Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Could your mind change before the election?
Yes, I could change my vote between now and then 17 23.94%
No, I am voting for Obama 22 30.99%
No, I am voting for McCain 22 30.99%
Voting for other/Not sure 10 14.08%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 05:11 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I'm probably way off on this, but I've been hoping it's an announcement that she WILL run as an Independent.
I'm telling you. DO NOT underestimate her and Bill.

She is still out there, waiting for any kind of misstep or disaster from Obama. I will not be reassured until I see her feet sticking out from under the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 05:50 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
Yes you may! Going into the primaries, it was a "R". Long ago it was a "G". Now it's an "R" for VP.

So I take it you fall into the "Democrats right or wrong" group??? This can be very dangerous thinking and you might want to consider who the best candidate is rather than his/her party.

Think of Liberals, Democrats, Moderates, Republicans, Conservatives as a sliding scale and find out where you fit in. Look at the issues, not the party. And always, always be careful what you wish for. Think about the Pied Piper and beware the golden tongue.

So in other words, because Bush is a Republican, all Republicans are incompetent "asses" and "morons"? That's clear thinking.

I'm proud to say that I keep an open mind and recognize and respect many clear thinking Democrats. Sadly, none of them are running for President.
Yes, I do have clear thinking & it is never along the conservative line. I am a democrat, hence why I vote democrat. Makes sense, yes?

Old 06-17-2008, 05:56 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,235,498 times
I'm neither Dem. or Rep., I'm third party. I vote for who I feel is the best candidate regardless of their party, but my mind is made up that I will NOT be voting for Obama. So it's either going to be McCain or a third party candidate.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:33 PM

580 posts, read 1,681,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
100%;I thought there was no way in he** you would for vote for Obama. What happened?
Somehow Hillary Clinton left the race, leaving me once again a undecided voter.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:35 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,696,707 times
Default No for Osama

If you dont want more of the Bush era then why vote Obama? McCain is the one with the experience, the smarts, the right people backing him. Look who backs Obama! Gore, Hillary! Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyNice View Post
I will be voting for Obama. I didn't vote for Bush in 2000 or 2004, why would I vote for him now? There is no way I would vote for Bush's third term.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:06 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I want to see some real debates b/w McCain and Obama. I won't waste a vote on a write in or 3rd party. I just don't like Obama and while McCain seems like a good guy, I seriously question his abilities. What a horrible choice we have this year.

I agree. I don't like either of them....although I was never a huge Hillary Clinton fan, I probably would have voted for her as a lesser-of-two-evils against McCain. But Obama is way too far on the extreme left for me....look up his abortion position and how he voted against the Born Alive Infants Protection Act.....he basically thinks its OK to shelve live babies and leave them to die of exposure.

And I can't vote for McCain (McBush or McSame, as I like to call him)...he's too much of a warmonger for me.

I wish Ron Paul would consider running as an independent.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:24 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,583,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Could your mind change before the election? (given that something huge doesn't happen between now and November)
Oh there is always something that will happen, its politics, we are basically all waiting for a miracle.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:37 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
We need to be praying hard to whatever god is out there for that miracle. Because the "messiah" we are stuck with now ain't the real deal. And McJuan is only a marginal improvement. Everybody on their knees....'cause we're in lots of trouble.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:50 AM

956 posts, read 1,234,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyNice View Post
I will be voting for Obama. I didn't vote for Bush in 2000 or 2004, why would I vote for him now? There is no way I would vote for Bush's third term.
This argument is so old, so tired. It is such a "talking point" overused and basically an empty argument.

Such a shame that the Democrats can't do better than that. For your sake, I hope they come up with something better. It certainly won't be this insane ad with the mother saying she won't let Alex fight in a hundred year war. Another tired talking point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Yes, I do have clear thinking & it is never along the conservative line. I am a democrat, hence why I vote democrat. Makes sense, yes?
I never said you weren't thinking clearly ... I suggested you might be thinking dangerously if you confine yourself to one party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I'm neither Dem. or Rep., I'm third party. I vote for who I feel is the best candidate regardless of their party, but my mind is made up that I will NOT be voting for Obama. So it's either going to be McCain or a third party candidate.
While I understand your feelings on this, voting for a third party candidate is either a wasted vote or a statement against the two major party candidates.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:45 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
I never said you weren't thinking clearly ... I suggested you might be thinking dangerously if you confine yourself to one party.
Well actually, this is what you said....
Quote:
So in other words, because Bush is a Republican, all Republicans are incompetent "asses" and "morons"? That's clear thinking.
I also didn't call Republicans incompotenent asses, I said after 8 long ass years. I don't think it's dangerous to vote for one party, if I don't agree w/a party's views on things, why ever would I vote for them if I agree w/at least one if not most views of another party? I do not agree w/republicans ideas on things I consider important to me, I do however agree w/democrats views on those same things. This is why I am a democrat, not a republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections