Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 06:17 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times

Advertisements

I thought it was funnier than hell. The guy didn't even seem to know who Neville Chamberlain was. The funniest part was when Mathews said, "this is dealing with someone who has a blank slate in terms of history."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 06:19 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,815 times
Typical hard-left move. It was an attack on the guys credibility rather than a discussion of the topic. (If he wasn't credible to discuss the subject, he should have been vetted prior to coming on.) That was real low class.

I hope that if it were me in his shoes, I'd just say "I don't know and I don't care." Atleast look like you have man-tools.

I bet he knows the subject a little better next time.

BTW: In regard to the preceding comment about O'Reilly, I've been watching him for about two years and have never seen anything like that. He's always respectful even when aggressive. I've never seen him try to humiliate anyone.

Last edited by One Thousand; 05-15-2008 at 06:31 PM..

Old 05-15-2008, 06:24 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Mathews was just trying to deflect the critisism of his Obama-love. Chamberlin was an appeaser, that's all that matters. I guess if the guy would have answered his question with specifics, he would be more credible in Chris's eyes? Not likely. He was just deflecting for his candidate.

We have already tried the stick with Iran, what else is left but Obama-carrots?

Exactly, HOW will he get Iran to forego their nuclear program? All he every says is "tough" diplomacy. We've been doing that. The whole world (mostly) has signed on to sanctions. How will he get them to change their course?

Just his very presence I guess would be enough to impress the crazy in Iran, right?

Old 05-15-2008, 06:33 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Mathews was just trying to deflect the critisism of his Obama-love. Chamberlin was an appeaser, that's all that matters. I guess if the guy would have answered his question with specifics, he would be more credible in Chris's eyes? Not likely. He was just deflecting for his candidate.

We have already tried the stick with Iran, what else is left but Obama-carrots?

Exactly, HOW will he get Iran to forego their nuclear program? All he every says is "tough" diplomacy. We've been doing that. The whole world (mostly) has signed on to sanctions. How will he get them to change their course?

Just his very presence I guess would be enough to impress the crazy in Iran, right?
I agree with you here. Most of the world is afraid of Iran getting nuclear weapons and have been trying to slow them down, to stop their program but to no avail. If the entire global community can't do it I doubt Obama can. You can't deal with a nation like Iran without a superior position. They don't care what anyone thinks and will do whatever they want regardless of the consequences. Having said that I am more concerned with what Israel will do if they feel so threatened that they need to step in and do the job nobody else could. That is a scary propect!

Old 05-15-2008, 06:44 PM

439 posts, read 605,942 times
Quote:
Oh goodness. What do you expect from mathews? The love of his life is going to be beaten over the head with this issue in the general. Of course he's upset. Even Mathews realizes things like this don't play well across America, except of course to the left, who support and root for America's enemies on a regular basis.

Put together with Hamas' support of Obama and Hamas sympathizers on his staff - looks extremely bad.
Sanrene why don't you watch it. This Kevin was stupid to put it mildly. He had no idea what the word meant. He acted like a child having a temper fit. If I were a republican I would be soooo insulted by this fellow Republican. So don't make excuses for this idiot.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:59 PM

I did watch it - live. Knowing that mathews is an Obama cheerleader, I thought he was defintely trying to deflect from the real issue, what the president said about democrats.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Having said that I am more concerned with what Israel will do if they feel so threatened that they need to step in and do the job nobody else could. That is a scary propect!
I think they will hit Iran, just as they did Syria. Especially if a weak, clueless, naive fool gets in the WH.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:08 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times
Quote:
I did watch it - live. Knowing that mathews is an Obama cheerleader, I thought he was defintely trying to deflect from the real issue, what the president said about democrats.
Chris did deflect the issue but the radio host should have done his homework. To not know the facts is no excuse. He unfortunately made Chris look intelligent and that is not an easy thing to do.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:40 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,399,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1000 View Post
OUCH.!! Chris Matthews is just hard.

President Bush, Senator McCain and Clinton supporters should read history.

YouTube - Radio Host Kevin James Walks into a Smackdown

I believe Kevin Walks would be crying after this interview. What did he do? What did he dooooooooooo?

LOL.
LMAO! Too funny! Chris Matthews gave him a taste of his own medicine. Kevin had no idea what he was talking about, and didn't even understand why Bush made his comment! Classic debate tactic. He totally fell into Chris's play.

If you are familiar with Matthew's background, you would never go on his show unprepared! This guy is a history buff...especially in terms of politics. He holds 16 honorary doctorates and has travelled the world. I don't feel sorry for Kevin at all...never underestimate your competition. Chris didn't! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections