Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 07:29 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,450,678 times

Advertisements

In spite of his recent win in NC, Obama is not winning by a landslide, and given that this is a first -- a Black male and a woman running for the office of US President, I think it would be a disservice to the position for either to drop-out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 09:34 AM

775 posts, read 579,164 times
No Obama did not win by a landslide, but, considering what he has had to overcome with the Wright debacle, he did very well and would have done even better without it.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:47 PM

123 posts, read 346,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Why would you vote for Jon McCain? On policy matters, Hillary and Obama are not that far apart. Remember it is the policy that is important and not the personality.
I find it hard to believe that ther are still some people who make thier decisions based on snipits of news bites. WHY would anyone vote for MCain if Hillary steps down...come on, look at the issues please. 4 more years of Republican rule will truelly bankrupt this country and create even more enemies than we have now. When Hillary steps down she will try to unite us all, and so she should. We HAVE to be united to change this current drain on our tax money going to the defense budget. Lets put it back into our homes, schools and health care system.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:14 AM

18,727 posts, read 33,396,751 times
Unfortunately, a whole lot of people apparently vote based on personality or "don't like his wife" or such. I would vote for Clinton if she were the Dem. nominee, not because I "like" her (I don't) but because being beholden to the national Democratic Party, to me, is a whole lot better for the nation and me and people than being beholden to the national Republican Party. Actually, I "like" John McCain a lot more, think he has great personal integrity, a real sense of honor, a great sense of humor and unquestionable nobility in his previous actions in the military.
However, he and his party want to pack the Supreme Court with more people who will erode civil liberties, encourage a totalitarian "Big Brother" government in many ways, and act against women's right to reproductive choice. Not much to "like" there.
It's "liking" that got this country eight years of President Cheney, and mean Bush Junior. You like the guy, have dinner with him. Don't let him run the country or be an evil genius's sock lap poodle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections