Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 04:23 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,229,346 times

Advertisements

Are the people who supported Hillary and say they will now vote for McCain instead of Obama the same people who said they would move to Canada if Bush won in 2004 but didn't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 04:29 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Are the people who supported Hillary and say they will now vote for McCain instead of Obama the same people who said they would move to Canada if Bush won in 2004 but didn't?
No. The people who said they would move to Canada are now Obama supporters.

Most of the Hillary supporters who are voting for McCain are older Democrats, females, working class, and gay Democrats. I think a lot of Hillary's ethnic vote will go for McCain too but I don't think many of them post on boards. (I live in an area in California with a lot of Asians who went 3:1 for Hillary -- and I think there is one Obama yard sign like 2 miles from my house. He's not popular here.)

Old 06-08-2008, 04:31 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Here is another good link to a website with information on Obama. Some good reading.

The Obama File
That site quickly gets down to destroying its credibility by saying that Obama is a Muslim. And it prominently displayed this quote of Obama. I'm supposed to be against him because he said this? I don't think so:

"I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

Old 06-08-2008, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
That site quickly gets down to destroying its credibility by saying that Obama is a Muslim. And it prominently displayed this quote of Obama. I'm supposed to be against him because he said this? I don't think so:

"I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
Here is a better website for you: SAVAGE POLITICS

I don't believe they have any "Obama is a Muslim" stuff. The site appears to be factual with references. (I haven't looked at all of it.)

Old 06-08-2008, 04:37 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
No. The people who said they would move to Canada are now Obama supporters.

Most of the Hillary supporters who are voting for McCain are older Democrats, females, working class, and gay Democrats. I think a lot of Hillary's ethnic vote will go for McCain too but I don't think many of them post on boards. (I live in an area in California with a lot of Asians who went 3:1 for Hillary -- and I think there is one Obama yard sign like 2 miles from my house. He's not popular here.)
I'm a Hillary voter who wouldn't want to vote for McCain in a million years. I will be voting for Obama as long as he overcomes and survives all the garbage and nonsense going around about him. If not, I'll just vote for a 3rd party candidate or leave the presidential part of my ballot unmarked.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:37 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
unless people are disgusted with both sides by election day.
Of course people will be disgusted with both sides by election day. Mud slinging in every direction will make everyone numb by November.

As for Democrats Against Obama--I'm glad I live in a country where everyone is free to express their political opinion.

And UB50, I'm glad you found a forum where you can express your rage. Because you're going to be feeling a lot more of it. Like it or not, HRC is no longer running. Instead of finding the best second choice for your needs, you choose to have one over-heated temper tantrum after another. You know what--no matter who wins, the next president is going to make you furious. But that's ok--I think you mostly fume because like fuming. If you don't, get over it and pick the remaining candidate that serves your needs.

Last edited by normie; 06-08-2008 at 04:51 AM..

Old 06-08-2008, 04:58 AM

Officially, I'm not really a Democrat against Obama. I'm a Democrat against the Democrat Party. The Party is the one that really let the "lifelong" Democrats down.

Obama is what he is -- which is something that I would never vote for but that is beside the point. Or maybe that is the point? Why would the Democrat party saddle us with a candidate that has NO EXPERIENCE and is so UNDERQUALIFIED to be President except as an Affirmative Action candidate? He spent less than 150 days in the Senate before they decided to put him up as a Presidential candidate. Excuse me? But this is the highest office this country has. It's also one of the most powerful jobs in the WORLD! I just can't get behind this. Sorry. But I can't sign on and I won't vote for him. I think the whole idea of having him run for president of the USA is just an absolute joke. There are other African Americans who are far more qualified than Obama to be President but they didn't put them up to run -- and that ticks me off. It's like they are trying to pit their various constituencies against each other. Anyway, I'm not happy with all of this. I'm seriously wondering if I really want to be a Democrat any longer.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:04 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'm seriously wondering if I really want to be a Democrat any longer.
It's good to check out the other parties. You owe it to yourself to find the right fit for you. The rnc works well for a lot of people. Or maybe you'll be happiest with the libertarians.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:38 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Democrats who would rather vote for 4 more years of what we have experienced over the last 8 need to stop claiming to be Democrats (if you are indeed Democrats, and I do have my doubts).

Obama is the nominee save your petitions, your psuedo-Democratic websites. Just change your registration and vote for the Party that better suits your interest, stupid and idiotic wars, poor economics, and a decline of civil liberties.
I so agree with that. I am a lifelong Democrat too and, only one time in my voting life- which began with Jimmy Carter vs Gerald Ford- have I voted for Republican (Bush 1 vs Dukakis). I have held my nose and voted for some Democrats I did not especially care for- such as Walter Mondale- who never should have been the nominee or the VP. I would have voted for Hillary too although I do not especially like her. I might point out that most of these elections were less turbulent times than we are seeing now. In this environment- with the economy and the war- anybody that would vote for McCain is really a Republican. And they should quit telling lies to us and themselves and register as such. It would be better for them and better for us.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:48 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Exactly. Now you feel my pain. I will not be one to sit home and not vote, but I can't vote for Obama. We have not seen the real Obama. He wears a mask. Too many issues swirl around him.

Obama isn't any more for gays than McCain. Both the same. At least I'd rather see the hate coming straight toward me from McCain and have time to react. What is the old saying??? Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer?
If you think that than there is nothing anybody can say that will remove the mask from your face and let you see the light. ALL the major gay and lesbian organizations are supporting the Democrats this year with the sole exception of the Log Cabin bunch and they have always been Republicans. Do you think organizations like GALA and gay newspapers would endorse a candidate that hates them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections