Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:50 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,611,395 times

Advertisements

Ahh, you've got to love those who fear, forget and discredit the youth vote.

INDEPENDENTS for Obama 08
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 07:50 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,831,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
We've heard that song. We're interested in the new music releases. Scott's drum seem to have a tune the Electorate is interested in hearing. I wonder what instrument Rove plays in this new band of merrymen.
We'll see if the voters tune in to the Scott's or the Wrights.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
We'll see if the voters tune in to the Scott's or the Wrights.
Scott isn't going away.

For Immediate Release Contact: Jonathan Godfrey May 30, 2008 Melanie Roussell
(Washington, DC) - Today, House Judiciary Commitee Chairman John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI) released the following statement in response to revelation about the Valerie Plame CIA leak made in former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan's new book, What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington's Culture of Deception:

"I find Mr. McClellan's revelations about attempts to cover-up the Valerie Plame leak extremely troubling. Particularly disturbing is McClellan's assertion that he was specifically directed by Andy Card to 'vouch' for Scooter Libby after the investigation had begun, which, if true, could amount to obstruction of justice beyond that for which Mr. Libby has already been convicted.

"I believe this issue may require closer examination so I have instructed my counsels to begin discussions with Mr. McClellan to determine whether a hearing is necessary and to secure his possible cooperation."

And so neither is Rove...

For Immediate Release Contact: Jonathan Godfrey May 22, 2008 Melanie Roussell
(Washington, DC)- Today, House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI) issued a subpoena to former White House Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove for testimony about the politicization of the Department of Justice (DOJ), including former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman's case. Yesterday, Rove's attorney, Robert Luskin, sent a letter to the committee expressing that Rove would not agree to testify voluntarily, per the committee's previous requests.

"It is unfortunate that Mr. Rove has failed to cooperate with our requests," Conyers said. "Although he does not seem the least bit hesitant to discuss these very issues weekly on cable television and in the print news media, Mr. Rove and his attorney have apparently concluded that a public hearing room would not be appropriate. Unfortunately, I have no choice today but to compel his testimony on these very important matters."

Separately, Chairman Conyers recently received a letter from DOJ's Office of Professional Responibility (OPR) indicating that the office has opened an investigation into allegations of selective prosecution of Siegelman and others.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:57 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,183,867 times
Frog-marching days....

Old 06-04-2008, 08:14 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,769,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
All joking aside, considering McCain's advanced age, he is most likely incontinent, meaning there is a really good possibility that he does indeed wear adult diapers.
Hey, could you take on some personal responsibility, check that assumption out, give us all the straight skinny?

Old 06-04-2008, 08:38 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,831,367 times
Quote:
Scott isn't going away.

For Immediate Release Contact: Jonathan Godfrey May 30, 2008 Melanie Roussell
(Washington, DC) - Today, House Judiciary Commitee Chairman John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI) released the following statement in response to revelation about the Valerie Plame CIA leak made in former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan's new book, What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington's Culture of Deception:

"I find Mr. McClellan's revelations about attempts to cover-up the Valerie Plame leak extremely troubling. Particularly disturbing is McClellan's assertion that he was specifically directed by Andy Card to 'vouch' for Scooter Libby after the investigation had begun, which, if true, could amount to obstruction of justice beyond that for which Mr. Libby has already been convicted.

"I believe this issue may require closer examination so I have instructed my counsels to begin discussions with Mr. McClellan to determine whether a hearing is necessary and to secure his possible cooperation."

And so neither is Rove...

For Immediate Release Contact: Jonathan Godfrey May 22, 2008 Melanie Roussell
(Washington, DC)- Today, House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI) issued a subpoena to former White House Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove for testimony about the politicization of the Department of Justice (DOJ), including former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman's case. Yesterday, Rove's attorney, Robert Luskin, sent a letter to the committee expressing that Rove would not agree to testify voluntarily, per the committee's previous requests.

"It is unfortunate that Mr. Rove has failed to cooperate with our requests," Conyers said. "Although he does not seem the least bit hesitant to discuss these very issues weekly on cable television and in the print news media, Mr. Rove and his attorney have apparently concluded that a public hearing room would not be appropriate. Unfortunately, I have no choice today but to compel his testimony on these very important matters."

Separately, Chairman Conyers recently received a letter from DOJ's Office of Professional Responibility (OPR) indicating that the office has opened an investigation into allegations of selective prosecution of Siegelman and others.

Exciting stuff. I'm guessing that'll get many hits if you upload it to YouTube

Old 06-04-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Exciting stuff. I'm guessing that'll get many hits if you upload it to YouTube
lol...I bet the media is just slathering at the opportunity to boost their summer ratings, blow this waay out of proportion, beat us all to death with it, side track every major issue and boost the heck out of their credibility. There's no way they'll let go of their big-tent -greatest show on Earth now!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:50 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,248,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Actually, Obama worked with the GOP nearly a decade in the Illinois senate. McCain is a "maverick" who votes with Bush 95% of the time.

The only thing that will play out in November is McCain's age, his warmongering, and the fact that he just signed a bill that says that veterans should only get more benefits if they fight for YET ANOTHER TOUR OF DUTY in Bush's war, and thinks the Iraqi government is more importand than our troops.

There are mavericks in the GOP and one ran for president, and was the only one who could have beaten Obama, but, you did not give Ron Paul the chance, so guess what? The GOP looses. End of story.
Very true. I think McCain missed his chance 8 years ago - he's too old and it's obvious he's going down hill. He comes across as a winy old man who should be more concerned about the Early Bird Special at Shady Pines than someone trying to run the country. He'll look terrible in debates against Obama.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:57 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,183,867 times
Quote:
Scott isn't going away.
Conyers and the OPR have been working on this a long time, why is it suddenly lurching forward now? I cant imagine it's Scott, he could have just gone to his lawyer and ratted out Rove, Card, Bush et al., gotten involved with prosecutions, then published a book for a lot more money. And it appears it's just another case of his word against theirs anyway.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:59 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,167,184 times
Quote:
lol...I bet the media is just slathering at the opportunity to boost their summer ratings, blow this waay out of proportion, beat us all to death with it, side track every major issue and boost the heck out of their credibility. There's no way they'll let go of their big-tent -greatest show on Earth now!
Ya, I guess they learned that from the Republicans going after Clinton for something Americans couldn't have cared less about Your post describes that perfectly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections