Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 04:04 PM

607 posts, read 923,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I could never understand why Romney was so hated. He is a governor and used to running a State. He is succesful in the Financial market and he wanted to stop the immigration. He walked talked and looked like the next President. People will say he is untrustworthy. Looking at the other three candidates i cannot see how they have ANY background in running the USA.
Say what you will about HRC and BHO, but at least they don't have blatant flip-flops on issues for the world to see, most namely, in Romney's case, abortion and gay marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 04:14 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:
Looking at the American Elections from the outside, i cannot understand with the vast pool of good, honest potential candidates in the USA, that it has come down to three hopefulls that are all sadly unequipped to lead the country.
You must be looking from far outside as I am unaware of a "vast" pool of honest potential candidates. We do have a few however but honesty is about as desirable in politics as herpes outbreak. In America we do not award office to the most qualified candidates, we offer the office to those who give the most convincing speeches, those who make the people feel good, or who repeat most often that which the people wish to hear.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:05 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
When you say Romney flip flops. Do you mean like hillary with her war voting record or the way she wants driving licences for imigrants then she doesn't. Or maybe the fact she WAS under fire in Bosnia then she wasn't. The list goes on and on.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:15 PM

Which of the three candidates is mo? which one is Curly and who is Larry?

Old 04-05-2008, 08:56 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
If you look at candidates around the world in elections thoise in this country come off looking good. But remamber that we tend to be very hard on candidates and evryhting from their morals to their assocaiations are investigated. I really doubt that many froeign leaders could stand the scrutiny that are given candiadtes here any better. many foreigners in fact look for entirely different things i a leader than the american people.If the governmant in the UK was shiofted to the US peole wpould be up in arms because they would not accept the big brother type government. They also would not accept the huge tax burden;making goverbmant the decider in so many things in their life.I sometimes thinbk peo[ple fail to realise the vast difference in people i the USA and many foreign countries both from our differnces in histories and roles in the world.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:42 AM

607 posts, read 923,085 times
Quote:
It is so amazing. When Clinton left the whitehouse, the country was in recession. Now Bush is leaving it is going into recession. Are the qualifications of being President leading the country into recession?
Or maybe the end of a Presidential term creates a recession because everyone becomes so intrigued by the political process that they stop frivolously spending money they don't have?

Old 04-05-2008, 11:46 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,030,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post
You really don't know hot til you live in Vegas. I know, I know, but it's a dry heat. Tell that to me when it is 120 degrees outside. As for global warming I think we are in a cycle that will be around a while then that cycle will change and it will be cooler than normal. Last year I thought was one of the best summers in Las Vegas.
When it's cooler outside than it's supposed to be, the Earth freaks stop talking about "global warming" and start calling it "climate change". And of course, we are still at fault with our carbon output. What gives with these idiots?

Old 04-05-2008, 01:50 PM

893 posts, read 791,533 times
Quote:
Looking at the American Elections from the outside, i cannot understand with the vast pool of good, honest potential candidates in the USA, that it has come down to three hopefulls that are all sadly unequipped to lead the country. I can see the poor American Citizens trying desperately to find reasons to vote for any of the candidates. I know that party alliegance will play a big part, but don't you wish that you could scrap this campaign and start again?
I agree with you 100%. At this point I want Mitt back and I didn't want him before. Nobody is ever 100% ready for a job, two definitely aren't ready and the third is questionable. What do ya do? Wish I could pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:55 PM

893 posts, read 791,533 times
Quote:
I could never understand why Romney was so hated. He is a governor and used to running a State. He is succesful in the Financial market and he wanted to stop the immigration. He walked talked and looked like the next President. People will say he is untrustworthy. Looking at the other three candidates i cannot see how they have ANY background in running the USA.
His Mormonism doesn't look so bad next to Obamas Preacher.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:48 PM

I agree with you. Mitt reallt was the only one who probably could have turned America around and fought the recession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections