculation about John Kerry possibly running again in 2020, who would you vote for should Mr. Kerry emerge as the Democratic nominee against Donald Trump?

As always, I vote for more booze.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:13 PM

8,047 posts, read 10,638,176 times
I actually worked on the John Kerry 2004 campaign. I was devastated when he lost. I absolutely abhorred and loathed George W. Bush and the Republicans claim on being the "moral values" political party. Funny how the Democrats now try to make that same claim.

This time around? I changed my "D" to an "R" TODAY as a matter of fact, at our local Board of Elections office. The Democrats, and especially their behavior during this Kavanaugh confirmation, no longer represent me.

My support will go to Donald Trump in 2020, absolutely. Kerry or not.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:16 PM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
No, what will hurt him is he is a slimy weasel. He sold out his values (raised Catholic) to join the Democrats. He lost the VP debates by a mile and wasn't compelling AT ALL.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:30 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
No, what will hurt him is he is a slimy weasel. He sold out his values (raised Catholic) to join the Democrats. He lost the VP debates by a mile and wasn't compelling AT ALL.
Kaine was governor of my state for a term. He did okay. At least he didn't tank our bond rating (AAA). He's now in a re-election race for Senate against a slimy piece of crap named Corey Stewart, a rightwing nut job and Trump wannabe. Kaine will get my vote. And if he ends up as the Democratic nominee in 2020 he'll get my vote. And I haven't voted for a Democrat since 1976.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:51 AM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
[Kaine] sold out his values (raised Catholic) to join the Democrats.
Many, many Catholics are Democrats. Are you suggesting they are sellouts?

How do you feel about John F. Kennedy? He is the only Catholic who has ever been elected to the presidency, and he was a staunch Democrat, just like the rest of his family, and just like Tim Kaine.

According to the Pew Research Center, 44% of Catholics lean Democrat, 37% lean Republican, and 19% lean "other", so Tim Kaine has a lot of Catholic company.

http://assets.pewresearch.org/wp-con...ion_640px1.png

Old 10-06-2018, 03:03 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
. The Democrats, and especially their behavior during this Kavanaugh confirmation, no longer represent me.
Kavanaugh isn't fit to be a little League umpire, let alone a scotus justice with Temperament and hyper partisanship like that. Not to mention lying under oath.

Voting dem down the ticket and that's just another reason why
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections