Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 08:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Look who is the economic policy director for Obama: The New York Sun

This does not bode well for America!!!!!
Wait a minute.. Didnt Obama criticize Hillary Clinton for being on the Wal-Mart Board in 1985, even though his wife was getting money from doing business with Wal-Mart in 2007? Didnt Obama also criticize Wal-Mart for their anti-union movement?

Wow.. this guy is all over the board on this, and the problem is, the american people wont care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 08:34 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
There are alot of us Democrats that shop at Wal*Mart and we well remember what life was like before Wal*Mart. I buy lots of things at Wal*Mart (although groceries come from Costco and Kroger) and when you bash Wal*Mart you are bashing alot of Democrats. We are not all Volvo driving latte sippers you know. Quite a few of us work for a living too.
But KevK.. shouldnt you be all anti Wal-Mart? As much as you hate big business, Wal-Mart is the signature company that is so large, anti business, anti unions and "living wages"...

I'm curious why the support for Wal-Mart when you hate every other big company.. Ahh, I see, it benefits you.. Go attack those companies that you dont use, but leave the ones you do use alone.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:39 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:

I really CAN NOT VOTE FOR HIM!!!! I just can't.
Well luckily you live somewhere where you don't have to

Old 06-10-2008, 09:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
The crooked Fannie Mae guy really bothers me. There's no way they didnt recognize that what he stands for is at odds with their entire message. To quote Kevin Kline - "DISAPPOINTED!!!"
Does it also bother you that Eric Holder is on the team. He orchestrated one of Bubba's most infamous pardons - Mark Rich.

So his very FIRST appointments clearly display his lack of judgement.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:50 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,263,237 times
intriguing title, but then when i saw UB50 under the title, i found it kinda hard to take it seriously - knowing that it would be a skewed and ridiculous bunch of nonsense.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:58 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
The crooked Fannie Mae guy is the one doing the VP Search -- yes?

Yeah, well that one is bad too.

But this Wal-Mart admirer is going to frame Obama's economic story....

I'm not real enthused about Obama and his economic ideas.

PLEASE BRING HILLARY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Walmart model is a classic economic study at the University level and is reflective of transitioning to a global market and the use of technology to increase productivity and reduce production margins. Forget the social implications of health care they are a model of increased productivity which is what has kept our economy growing. When you buy a product at Walmart the ordering and assembling process to replace it begins automatically.

Wal-Mart: Template for 21st Century Capitalism?

Wal-Mart is noted for its low-price, low-wage, globally-sourced business model, a strategy that has achieved precision control of manufacturing, inventory, and distribution by taking full advantage of the world’s new telecommunications infrastructure. It is not entirely unique in this regard, but it is by far the most successful and the most influential corporation of this sort, which is why its presence in a range of new markets, including toys, groceries, auto repair, music, and upscale consumer durables has generated such a wave of social and economic change. Indeed, Wal-Mart perfectly embodies the process of “creative destruction” identified by Joseph Schumpeter as the engine by which one mode of capitalist production and distribution is replaced by another. And as Schumpeter made clear, every set of technological and organizational innovations not only reconfigures the economic landscape, but it also casts a cultural and moral shadow across all of society.

Like it or not they are still along with Costco retailers who are prospering in this environment. Isn't that what we want in our leaders? Successful models and not PC correct ones?

Old 06-10-2008, 11:00 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,263,237 times
Quote:
I thought you loved Obama?

The whole thing is a big concern -- plus the fact that Obama changes what he believes from week to week to week. Today he'll love Wal-Mart, tomorrow he'll hate it.

I really CAN NOT VOTE FOR HIM!!!! I just can't.
then just dont. we're sick of hearing about it.

but please do me just this one favor:

1- go sit in front of a mirror.

2- look yourself in the eyes.

3- put on a big ****-eatin' grin and say, "i like where this economy is going right now. i like the direction this country has been going in for the last 7 years. we need to stay this course".

4- run out and cast your ballot for John McCain.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post

3- put on a big ****-eatin' grin and say, "i like where this economy is going right now. i like the direction this country has been going in for the last 7 years. we need to stay this course".

I like most Americans with a brain are better off then we were 8 years ago. Wow what economic expansion and prosperity. Now some might not be as well off as they were two years ago but that is still well ahead of 8 years ago. Especially when you factor in 9/11. Now of course you had to take advantage of the opportunities that existed. If you bought a new house with an ARM in 2006 duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. If you bought a fixed rate in 2000 wow you are still way ahead of the ball game. Did the individual invest? Take advantage of the post 9/11 run up? Did they study and major in a field that had a high employability rate or did they go to have fun and study Graphic Design or Political Science? Decisions made are the foundation of where you are today. No candidate is going to bail you out from stupidity. Oh wait I think they are considering wind fall profits to help bail out people who can't afford to put gas in their guzzlers. How about selective gas price relief by government?

Old 06-10-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post

I did what you said Bro but they told me the polls didn't open again for months.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:12 AM

FSENX: Summary for FIDELITY SELECT ENERGY - Yahoo! Finance

Yah man I love it love it. Pays for gas and vacations and the good things we all work hard for. I know Bush has screwed some things up but the prosperity for a lot of us is just rolling along.

Go Status Quo
Go Exxon/Mobil
Go the wisdom to invest and share in our great prosperity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections