Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 12:58 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times

Advertisements

I think I have found the ad that best fits the Democratic message for the mid-term elections.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 01:07 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Whatever. I see only two Democratic themes in our local elections - health and education. It's hilarious watching all the Pubs falling over themselves to embrace "pre-existing conditions". It seems like yesterday when all they could talk about was Obamacare and how they were going to get rid of it. Now, they love it (or at least the main parts of it).

Same with education. A couple years ago they were passing out tax breaks to the rich and gutting education to pay for it. Fast forward two years and they all want you to believe that education is a top goal.

Maybe the GOP is out of sync with what the voters really hold important.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:18 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
California is second only to NY with teacher salaries averaging $79K yet schools consistently rank at the bottom of the list of state schools. As California Dem legislators say, "Thank God for Mississippi."

Old 10-25-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Whatever. I see only two Democratic themes in our local elections - health and education. It's hilarious watching all the Pubs falling over themselves to embrace "pre-existing conditions". It seems like yesterday when all they could talk about was Obamacare and how they were going to get rid of it. Now, they love it (or at least the main parts of it).

Same with education. A couple years ago they were passing out tax breaks to the rich and gutting education to pay for it. Fast forward two years and they all want you to believe that education is a top goal.

Maybe the GOP is out of sync with what the voters really hold important.
That's likely what you are hearing for the last two weeks since Kavanaugh ended.

For the two years prior, the ad in the OP accurately represents what Democrats have done. That's the message... that's the body of work put forth.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:34 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
The House passed their health care bill and it's been waiting in the Senate. AHCA. These bills always get tweaked. Trump won't sign it if there isn't a provision for pre-existing conditions. It is a campaign promise. If you don't watch censored opposition media you'd know that Trump has a habit of keeping his campaign promises, much to the consternation of the Left.

Just heard this on the radio! Trump just announced a plan to lower drug costs for Medicare. As a businessman, Trump doesn't like wasting money.

There is already an order for pharmacists and doctors to tell patients if they can lower costs by paying cash or using a cheaper drug.

There is something about generic drugs being fast tracked whereas before BigPharma didn't want the competition.

The Right to Try Bill gives terminal patients easier access to experiment treatments.

People in small business can form an association to get lower group rates for healthcare.

You will have to search for details but the above is just what I remember from watching Cabinet officials discuss them over the past few months, which is why everyone should sign up on the White House website and youtube channel. No need for Fake News. You will know what the presstitutes do but censor.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:35 PM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
LOL — good grief this is so spot on!
Thanks! It made my day....
What’s pathetic is it is all true.

Question — do you know if this video is getting much traction on the internet?

Old 10-25-2018, 01:42 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Education and indoctrination are two different processes; and most of us who've advanced beyond either the Bible-thumper or the Social Justice Warrior mindset can tell the difference.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Question — do you know if this video is getting much traction on the internet?
443K + views in over two days on YouTube... other than that I don't know.

Also on Twitter here...

https://twitter.com/conservmillen/st...27758070677504

Old 10-25-2018, 01:52 PM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Thanks DRob — I sent it to four people.
It won’t load on Twitter — probably my server, but hope Twitter doesn’t start shawdowbanning it along with You Tube.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:14 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
I think that honestly may be the very best political ad that I have ever seen.

Thanks for posting that, DRob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections