Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:23 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times

Advertisements

FOXNews.com - Feminists Upset With Women's Rights Group They Thought Had Hillary Clinton's Back - Brit Hume | Special Report

Quote:
Last week's endorsement of Obama by the abortion rights group NARAL has prompted a flurry of criticism by feminists upset with the organization for turning its back on Hillary Clinton. Particularly upset are leaders of the state chapters who were not consulted before the national board's announcement.

New York NARAL chapter head Kelli Conlin tells The Politico newspaper the move created a firestorm, mystifying everyone — and prompting concerns about alienating NARAL's donor base. At one point there were more than 3,000 comments on NARAL's Web site — most negative. Even Obama supporters profess unhappiness with the endorsement.
I guess this isn't just a "couple" of discontent women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 08:47 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times
Geeez, how long does it take for them to dry off? I mean are they running into puddles so they can stay wet and mad?

Old 05-19-2008, 09:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Geeez, how long does it take for them to dry off? I mean are they running into puddles so they can stay wet and mad?
Surely you've heard the phrase "a woman scorned"?

I think it likely they will stay mad til about mid-November.

The Obamatons seem to forget something - not all these newly registered voters are for Obama. Many women are just as excited at the prospect of the first female presidential candidate (present company excepted).

Old 05-19-2008, 10:18 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Wow. I'm reading through those comments on their website and so far, all of them are extremely negative against NARAL for their endorsement. And surprising, many of the comments were made by MEN!! So there are a few mad wet roosters running around out there too.

NARAL really jumped the gun on their endorsement of Obama. I certainly will never consider supporting their group.

Go Hillary! w00t!!!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 950 times
Lightbulb Hillary Hens Going for McCain

Lately the internet has address a very old subject, "why women are their own worst enemy" in pertains to corporate bs that occurs in the work place, but in the case of women, it seems they tend to sabotage not only each other but themselves and if they are able to make it to the top, they take ladder with them. The mentality is nasty, spiteful, based on insecure conditioning. I took a great business course that addressed this issue. Many women need to take it. What does this have to do with the elections? All the sourness coming from the sticks in the mud Hillary camp who are now willing to vote McCain do so because they fit the ugly bitter hens I described above. They would rather continue this self sabotage rather than see truth. I'm a former Hillary supporter, I will vote for Obama. Why? Because issues for me are paying the bills on my home, getting my kids to a good school, keeping my family healthy at a reasonable cost. I consider myself a conservative although I cannot even recognize the republican party of today, because it has been taken over by right wing religious extremists. John McCain feels he has to connect to these people. The McCain's have never worried wither or not their second born should get hand me downs or new clothes. I don't think they worry about things the disappearing middle and working class folk do. How many Hillary Hens can relate to McCain's 7 glorious houses, Cindy's heiress lifestyle, the 100 million plus income? Not to mention the circle of Bushie's in the McCain camp. Hell has no fury then spiteful women and America has no hope with them in any office. - Vote Right - Not Spite.

Last edited by Yes2Change; 08-25-2008 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 08-25-2008, 11:07 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Awful lotta "one post" toms around here today clamouring for people to get on the Unity Pony.

What's the going rate per post these days, anyway?

Old 08-25-2008, 11:14 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Women are a majority. They need to stop acting like a victimized minority group.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:46 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Women are a majority. They need to stop acting like a victimized minority group.
Women are the most victimized "group" in the WORLD, despite their numerical advantage over men.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:59 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,968,785 times
This is really interesting. I was just thinking that what's going on right now really could polarize women - there is such fire on both sides (um who was NARAL going to endorse...McCain?!?!). Generationally, philosophically...we're at the beginning of a great divide, I think.

Then there is the subset of women who are hate Hillary, love Obama, but hate Biden - but are still voting for Obama.

I dunno what's going on with us but this is a big deal and won't go away for a long time.

I'm female, BTW.

Last edited by scorp200; 08-25-2008 at 12:21 PM..

Old 08-25-2008, 12:05 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,584,283 times
once again a bunch of "hens" that are mad because the next president wont be a woman. Thats all they care about, the issues dont matter to them at all. They wanted special treatment just because Hillary is a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections