Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:24 AM

728 posts, read 1,676,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Um.... good luck with that (you're going to need it).

Ken

Do some research on the electoral map, Obama will need to win states that have been off limits to Dems the past several elections. Oh yeah, I forgot you guys have already projected that Texas will go to Obama.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:38 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
Do some research on the electoral map, Obama will need to win states that have been off limits to Dems the past several elections
The key words are "have been". The Republicans are EXTREMELY unpopular nowadays and the highly energized Democrats are likely to see massive gains across the board in the House, the Senate, and the White House - especially as the economy continues to limp along and the Iraq War dragggggggggs on.

Ken

Old 05-07-2008, 11:22 AM

437 posts, read 631,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Even Florida and Michigan counted cant save her and it appears that they wont fully count according to the DNC.
I wonder if Dean intentionally waited for a moment like this so he can seat the delegates without it affecting the outcome of the race. But I still don't want the delegates seated for the simple reason that I don't like the idea of the rules of the game being changed in the fourth quarter. You knew the rules, you agreed to the rules, and NOW you're talking about disenfranchisement?

Old 05-07-2008, 11:28 AM

439 posts, read 605,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
Do some research on the electoral map, Obama will need to win states that have been off limits to Dems the past several elections. Oh yeah, I forgot you guys have already projected that Texas will go to Obama.
I say you shouldn't depend on the past so much. This election has brought more and more Democrats into the system. And I might add the Repubs are losing big numbers in every State. Maybe you should look at the numbers this year and not dwell on the past. The Republicans are in trouble and know it.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:42 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
I say you shouldn't depend on the past so much. This election has brought more and more Democrats into the system. And I might add the Repubs are losing big numbers in every State. Maybe you should look at the numbers this year and not dwell on the past. The Republicans are in trouble and know it.
Indeed, virtuallly ALL signs point towards a Democratic tidal wave in November - and several leading Republicans have admitted as much - including Newt Gingrich - who had predicted the Republican losses that occured back in 2006.

Here's a quote from Newts article where Newt addresses the Republican loss in the special election for Louisiana's Sixth Congressional District :

"Saturday's loss was in a district that President Bush carried by 19 percentage points in 2004 and that the Republicans have held since 1975.

This defeat follows on the loss of Speaker Hastert's seat in Illinois. That seat had been held by a Republican for 76 years with the single exception of the 1974 Watergate election when the Democrats held it for one term. That same seat had been carried by President Bush 55-44% in 2004."

The full text can be found here:

My Plea to Republicans - HUMAN EVENTS

Republicans who deny these signs are in truth doing little more than whistling in the dark. Bad days lay ahead for the GOP.

Ken

Old 05-07-2008, 12:34 PM

439 posts, read 1,242,259 times
Although I think the Republicans will have a tough time winning come November, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Democrats shouldn't suddenly become complacent because times are hard for the other side. McCain can still win this thing and Democrats needs to be prepared for a tough battle ahead. If you just say "well we got this in the bag", I guarantee you're going to see a McCain victory in November.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:41 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
Personally I think Hillary will drop out after Kentucky, West Virgina and Puerto Rico. By then she will realize that she will go no where with Florida and Michigan.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:42 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoolbro View Post
Although I think the Republicans will have a tough time winning come November, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Democrats shouldn't suddenly become complacent because times are hard for the other side. McCain can still win this thing and Democrats needs to be prepared for a tough battle ahead. If you just say "well we got this in the bag", I guarantee you're going to see a McCain victory in November.
On issues.....McCain fails
On enthuasism.....McCain fails

On what grounds or perhaps message is McCain gonna win the GE besides being the white candidate of the two.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:05 PM

580 posts, read 1,681,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Clinton backer George McGovern has stepped forward this morning and urged Hillary to drop out and has now endorsed Obama. After last night, I have a feeling he's not going to be the only one.

McGovern, Former Clinton Backer, Urges Her To Drop Out, McGovern Urges Clinton To Drop Out Of Democratic Presidential Race, Endorses Obama - CBS News (broken link)
Well that doesnt change my vote for Hillary Clinton. Many need to think about counting Michigan and Florida before they give a nomination ticket. If Illnoios and North Carolina was tooken out of the race instead of Michigan and Florida... think Barack Obama momentum would be high? Think he would be leading in delegates ... most likely there would of been alot of game changers... when they took Michigan and Florida from the race, they were taking the nomination from Hillary Clinton. I could go on and on... and show all the reasons these states should be counted... and why I see her as teh real winner... but there is no need for that, its obvious

Old 05-07-2008, 01:13 PM

437 posts, read 631,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Personally I think Hillary will drop out after Kentucky, West Virgina and Puerto Rico.
(reaches for my heart medicine)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections