Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 05:41 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,109,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
Okay I am curious in what you all think will happen when our troops are withdrawn. Not interested in who does it as both of them want to end this war. So what do you think will happen? What needs to be in place for this to happen? Personally I feel its time to have Iraq stand on its own two feet and get on with it but I also feel that the innocent be protected some how.
Interestingly enough, that's how most Iraqi's have felt for years. Yet we stay, to satisfy Bush and McCain's egos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 06:04 PM

600 posts, read 1,083,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
there will be more killed if we remove the troops soon, but eventually it will get stable after no American are left there. If American stay, it will never get stable. If they leave, it won't get stable overnight, but will eventually maybe within a year or so. There has been over hundreds of thousands killed in Iraq since the war broke out. Are we gonna stay till the amount get to the millions?? Or till we run out of money?? Who is gonna pay off the national debt. Bush is not planning to, and neither will McCain.

that logic is unbeatable, therefore i saw we nuke iraq and stabalize it for the next 200 years to come.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:19 PM

232 posts, read 948,401 times
Quote:
Okay I am curious in what you all think will happen when our troops are withdrawn. Not interested in who does it as both of them want to end this war. So what do you think will happen? What needs to be in place for this to happen? Personally I feel its time to have Iraq stand on its own two feet and get on with it but I also feel that the innocent be protected some how.

THE REGION SHOULT BE HANDED BACK OVER TO THEM. ITS THE U.S FAULTTO WHY IRAQ IS THE WAY IT IS NOW. ALL HEY WAS TALKING ABOUT WAS AFGHANISTAN THIS AND THAT BUT THEY WENT TO IRAQ. THEN AMERICANS TALKING ABOUT WE GOT RID OF A DICTATOR, BUT HOW MANY DICTATORS HAVE THE U.S PUT IN OFFICES AROUND THE WORLD?

HOW MANY COMMUNIST GOVS THE US SUPPORTS? QUITE A FEW!

Old 04-19-2008, 06:21 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Neither one of them is actually proposing IMMEDIATE withdrawal...other candidates were, but we're not hearing as much about them. Mike Gravel, maybe.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslyke View Post
yes, your right. And im not defending that... Im right along with you when it comes to wanting to pull out and hating the war... but pulling out now would only kill thousands more and Iraq would prolly be swollowed by a surrounding country which would in turn get all of iraqs oil and resources... And no doubt that will only be worse for us in the near future.
ITS THERE RESOURCES NOT AMERICAS, GW DUMB SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE HE WENT IN WHEN HE WAS NOT SUPPOSE TO HE SHOULD BEIN PRISON HE IS A WAR PRESIDENT, HE SAID IT HIMSELF.

ALSO HIS OFFICIALS CLAIM SADDAMS MEN KILLED PEOPLE AND INVADED, SO ARE/HAVE BUSHES MEN.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:22 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
The Killing Fields. And it wouldn't be thousands...it would be tens of thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands of people killed. A massacre.
Yeah. Pol Pot. But how was THAT "our" problem?

Old 04-19-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
thats not the question...

the awnser is the same thing will happen as what happened with

Vietnam
The Kurds
Desert Storm

We will pull out and take with us any hope they have of defending themselves. They will be slaughtered in the masses, beaten with stones, hung, shot, and Iran will once again be a terrorist state. Although it will prolly be just an extension of Iran or something. They cant stand on their own yet... what we need to be doing is pushing them to form faster. They seem to be taking their sweet time :/
YOUDO KNOW IRAN USED TO BE BIGGER THAN WHAT IT WAS, IT WAS CUT UP BY EUROPEANS

Old 04-19-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
We have? How?

You mean we have saved millions from being gassed to death by Hussein right?

If you going to put out false information at least give the entire information about how we have saved millions of people in Iraq.
wth you talking about? at least saddam had lawandorder, US democracy of iraq is terror, i can name countless democratic goverments who were removed by the U.S and brutal puppets installed and or supported.

the us gov is a hypocrit gov and cannot crtisize any other goverment

Old 04-19-2008, 07:14 PM

793 posts, read 2,214,107 times
Quote:
that logic is unbeatable, therefore i saw we nuke iraq and stabalize it for the next 200 years to come.

Ok just nuke everything we don't understand. Is that how the US military works?

Old 04-19-2008, 07:15 PM

600 posts, read 1,083,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
Ok just nuke everything we don't understand. Is that how the US military works?
my post was sarcastic, if you read my stances on things youll see that im NOT for nuking anyone. I was more making a point about the previous statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections