Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 07:28 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,954,536 times

Advertisements

Read an interesting article that said because of the impact of small states in the Electoral College that statistically it is more likely a close election will go to the GOP vs the Democratic candidate

So I am thinking that to turn some states that are purple into blue ones, people who can work from home or travel for work and basically just need airport service should consider relocating to areas that are poised to turn blue soon—relocate from say a heavily Dem majority state like CA to Kentucky and help push McConnell out—vote for McGrath...
In TX they could oust Cornyn and give TX electoral votes to a Dem candidate for president

It wouldn’t have to be permanent—
Just a temporary fix for this next election—
Swing the Senate to the Democratic majority, taking out McConnell as Majority leader if McGrath can’t do it and retake the WH

There should be a concerted effort to solicit younger voters maybe or retired ones with flexibility to relocate
It is not an easy ask
But do it in a few states and you maybe make a difference
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 07:55 PM

412 posts, read 146,196 times
Lmaooooo

Old 09-19-2019, 08:04 PM

412 posts, read 146,196 times
Just admit you guys are screwed unless you can win Texas

Old 09-19-2019, 08:46 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,988,120 times
...sorry, stopped reading your post at..."So I am thinking..."

Old 09-19-2019, 10:21 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,129,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westie15 View Post
Just admit you guys are screwed unless you can win Texas
Last I heard, Texas is turning purple so be careful what you say, lol.

Honestly, there are so many ways for Dems to win, how about some of these?

- Stop following all the rules! The GOP have shown how they are willing to CHEAT, Dems need to get creative!
- Get the National Popular Vote implemented
- Get many of those darn Democratic Presidential candidates to run for Senate! Winning the White House is useless if the GOP controls the senate and blocks our judicial nominees!
- Run a very likeable celebrity who appeals to conservatives and liberals alike, two can play that game! lol!
- Ask the Chinese for help! Again, two can play that game, LOL!
- Get Trump impeached and the house of corrupt GOP cards will crumble!

Lastly... find the peepee tape and release it! I would like to see the hypocritical Evangelicals continue to support Trump after seeing that!

Old 09-20-2019, 04:59 AM

19,860 posts, read 12,142,218 times
Thanks for starting my day with a good laugh!

Old 09-20-2019, 05:25 AM

5,077 posts, read 2,288,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Last I heard, Texas is turning purple so be careful what you say, lol.

Honestly, there are so many ways for Dems to win, how about some of these?

- Stop following all the rules! The GOP have shown how they are willing to CHEAT, Dems need to get creative!
- Get the National Popular Vote implemented
- Get many of those darn Democratic Presidential candidates to run for Senate! Winning the White House is useless if the GOP controls the senate and blocks our judicial nominees!
- Run a very likeable celebrity who appeals to conservatives and liberals alike, two can play that game! lol!
- Ask the Chinese for help! Again, two can play that game, LOL!
- Get Trump impeached and the house of corrupt GOP cards will crumble!

Lastly... find the peepee tape and release it! I would like to see the hypocritical Evangelicals continue to support Trump after seeing that!
How about simply running a candidate who isn’t ready to give our country and tax dollars away to illegal immigrants, and who has some policies that aren’t “I’m not Trump”.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:44 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,519,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
How about simply running a candidate who isn’t ready to give our country and tax dollars away to illegal immigrants, and who has some policies that aren’t “I’m not Trump”.

That would be Biden. He's leading in the General Election polls against Trump. Every D candidate has policies that aren't "I'm not Trump". However, it's the voters that really want Trump out badly and the voters want the D candidate that is most likely to beat Trump.

BTW - Illegals already get free health care in the USA, courtesy of Ronald Reagan (R). They simply go to a hospital emergency room, which cannot refuse them if they are illegal and cannot refuse them if they were there before and never paid their bill. So our tax dollars have been used for health care for illegals for many decades and this was done by a Republican president

Last edited by sware2cod; 09-20-2019 at 06:56 AM..

Old 09-20-2019, 06:47 AM

21,488 posts, read 10,605,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
That would be Biden. He's leading in the polls.
We will see. I’ve seen Joe run several times and never get over the finish line. He’s not going to be president.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:50 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,954,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
We will see. I’ve seen Joe run several times and never get over the finish line. He’s not going to be president.
Yes I will vote for the Dem candidate but agree that Biden can shoot himself in the foot on any occasion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections