Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 12:02 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times

Advertisements

Marshall should win.

If Kobach’s is nominated, it might get interesting in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2020, 01:24 PM

340 posts, read 124,020 times
If Marshall is the nominee, the race is basically safe Republican. If Kobach is the nominee, it would be closer, but I think he would still win. Trump won Kansas by 20 points in 2016. Even if he only wins it by like 15 against Biden, can a Democrat really do 16 points better than Biden in the state? In 2016 all the Senate races went the same direction as the Presidential ones. I think Kobach would do worse than Trump if he is the nominee, but will probably win.

Old 05-30-2020, 03:22 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,056,551 times
Sounds like the GOP is about to pee their pants if Kobach gets the nod. They are right to fear it.

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/30/86554...kansas-primary

Old 05-31-2020, 09:17 AM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Let us recall that Mr. Kobach was co-chair of the voter fraud commission set up by President Trump.

It did not turn out well.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ession-990300/

As an instance:

".....in June 2017, when Kobach, in the name of the commission, demanded voluminous voter data from all 50 state-election officials, including Social Security numbers, party registration, and voting history. This came as a surprise to Dunlap and other commissioners, who’d reminded Kobach on a conference call just the day before how zealously secretaries of state protected that data.

Even officials from Trump and Kobach’s own party saw the dangers in handing over such personal information. “They can go jump in the Gulf of Mexico,” replied Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann, a Republican, to Kobach’s request."

I wonder if this disastrous commission will be brought up if Mr. Kobach receives the nomination?

Possibly.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:07 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,611,192 times
Bad news for Kansas republicans, a new civiqs poll has Kobach up by double digits, 11 points in a poll conducted over the weekend. Also the poll puts Kobach up against Democratic frontrunner Bollier, Bollier leads Kobach by 1%

Barbara Bollier, Democrat 42%
Kris Kobach, Republican 41%
Someone else 11%
Unsure 7%

https://civiqs.com/documents/Civiqs_..._06_ng72o3.pdf

Old 06-02-2020, 06:23 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Weird thing about Kansas though. Kobach lost the gubernatorial election to a Democrat by 5 points. I don't know if that would have been different if there wasn't a third party candidate involved.

If that means Kobach lost because he is a flawed candidate, he might not fare very well in this Senate race either. Personally, I think Kobach will win the senate seat. I doubt Kansas voters will split their ticket between a Republican president and a Democratic senator. So, I expect Kobach to win.
I don't expect to do as well in 2020 as he did in 2016 because now they know his downside. Since he lost the governors race why would you expect this to be different with his baggage. The problem is that he is the money raiser of the two but as we have seen funding doesn't translate into victory. Many senate races look like they will be close, quite a change from last year.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:55 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,611,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't expect to do as well in 2020 as he did in 2016 because now they know his downside. Since he lost the governors race why would you expect this to be different with his baggage. The problem is that he is the money raiser of the two but as we have seen funding doesn't translate into victory. Many senate races look like they will be close, quite a change from last year.
Kobach has built a big out of state political name for himself, carried the very right win label, he is nationally known for good or worse, has been on Fox News quite a bit, & has a really good fundraising network.

If he was more moderate & less direct with his comments & views, he easily would have been the Governor.

Old 06-02-2020, 08:56 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,056,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post

If he was more moderate & less direct with his comments & views

i.e., if Kobach would just stop being himself and hide his bigotry from public view. Yeah, I guess that would probably guarantee him a win, true. Americans, including Kansans, have a short memory, and 5 moths is an eternity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections