Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will McCain drop out prior to the GOP convention?
Yes, it's a strong possiblity and would be good for the party 3 6.12%
No. Not a chance. He's in it for the long haul 27 55.10%
Maybe. Stranger things have happened 8 16.33%
Don't care. I wouldn't vote Republican no matter who they threw up there 11 22.45%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:08 PM

109 posts, read 158,817 times

Advertisements

I think McCains 92 year old mother might take him behind the wood shed if he thought about dropping out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 10:06 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times
No.

I think we should ask if Obama will drop out. We could put Clinton in his place.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:24 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
No.

I think we should ask if Obama will drop out. We could put Clinton in his place.
Right. So we can watch her lose.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:27 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Right. So we can watch her lose.
Exactly.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:40 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
I've heard the same thing & that the inside scoop is that Pat Robinson is quietly collecting money from his 700 Club tv ministry. Robinson was recently quoted as saying, "I am the only hope for the GOP since the heathen Democrats are causing so much of God's wrath. God told me himself that the flooding in the Midwest is b/c Obama doesn't wear his American flag lapel more than once a week".

Yes, Pat Robinson sees this as a real opportunity to put the Republican party back on the right track. Part of Robinson's platform is that not only school prayer will be instituted but that students will memorize whole chapters of the Old Testament, esp the parts about how God created the earth in 7 days & that where Noah brought on his boat every animal & insect in the whole-wide world.

You know, Pat's quite a singer & promises to sing his addresses to the nation starting with "Gimme that old time religion" & the ever-popular, "Watch out cause God's mad at you" [Pat promises to sing the latter when addressing the ungodly Democrats.

Boy, I bet some Republicans are getting so excited that they are about to pee their pants just waiting for Rev. Robinson to save America.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:45 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post
This seems to be a ridiculous question, but I'm tending to believe that it's a real possibility. Some of my reasoning is based on an article I saw the other day that stated that McCain will pull out of accepting the nomination because of health reasons. Sorry I don't have that commentary to post here, but it does raise some questions. The pollsters, political pundits and the like have been beating this age thing about McCain for months and I suspect that it'll continue to get louder as the weeks pass by. The other thing playing into this possible scenario are the polls. Now I will agree that putting out a new poll practically every day is way over the top and shouldn't matter five months from the election, but face it McCain is losing ground or is behind Obama in almost every poll covering almost every demographic. This isn't good for him or the party. Not to mention the dismal shape the GOP is in heading into this election, a very unpopular Republican (although RINO) president, a very poor economy etc. This article suggests that McCain will drop out sometime in August throwing the GOP convention open to choose a candidate to replace him. This would diminish any momentum Obama may have then, including the fact that the Dems would be set to meet in August anyway and it would allow the GOP to put a fresh face to the voters with little time to vet much about him/her. Finally the article concludes by offering some possible replacements should McCain drop out. These included Condi Rice, Colin Powell, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee etc. The problem I have is that these are all familiar names to voters and many have been vetted in the public. Not to mention that Rice and Powell have ties to the Bush administration

So what do you think? Is it possible or likely that McCain will drop out and not accept the nomination? If so who would the GOP turn to for Nov.

Here is the article. For what it's worth it's from the Huffington Post.

When McCain Drops Out - Yahoo! News (broken link)
The problem with that, is that the GOP doesn't have a backup plan in place. McCain IS their candidate.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:09 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
No really, Pat Robinson is in the wings just waiting for his opportunity to re-enter the GOP as the presidential candidate & reliable sources report that Rev Robinson has already picked his choice for VP !

None other than Alan Keyes! Robinson figures that if the Democrats can go "ethic" so can he & nobody is better suited to represent the Black community than Keyes!

Watch out Democrats b/c the Republican party is part of God's kingdom & Pat has regular visions of God's anger over the heathens who believe in equal rights/healthy citizens & healthy water/air/diplomacy/low deficits but most important sexual blasphemy as evidenced by 2 men kissing in public. God reminds Rev Pat that the Islamic god says homosexuals are to be executed & that Robinson needs to get busy passing legislation to execute those sissyboys here so America can keep up with Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections