Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2019, 09:53 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

This is actually good for illustrating how CNN frames their town halls.

Now they believe CNN is against progressives and Sanders supporters, even to the point where they will placate the GOP over them - which is totally ridiculous. As one of the comments said...
CNN is fine when smearing Trump or conservatives according to TYT, but the moment they try their same tricks against a progressive these morons suddenly Care.
However, for educational purposes on how CNN operates, this is a good lesson.

Examples: Woman described as "mother of two" actually is a county Democrat chair. A former biology teacher is actually the Chair of the Baltimore Democratic Party.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 04:08 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Hahahahaha

I told them not to trust CNN. They really hate Bernie as much as they hate Trump. They do not want to see anyone but an establishment approved candidate become President.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:19 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say, that CNN would do anything unethical!

Old 03-02-2019, 04:35 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hahahahaha

I told them not to trust CNN. They really hate Bernie as much as they hate Trump. They do not want to see anyone but an establishment approved candidate become President.
They're far more comfortable with Trump because he provides them with lots of money. Sanders on the other hand is pushing hard to get big money out of politics so billionaires can no longer pour unlimited ad money into CNN's coffers. It would be disastrous for corporate media as they would lose alot of the power they have over our elections.

Old 03-02-2019, 04:38 PM

5,896 posts, read 3,895,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
They're far more comfortable with Trump because he provides them with lots of money. Sanders on the other hand is pushing hard to get big money out of politics so billionaires can no longer pour unlimited ad money into CNN's coffers. It would be disastrous for corporate media as they would lose alot of the power they have over our elections.
Despite his baseless rhetoric, I knew Trump was never going to be a real threat to America's elitist ruling class. All of the mainstream corporate propaganda "news" networks (CNN, MSNBC, FOX NEWS, PBS, ABC News, CBS News, etc.) lined up to promote him endlessly. Just look at history; the networks tend to ignore and silence the ones who they feel are the biggest threat to their agenda (i.e. Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012).

Old 03-02-2019, 06:39 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Despite his baseless rhetoric, I knew Trump was never going to be a real threat to America's elitist ruling class. All of the mainstream corporate propaganda "news" networks (CNN, MSNBC, FOX NEWS, PBS, ABC News, CBS News, etc.) lined up to promote him endlessly. Just look at history; the networks tend to ignore and silence the ones who they feel are the biggest threat to their agenda (i.e. Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012).
I gather you weren't actually around in 2016-when all the MSM (including to an extent FOX) did nothing but attack Trump for months. Every time they discussed him it was either to paint him as a joke, someone with no chance of winning, or to make up stories about "corruption" in his business dealings. Or focus on his handful of corporate bankruptcies while ignoring the hundreds of successful businesses he is associated with.

I also gather you didn't watch the election results when anchors on those "mainstream corporate propaganda networks" were literally in tears when Trump won the election. Or that you missed how the economy was going to crash upon his election.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:24 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Did they ask hard questions; what's the problem?

Old 03-04-2019, 06:39 AM

5,896 posts, read 3,895,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I gather you weren't actually around in 2016-when all the MSM (including to an extent FOX) did nothing but attack Trump for months. Every time they discussed him it was either to paint him as a joke, someone with no chance of winning, or to make up stories about "corruption" in his business dealings. Or focus on his handful of corporate bankruptcies while ignoring the hundreds of successful businesses he is associated with.

I also gather you didn't watch the election results when anchors on those "mainstream corporate propaganda networks" were literally in tears when Trump won the election. Or that you missed how the economy was going to crash upon his election.
I appreciate your effort but that doesn't disprove anything I said. You may now crawl back to your safe space with your Play-Doh and crayons.

Old 03-04-2019, 07:37 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Did they ask hard questions; what's the problem?
Let's see.
  • CNN bills a "Town Hall" as a way for ordinary people to meet and ask questions of a political candidate asking for their vote.
  • Establishment political hacks are "seeded" into the crowd to ask questions designed to make Bernie look bad.
I'd say that shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Admitting it however requires some honestly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections