Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:28 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
NCN, I didn't say that that was all he said. Do you recall the two reasons why he felt he had to say anything at all?

I think the feelings of many of the posters angry at Michelle Obama are expressed in the link below. You may recognize some of the quotes from Jim Geraghty, Jeff Emanuel and a number of conservative bloggers and commenters:

Blogtalk: Michelle Obama Under Fire - The Caucus - Politics - New York Times Blog

At the top, the author of the piece quotes her controversial words verbatim (my bolding):
What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback. And let me tell you something — for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I’ve seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues, and it’s made me proud.
There are also many outraged comments after the article.

I agree that she's skating on thin ice and is going to have to elaborate on her patriotism, more than a few times.
How many times is Obama trying to blame others, when he and his having bad judgment calls...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 10:41 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,544,627 times
Some of you may have been "proud" of America when it excluded millions of citizens from their liberties under the Constitution.

Some of you may have been "proud" when America's original people were stripped and cheated of their land, and made to live on reservations.

Some of you may have been "proud" when human beings were owned, kept, sold, and used as chattle property.

Some of you may have been "proud" when American citizens of Japanese descent were removed from their homes, and thrown into prison camps during war time.

Some of you may have been "proud" when an American who advocated non-violent social change was assassinated for his noble work.

Some of you may have been "proud" when millions of Americans had no right to vote, simply because of their race.

But as much as it threaten's some people desire for supremacy or superiority, America has to earn that pride and respect, just like any other society. And in many people's experience, America is finally earning that pride and respect.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:49 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
How many times is Obama trying to blame others, when he and his having bad judgment calls...?
Are you talking about "lay off my wife"? Who is he blaming, other than the TN Republican party, who were even denounced by McCain and the RNC.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:55 AM

102 posts, read 54,383 times
And the TN Republican party withdrew that statement after second thoughts.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:58 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Are you talking about "lay off my wife"? Who is he blaming, other than the TN Republican party, who were even denounced by McCain and the RNC.
Fox News, he always blames Fox news, or whoever he will blame, ecept him self or his wife for stating ridiculous things...

Old 05-20-2008, 11:05 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,051 times
The irony in this issue is delicious. The Obama campaign lied about what Bill Clinton said on the stump (claiming BC called Obama's candidacy a "fairy tale" when recordings clearly reflect him saying Obama's claims about the war were a fairy tale) so they could cry racism against him. Now they're moaning about how his wife should be left alone, especially over something she DID say on the stump??!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Shameless. Utterly shameless.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:20 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pot odds View Post
And the TN Republican party withdrew that statement after second thoughts.
Those second thoughts were put into their minds by the RNC.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:29 PM

Whatever. As long as they withdrew it, who cares?

Old 05-20-2008, 04:31 PM

[quote=teatime;3823973]The irony in this issue is delicious. The Obama campaign lied about what Bill Clinton said on the stump (claiming BC called Obama's candidacy a "fairy tale" when recordings clearly reflect him saying Obama's claims about the war were a fairy tale) so they could cry racism against him. Now they're moaning about how his wife should be left alone, especially over something she DID say on the stump??!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

/quote]

Such a maniacal cry.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:21 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,623,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Some of you may have been "proud" of America when it excluded millions of citizens from their liberties under the Constitution.

Some of you may have been "proud" when America's original people were stripped and cheated of their land, and made to live on reservations.

Some of you may have been "proud" when human beings were owned, kept, sold, and used as chattle property.

Some of you may have been "proud" when American citizens of Japanese descent were removed from their homes, and thrown into prison camps during war time.

Some of you may have been "proud" when an American who advocated non-violent social change was assassinated for his noble work.

Some of you may have been "proud" when millions of Americans had no right to vote, simply because of their race.

But as much as it threaten's some people desire for supremacy or superiority, America has to earn that pride and respect, just like any other society. And in many people's experience, America is finally earning that pride and respect.
I have always been proud to be an American. And I have American Indian and British Royal Family ancestors. Anybody can look for bad, but it takes a classy person to look for the good. America has done a lot of good for a lot of people. The best is to have the freedom to do for yourself and you are really lucky there is free speech.

My personal opinion is that Obama can just hang it up and go back to Chicago or wherever. He is just not qualified to lead a country. I am so glad people are beginning to realize that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections