Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 01:10 PM

385 posts, read 626,649 times

Advertisements

Clinton and Obama supporters alike, now is the time to work together to achieve our main goal, to make sure that the American public does not elect a Republican to the white house who plans to continue the failed policies of the Bush administration!

There are certain Republicans/Libertarians/etc on this board who are trying to stir up the pot. They are posing as dissenchanted Clinton supporters, or endorsing a bid for Clinton to run as independent to cause chaos among our party. They are trying to divide and conquer us. Don't fall for their tactics! Let us be united against their strategy. They know they have a uphill battle ahead in the general election and are trying to get us to fight amongst ourselves right now to cause us to be weak. Stand strong against them!

To those independents and Republicans on this board who are not doing these things, I commend you. I don't dislike you, we just have a difference of opinion on what's best for this country. I hope Obama can convince some of you of his vision for America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 01:14 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,452,360 times
Rep points heading your way boywithstick!

Old 06-05-2008, 01:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
You might want to wait a bit. Give the mad wet hens a chance to dry off. Give the bitter, gun-clinging religious freaks a chance to cool their heels and comtemplate Obama a bit more. As well as the jewish and hispanic voters.

Oh, don't forget the white, working-class whites. They need time too.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:16 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,854,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
Clinton and Obama supporters alike, now is the time to work together to achieve our main goal, to make sure that the American public does not elect a Republican to the white house who plans to continue the failed policies of the Bush administration!

There are certain Republicans/Libertarians/etc on this board who are trying to stir up the pot. They are posing as dissenchanted Clinton supporters, or endorsing a bid for Clinton to run as independent to cause chaos among our party. They are trying to divide and conquer us. Don't fall for their tactics! Let us be united against their strategy. They know they have a uphill battle ahead in the general election and are trying to get us to fight amongst ourselves right now to cause us to be weak. Stand strong against them!

To those independents and Republicans on this board who are not doing these things, I commend you. I don't dislike you, we just have a difference of opinion on what's best for this country. I hope Obama can convince some of you of his vision for America.
I thought the democrat goal was to enslave mankind.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:16 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,162,407 times
School let out early today?

I agree. We shouldn't elect a Republican that will continue Dubya's policies. We should elect a Republican that will stand for the rule of law, sound monetary policy, and the Constitution.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:19 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You might want to wait a bit. Give the mad wet hens a chance to dry off. Give the bitter, gun-clinging religious freaks a chance to cool their heels and comtemplate Obama a bit more. As well as the jewish and hispanic voters.

Oh, don't forget the white, working-class whites. They need time too.
Well, eventually they gonna have to get with the program or embrace another ext. of pres. Bush. Hey, you forgot the white working class, hard working americans.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:20 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,450,395 times
I'm taking a seriously look at Barack Obama right now. Chances are 60/40 that I'll go with him over McCain.

The one thing I'll say is that Obama supporters need to back off bigtime. Talk about Obama's pluses, not Clinton's negatives. She's out of the race, there's no point talking about her anymore. We all still love her and if you want us to support Obama, talk about what's good about him.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:21 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,162,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
We all still love her and if you want us to support Obama, talk about what's good about him.
He gives a good speech. And Dave Matthews tickets.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Remember, these are dems/libs I'm talking about. Those that haven't yet fallen for Obama's BS. He's got a lot of work to do just on his side of the aisle.

Not mention the ever important indies.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:26 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,854,688 times
what obama supporters don't realize is that not many people vote in primaries. obama isn't as popular as they think. most normal people don't even start paying attention to this crap until september. by that time, my guess is that obama isn't going to be very popular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections