Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 09:58 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslyke View Post
exactly, McCain and Hillary have more in common than McCain and Obama AND Hillary and Obama...
Exactly why McCain will win. Is that a good thing? Rather than the ultra liberal Obama...I guess it is ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 10:01 PM

600 posts, read 1,083,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Exactly why McCain will win. Is that a good thing? Rather than the ultra liberal Obama...I guess it is ok.
haha, idk if its a good thing or not
this election makes me want to cry

Old 05-09-2008, 09:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default It's all about Bush

McCain's psychotic insistence on clinging to Bush's agenda will make him a sad loser in November.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:59 AM

654 posts, read 1,210,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Gore actually won the election.
According the Electoral College and the Constitution, he did not. But if you are going to claim "voter fraud" then I'm sure you have concrete proof of it that the DNC or Gore, with all of their lawyers and investigators, somehow overlooked.

Quote:
It was all over the news networks until they received word from Fox News that, no, it was Bush. So don't worry about it, you didn't really get him elected. And anyone who would vote Bush again for any reason should probably not vote at all.
Seek help

Old 05-10-2008, 08:04 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
According the Electoral College and the Constitution, he did not. But if you are going to claim "voter fraud" then I'm sure you have concrete proof of it that the DNC or Gore, with all of their lawyers and investigators, somehow overlooked.

Seek help
Whoa, you must certainly be one of the befuddled masses who doesn't realize that Gore did not really try to protest the change in the results. In fact, he chaired a meeting of the representatives after the fiasco. And he not only denied the voices of the many petitions signed by the voters, he really seemed to delight in turning them away. One by one they were heard and dismissed. All because not one senator would sign on to open up the investigation being sought by the public. And the Electoral College is a direct attack on our right to vote. Everyone knows they really elect the president, so how can this be a true democracy. And I have actually read the constitution, have you. If you have you may come to the same conclusion that I have. They threw that out the door a long time ago.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:16 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I bet you don't understand that it still means that America is are unhappy with Bush.
He wasn't implying that America isn't happy with Bush, only that they were not happy with congress even more so.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:26 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
McGovern didn't have Obama's knack at inspiring people - nor was he following what is perhaps the most unpopular administration in US history.

Every election is different. This one will be different too.

Ken
Hitler had that great ability to inspire people too and we know how that turned out!

Old 05-10-2008, 09:31 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Hitler had that great ability to inspire people too and we know how that turned out!
Yeah, but Hitler was preaching hate, not unity.

The ability to inspire people is one of the critical attibutes of leadership. Hitler had great leadership skills admittedly, but that's about the only thing he and Obama have in common. A better comparison would be Lincoln or Churchill - two great orators from the past.

Ken

Old 05-11-2008, 06:00 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
McCain will go down in flames, just like Bob Dole did in 1996. The Republicans are sending out a placeholder candidate with no real chance of winning an election where the public has shown clear signs of turning away from the GOP.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:34 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
I wouldn't bet on the outcome of this election. There are to many questions about all three candidates that need to be answered in the upcoming months. After eight years of our current vice president this election may be decided by their choices in running mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections