Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2008, 01:44 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,840,363 times

Advertisements

Although I don't agree with many things this man stands for, I certainly agree with him here.

Ben Smith's Blog: Kennedy: No veep slot for Clinton - Politico.com

YesObama08 NoHRClinton08 or any other year....includes any Bushes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 02:21 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
I don't thnik their is etiher as sdhe and obama have too much in conflict.I don't think she believe at all she thniks that Obama has the experience to lead this country and has said so.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:31 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times
You know, Teddy No-Pants should really pipe down and stay out of it. He's showing himself to be a huge hypocrite. He challenged Jimmy Carter for the Dem. nomination AT THE 1980 CONVENTION.

From the Miller Center of Public Affairs website:

"Kennedy came close to defeating Carter as the party split into two wings. The day after the president lost the New York primary, a tabloid headline brayed, "Big apple to Carter: Get Smarter!" The president limped into that summer's convention weakened by the troubles at home and abroad, but he did have more delegates than Kennedy, and if they stuck to their pledges to vote for him, he would win the nomination. Kennedy desperately tried to get the convention to repeal the system of pledged delegates, arguing that if delegates could vote freely, they would dump Carter. But the convention refused to change its rules and Carter won renomination."

Does Teddy No-Pants have an incredible amount of nerve running his mouth now, or what?!

Old 05-09-2008, 02:34 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
You know, Teddy No-Pants should really pipe down and stay out of it. He's showing himself to be a huge hypocrite. He challenged Jimmy Carter for the Dem. nomination AT THE 1980 CONVENTION.

From the Miller Center of Public Affairs website:

"Kennedy came close to defeating Carter as the party split into two wings. The day after the president lost the New York primary, a tabloid headline brayed, "Big apple to Carter: Get Smarter!" The president limped into that summer's convention weakened by the troubles at home and abroad, but he did have more delegates than Kennedy, and if they stuck to their pledges to vote for him, he would win the nomination. Kennedy desperately tried to get the convention to repeal the system of pledged delegates, arguing that if delegates could vote freely, they would dump Carter. But the convention refused to change its rules and Carter won renomination."

Does Teddy No-Pants have an incredible amount of nerve running his mouth now, or what?!
Mmm...no. He's just calling it how he sees it today. You're a Clinton supporter so I'm betting you can appreciate the Convention's right to enforce the Rules.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Mmm...no. He's just calling it how he sees it today. You're a Clinton supporter so I'm betting you can appreciate the Convention's right to enforce the Rules.
The Dem. rules -- in just about every aspect -- are a mess. As much as I support Hillary, I'd be dismayed if she pulled a Teddy No-Pants at the convention unless there was some overwhelmingly clear reason to do so. It's undignified.

But for the Dem. bigwigs like Teddy to keep dissing Hillary when they will leave no stone unturned to get what THEY want, individually and collectively, is really hypocritical. I do hope that Hillary will cite campaign and physical fatigue to beg off campaigning for ANY Dem. interest.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:03 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
The Dem. rules -- in just about every aspect -- are a mess. As much as I support Hillary, I'd be dismayed if she pulled a Teddy No-Pants at the convention unless there was some overwhelmingly clear reason to do so. It's undignified.

But for the Dem. bigwigs like Teddy to keep dissing Hillary when they will leave no stone unturned to get what THEY want, individually and collectively, is really hypocritical. I do hope that Hillary will cite campaign and physical fatigue to beg off campaigning for ANY Dem. interest.
She won't. It will ruin the rest of her career, and she's too smart and has worked way too hard to get where she is. That said you can't fault the Dem's for how they treat the loser - they're consistent, they treat all losers the same, like drops of blood in the water.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
She won't. It will ruin the rest of her career, and she's too smart and has worked way too hard to get where she is. That said you can't fault the Dem's for how they treat the loser - they're consistent, they treat all losers the same, like drops of blood in the water.
Until they muck things up in the next election and then they wail about how they want the previous losers back to come to the convention and make everything nice again! Hahahahahaha

Old 05-09-2008, 04:58 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,519,093 times
Hillary as VP would be lousy idea. She is not one to take the back seat. Ever. With anyone. She is a Senator! That is a helluva lifetime achievement! If she doesn't get the party nomination this go round . . . she still has a great career ahead of her. (And I don't think she will get the nomination . . . but I think she is going to try to the bitter end).

Old 05-09-2008, 07:59 PM

580 posts, read 1,681,450 times
I support Hillary Clinton

I'm saying no to Hillary Clinton being Vice President, because I want her to be the president of the United States.

Woot Hillary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections