Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 12:31 PM

524 posts, read 839,487 times

Advertisements

US democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama’s “Punjab jab” against his rival contender Hillary Clinton has made it to Time magazine’s list of Top 10 Campaign Gaffes.

Listed No. 9 on Time’s list of presidential campaign trail faux pas is “The campaign of Democratic Senator Barack Obama referring to Clinton as ‘Hillary Clinton, D-Punjab,” in a jab at her work on behalf of Indian-Americans.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obama’s ‘Punjab jab’ on Time list of top gaffes « Politiconews’s Weblog
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow. So far he's managed to alienate European-Americans, Jewish people and Indians. I can only assume Hispanics will be next.

I never imagined it would be this much fun watching someone self-destruct...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 01:00 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Watching someone self-destruct by posting something that he never said personally, denounced, and distanced himself from 2 years ago?

Sheesh.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Watching someone self-destruct by posting something that he never said personally, denounced, and distanced himself from 2 years ago?

Sheesh.
LMAO! In case you haven't heard there's a list of his many lies and flubs about a half-mile long. Would you like me to post it here? I'd be happy to.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:20 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
LMAO! In case you haven't heard there's a list of his many lies and flubs about a half-mile long. Would you like me to post it here? I'd be happy to.
Don't you think you ought to fix the title of that other thread? I mean it still says Lieberman (D-IL). It not only looks foolish, but it reflects poorly on any posts you may make in the future....just saying.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:20 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
That remark did not even come directly from Obama, self destructing, indeed

FYI - McCain is at #4 for his "BOMB BOMB BOMB IRAN" song. Did you even look at the entire list, or just giddly single out Obama? Pretty much every candidate from this year is on there.
Quote:
"Bomb, bomb, bomb ... Bomb, bomb Iran"
— John McCain, singing along to the Beach Boys tune Barbara Ann in response to the question, "When do we send them an airmail message to Tehran?"

He stopped short of supporting an invasion of Iran, saying only "I totally support the President when he says we will not allow Iran to destroy Israel." Later, McCain campaign spokesman Kevin McLaughlin told ABC News that the Senator "was just trying to add a little humor to the event." When asked if his joke was insensitive, McCain responded: "Insensitive to what? The Iranians?" Liberal organization MoveOn.org later used footage of the comment to create an ad arguing against "another reckless President."

Old 05-29-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Would you like me to link you to the snopes.com page that debunks the first #11 entries, and then, with 10 minutes of simple internet research, tell you the rest is BS as well?

Old 05-29-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Don't you think you ought to fix the title of that other thread? I mean it still says Lieberman (D-IL). It not only looks foolish, but it reflects poorly on any posts you may make in the future....just saying.
That's addressed in *that thread*. Perhaps you should try glasses.

One of us certainly looks foolish now, don't they?

Old 05-29-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Would you like me to link you to the snopes.com page that debunks the first #11 entries, and then, with 10 minutes of simple internet research, tell you the rest is BS as well?
Yes, it's all BS, it's all made up, I know, I know, it's all a vast right-wing conspiracy.

Yawn.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
That's addressed in *that thread*. Perhaps you should try glasses.

One of us certainly looks foolish now, don't they?
So, what do you think about McCain being at #4 on the list? For a comment spoken from his own mouth?

Old 05-29-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Yes, it's all BS, it's all made up, I know, I know, it's all a vast right-wing conspiracy.

Yawn.
If you fact check - you will see it's 95% made up. But instead, you believe a chain letter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections