Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 01:11 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,707,608 times

Advertisements

Mark Cuban says current crop of 22 Democrats running for office have no chance of beating Trump. Interesting to note that Cuban doesn't like Trump. Says he might run as an independent.
Cuban added that it seems like voters aren’t looking for career politicians these days. “If you look at why people voted for Donald Trump, in my opinion, first and foremost it was because he wasn’t a politician,” he said.
“Politicians are the least trusted of every profession,” the TV reality show host said noting that every Democrat running is a career politician.

Cuban is right of course.

Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban on Which Democrat Can Beat Trump: ‘Nobody Right Now’
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 01:23 PM

8,510 posts, read 8,843,423 times
I wouldn't particularly "trust" start-up principals or venture capitalists either. Some of them are close to scammers or scammers. Cuban's first billion came from Yahoo having money and needing to buy something. I am not sure they really got anything that valuable from buying his Broadcast.com, other than a quicker foothold in video and one less competitor.

You are probably a career politician is you get in office before 30. 35 or after, maybe not a completely fair characterization. If you stay in past 60, you became a career politician. Get out before that you are not.

Michael Bennet was in government service and business before he was appointed to the Senate at age 44. Is that a career politician? Not exactly.

Delaney had built at least two major businesses before he ran for his first public office at age 50.

Gillebrand didnt run for office until she was 40, after being a corporate lawyer for 15 years. She may be a career politician now but she wasn't for a long time.

Hickenlooper didn't run for Mayor until he was 51.

Moulton didn't run til he was 37.

Warren didn't get in any office until she was 63.

You can say anything. It might be mostly true. But Cuban missed on these cases or is applying a different standard than I am.

Last edited by NW Crow; 05-15-2019 at 01:40 PM..

Old 05-15-2019, 02:53 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,785,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflesngravy View Post
I am not a Trump fan, but he will win again. The people spoke and rarely ever change their minds.
Democrats know Trump is going to win. They will spend the next year trying to dig dirt on him.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:54 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,411,244 times
What is this? Like the fifth thread on this topic. I didn't realize Shark guy had so many right-wing fans.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:04 PM

24,579 posts, read 17,321,260 times
Wow imagine that I actually agree with that smug guy Mark Cuban....

I would simplify it even more for him. Trump won because he was a dynamic speaker with a great message that true Americans could understand and grasp onto. Trump beat out all those career Republicans because he ran circles around them with his brilliant campaign. Trump then went on to beat one of the worse candidates in modern times. She was crooked, corrupt, she had a lousy message, she skipped campaigning in key spots because she thought she had it all wrapped up and was merely going through the motions and it showed and then she turned her back on half of the country when she called them Deplorable.

It was hers to lose and boy she crashed and burned into a puddle of chardonnay.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:41 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,437,832 times
The same folks giving credit to celebrities and billionaires for their stand with Trump are the same folks that will discredit the billionaires when they have anything negative to say about Trump. These people speak the same hypocrisy regarding media, polls, surveys, stats, opinion etc. Biden is looking good especially in the Midwest and PA. Trump continues to have low approval even with a good economy. Russia, Wikileaks and his lies may not be able to help him with that slight .4% lead in key demo states this time. It didn't help him during the 2018 midterms.

Old 05-15-2019, 04:15 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,104,247 times
So there it is no need to go vote on 2020 is already decided. Good so maybe we will get a rest from all the dumb political ads and threads.

Hmm what will we do in this board?

Old 05-16-2019, 04:23 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,785,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
So there it is no need to go vote on 2020 is already decided. Good so maybe we will get a rest from all the dumb political ads and threads.

Hmm what will we do in this board
?
We can make some buttered popcorn on election day and watch Trump WIN!

Old 05-16-2019, 06:47 AM

23,267 posts, read 29,122,945 times
Election Night: The popular vote shows Trump with 10 million less votes than his opponent, but he is to be re-elected, thanks once again to the Electoral College.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:57 AM

3,320 posts, read 2,350,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
What is this? Like the fifth thread on this topic. I didn't realize Shark guy had so many right-wing fans.
I would think you guys would like him since he hates Trump. Maybe your side should actually listen to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections