Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 02:02 PM

270 posts, read 527,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
So no one has explanation?

Come on Obamanators.
OK, I have the answer. First let me say that I am not an Oba-maniac (nor am I for Clinton) He can't win Pennsylvania because the people in Pennsylvania are smarter than to vote for a stumbling, bumbling, sermon making, terrorist loving, elitist, racist. Point Blank. Period.

I am sure I just ruffled a few feathers but the truth hurts doesn't it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 02:11 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
This goes beyond PA. This is nationwide. Why can Obama not close the deal with democrats nationwide? He has more money, positive media, etc. The fact he can't close the deal is showing his true weakness. More and more people seem to be questioning his strength. Does he have what it takes where the "rubber meets the road". Doesn't seem so.

Interesting article from ABC News about this subject:

ABC News: Anticipating Win, Clinton Asks Why Obama Can't 'Close the Deal'

Old 04-23-2008, 03:08 AM

881 posts, read 1,589,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post
OK, I have the answer. First let me say that I am not an Oba-maniac (nor am I for Clinton) He can't win Pennsylvania because the people in Pennsylvania are smarter than to vote for a stumbling, bumbling, sermon making, terrorist loving, elitist, racist. Point Blank. Period.

Amen. Preach on, brother. I agree, Obama stumbles 24/7 without his trusty teleprompter. He is a horrible speaker and cannot think on his own.

So you think the Obama elitism, racism, and terrorism-loving will defeat him in other key states that Hillary could carry??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
This goes beyond PA. This is nationwide. Why can Obama not close the deal with democrats nationwide? He has more money, positive media, etc. The fact he can't close the deal is showing his true weakness. More and more people seem to be questioning his strength. Does he have what it takes where the "rubber meets the road". Doesn't seem so.

Interesting article from ABC News about this subject:

ABC News: Anticipating Win, Clinton Asks Why Obama Can't 'Close the Deal'
That is my question.... came out with that question even before the news caught on to it.

WHY CAN'T OABAM CLOSE THE DEAL?!?! This guy is riding on oil, insurance, and drug companies money, he has George Soros funding him through MoveOn.org and MediaMatters and other 527 groups... and yet this dude cannot carry a single large state.

McCain will take PA from Obama if he is the nominee. Even if the GOP loses OH and gets FL (which they will, the state is largely conservative), it's all over, McCain will be president. If McCain carry Michigan and/or Minnesota, it's all over, he wins too, granted he holds on to FL.

Obama is a flawed candidate. He is the Republican's dream come true. I used to fear his hype and hope Hillary would win to polarize the GOP against her, but Obama is WAY better.... now that we are beginning to learning who the REAL Barack Hussein Obama is.

Go Obama!! Please get the nomination!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 03:14 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,905 times
I like Obama, but he cannot win the industrial states the Democrats must have to win in November. As much as it hurts some people to hear this, Hillary has a much better chance to beat McCain!!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 03:24 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
I like Obama, but he cannot win the industrial states the Democrats must have to win in November. As much as it hurts some people to hear this, Hillary has a much better chance to beat McCain!!!!
SO why do the Repugnicants want Hillary to win the nomination??

Her argument is she can win the big states and reunite the dems, but if the dems do come back they will also come back under Obama

Old 04-23-2008, 03:48 AM

881 posts, read 1,589,500 times
Quote:
I am glad you acknowledge the facts. You are in MN, there is a good chance McCain will flip that state. If MN goes GOP, then the Dems better carry CO and AZ or it will be all over. Forget FL, Obama will never, not even in 100 years carry Florida. Ain't gonna happen. Obama just ticked off the 3.9 million FL gun owners and almost 1 million Concealed Weapon carry people (whom Obama want to take permits away from). He also offended church people and FL is full of them. FL is out of the question and if Obama cannot carry PA, friend, it's all over. McCain will win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
SO why do the Repugnicants want Hillary to win the nomination??

Her argument is she can win the big states and reunite the dems, but if the dems do come back they will also come back under Obama

Simple. Republicans were initially concerned about the media and celebrities turning Obama from a rookie Senator with minimal intelligence into some sort of a god. He gave speeches, no one knew nothing about Obama. Whites with guilty conciences because of slavery almost 200 years ago and the elites were for Obama. There was some initial excitement. That scared the Republicans. A lot. And the media was protecting Obama so much, he was getting millions from Soros... that all scared the GOP.

Now, the honeymoon is over, Obama is being asked questions (and whining afterwards), is showing how poorly he performs on debates, how liberal he is, how divisive Obama is, how polarizing his comments and associations are. He calls his own grandma a "white racist" and then says his grandma was a "typical white person", basically calling every white person out there a racist. People see this guy is not who he SAYS he is.

Now Reps know Obama is easier to beat than Hillary. See, Hillary can try to push her "Experience card" and fight McCain on that, but Obama cannot. Obama has 0 experience. Hillary can carry PA, MN, and MI. Obama is also extremely polarizing, he has passed 0 bills, no one can name 1 accomplishments of Obama's, Obama has never worked a bi-partisan compromise in the US Senate, he is NOT "transcending race" and he is definitely not "beyong partisan politics", as he claims. Obama has a very bad voting record, is knee deep involved with OIL, DRUG, and INSURANCE companies, he is getting support from terrorists overseas, anti-US government, Jimmy Carter, etc. There is the William Ayers terrorist connection with Obama, Obama's wife is extremely angry and radicalized (and anti-American, if I may add), Obama has Wright, he has his own mouth saying dumb things, he has connections to slumlords in Chicago.... Obama will be targeted for it all come November.

Obama is definitely easier. The hype is over, Obama is being asked questions, he is doing terribly in answering questions (without a teleprompter), he is involved with terrorists, racists, lobbyists, and the worst kind of people on all sides.

Obama also has a moth that is WAY faster than his brain. Unless the teleprompter is on and Obama is reading it, Obama does a horrible job talking. He opens his mouth, he gets in trouble. He lies 24/7. Once the teleprompter is stopped, Obama has diarrhea of the mouth and not even Pepto can stop it.

Pick Obama and it's all over. That is what the GOP wants. Do us a favor, PLEASE pick Obama. The GOP needs to win Pennsylvania, in case the GOP loses Ohio. Obama will help the Reagan Democrats vote for him. These Reagan Dems go for Hillary, but not for an elitist, racist like Obama.

Go Obama!!! McCain needs you! Obama! Obama! Obama!!

Old 04-23-2008, 04:35 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,296 times
if i remember Obama smashed Hillary in MN and it was close in MI

The only pathological liar is Hillary

Old 04-26-2008, 01:01 PM

775 posts, read 579,164 times
Quote:
It's just the opposite. Every right-wing talk radio show is saying that the Repubs can beat Hillary vs. Obama. Repubs will vote for Obama over Hillary as they have always actually hated her now and when both were in the White House.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:56 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post

The truth does hurt. Especially when we also have a secondary Bush running on the Republican side, and a shrill, cold, do-anything to win candidate competing with Obama, who's behind.

Another truth.... whether ya like it or not, Obama is still up and Hillary is playing catch up. And chances are, Obama will be stumblin' and bumblin' to a Democratic nomination... regardless of what happens in November.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:37 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Obama just can't seem to seal the deal. maybe the convention will go to Gore or kerry who has shown they can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections