Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 09:33 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,817,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkdoc View Post
... Canada and Europe are going to look really good.
Didn't lots of celebrities say that last election? I didn't notice any leave........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 09:39 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Bush:
...illegal wiretapping scheme.
Wiretapping overseas phone calls is not illegal. It was also done during the Clinton Administration.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:26 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
Didn't lots of celebrities say that last election? I didn't notice any leave........

No. But they felt like leaving and that's what really counts.

Feelings.

As in "you and all of your conservative friends don't have any".

Old 06-06-2008, 04:56 AM

524 posts, read 839,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

Feelings.

This is so ridiculous it's just friggin hilarious.

Let me get this straight - by your (kool-aid induced?) "logic":

If someone feels like going to work, but they do not, it only matters that they felt like going?

Conversely, if someone feels like breaking the law, but they do not, it only matters that they felt like doing it?

Orwell, can you hear me? (cue crickets chirping)

As for your last lame attempt up there at what I assume was supposed to be a verbal jab, let me say this: Conservatives do have feelings, I want you all to know. We just don't have as much time for them. You see, plotting an evil takeover of the entire world takes a lot of time and planning. Granted, it is a vast conspiracy and all, you got us there. But still, these things take time.

The truth is the left needs to toughen up and grow a collective pair of b*#@s. Ironic that the only pair, on anyone in my former party, just happen to be attached to a woman - one Senator Hillary Clinton.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:58 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

Feelings.

Right!

And as uber-feeling DNC pres Howie Dean said it best....Democrats CARE that children go to bed hungry!

Cue a chorus of FEELINGS and let's all hold hands and admire a picture of Barry Obama savior of humankind and his wife, SHE WHO CAN'T BE MENTIONED.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:01 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post

This is so ridiculous it's just friggin hilarious.

Let me get this straight - by your (kool-aid induced?) "logic":

If someone feels like going to work, but they do not, it only matters that they felt like going?

Conversely, if someone feels like breaking the law, but they do not, it only matters that they felt like doing it?

Orwell, can you hear me? (cue crickets chirping)

As for your last lame attempt up there at what I assume was supposed to be a verbal jab, let me say this: Conservatives do have feelings, I want you all to know. We just don't have as much time for them. You see, plotting an evil takeover of the entire world takes a lot of time and planning. Granted, it is a vast conspiracy and all, you got us there. But still, these things take time.

The truth is the left needs to toughen up and grow a collective pair of b*#@s. Ironic that the only pair, on anyone in my former party, just happen to be attached to a woman - one Senator Hillary Clinton.
Nope. Sarcasm. Nobody's THAT whacked out. But then again....

Old 06-06-2008, 09:54 AM

524 posts, read 839,487 times
Oh thank god. I actually thought you were serious.

+1 for being funny. We certainly could use some more levity around here.....

Old 06-06-2008, 12:53 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
he wants to raise taxes while lowering revenue. is he retarded?

Obama wants to roll back the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest 2% of Americans. Most of us would not see tax increases...And I've never seen anything where Obama says he wants to lower revenue. Oh, some of his policies could potentially result in lower revenues, but why would anybody want lower revenues?

And lastly, I can't tell you why, but Democrats have usually been better for the stock market.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:57 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
he wants to raise taxes while lowering revenue. is he retarded?

Obama wants to roll back the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest 2% of Americans. Most of us would not see tax increases...And I've never seen anything where Obama says he wants to lower revenue. Oh, some of his policies could potentially result in lower revenues, but why would anybody want lower revenues?

And lastly, I can't tell you why, but Democrats have usually been better for the stock market.
roll back? is that like the re-deployment? he wants to scrap the tax cuts that effect 1/3 of americans. doesn't sound like the top 2% to me. watch the video. this is from a debate. it's not a conspiracy.

YouTube - Barack Obama on Taxes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections