Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 01:28 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times

Advertisements

So spiritual.

McCain Rejects Support Of Divisive Pastors, Statement Issued After Remarks About Hitler Revealed; Controversial Televangelist Endorsed McCain In February - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 07:14 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,804 times
Wake up, its time to stop dreaming now.

The untruthful posts about this have already been exposed.

And if, IF they were his pastors, at least he was a man about it unlike to other chump who still hasnt done it yet.

Prove either of these two were his pastor and I will apoligize.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:46 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

And if, IF they were his pastors, at least he was a man about it unlike to other chump who still hasnt done it yet.

They were not his pastors, but he did court their favor and endorsements and called them great American leaders, etc. The thing that is very telling is that when the hate filled speech was against Catholics, there was little outcry, when the hate filled speech was against gays, there was littel outcry, but when the spectre of the holocaust was raised, the whole house of cards fell.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:50 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

Even though I am a liberal, I have to agree with Sunshine on this one. McCain is running a smart campaign and will be hard to beat in November.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:01 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Even though I am a liberal, I have to agree with Sunshine on this one. McCain is running a smart campaign and will be hard to beat in November.
McCain has called Rev Parsley, “one of the truly great leaders in America, a moral compass, a spiritual guide.†McCain only distanced him from Hagee and Parsley when the outcry became too great, before then he was perfectly happy currying favor from his favorite neo nazi pastors.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:15 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
I didn't see anyone saying they were mcCain's pastors....so that red herring won't work

But from the OP link:

"""McCain actively courted Hagee, who leads a megachurch with a congregation in the tens of thousands and has an even wider television audience. Former GOP presidential rivals also sought Hagee's backing. """

Old 05-23-2008, 08:21 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,299 times
"Forced"? Yes he denounced them but do you have any kind of proof he was forced?

Old 05-23-2008, 08:59 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
"Forced"? Yes he denounced them but do you have any kind of proof he was forced?
If you mean was he physically forced, of course not. However, considering Hagee and his Hitler comments were all over the news yesterday, he was forced by a little thing called political expediency. The title of the thread is most appropriate.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:06 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,299 times
That's still different from being forced. Yes, it was the smart thing to do in all ways for all reasons but it still was his choice to do it. No coercion that can be proved.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:12 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Again, another conservative that has no clue what the term "forced" in political arena means. I'll be happy to define this for you.

Forced in political terms means "having no choice" not being choked down your throat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections