Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:50 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,750 times

Advertisements

Does ANYONE know WHAT are the "millions of new green jobs" that Obama promises???

He keeps trying to sell this, except he does NOT say WHAT jobs these would be (what would these people do, what kind of training do they need, etc), HOW these jobs will be created (private investment? foreign capital? government?), WHERE they will be created (could be in China, for all we know!), and WHO will create these jobs (government? corporations)?

Finally, WHY would we need millions of people working on (unknown 'green jobs')???? We don't even know what a "green job" is!?!?!

Does anyone have any clues??? Or is this just another Barack Obama ploy??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 01:02 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,511 times
I know.

The "green" jobs are an expansion of the welfare net. They've been here for a long time. However, they're generally considered nothing more than a hobby. In the post-partisan era of Obama-- where passive-aggressive commentary and subtle acrimony will be prized over sincere discussion-- all those losers who sit on their butts complaining about the rich will begin to get welfare checks. In this way, they'll be paid to be green with envy.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:17 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Does anyone know where those millions of jobs went that were "CERTAIN" to be created by bushCo giving the upper 2% of the wealthiest Americans a big tax break?????

Old 06-24-2008, 01:35 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Does anyone know where those millions of jobs went that were "CERTAIN" to be created by bushCo giving the upper 2% of the wealthiest Americans a big tax break?????
Bush is already President at the last of his term and is not running again....

Old 06-24-2008, 01:37 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Bush is already President at the last of his term and is not running again....

Oh?

But it was a great way to avoid an answer......

Old 06-24-2008, 02:54 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
Default Another desperate bash Obama thread

Pathetic. Stay tuned. Obama's plans are in the works, and promise to be far superior than anything the sorry Republican party can devise.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:41 AM

955 posts, read 2,158,232 times
Default Green Jobs or Transfer of Wealth

When you listen to Obama talk about energy you certainly do not hear any specifics with regards to "green jobs". My immigrant grandparents and my parents, like most of yours, thought green jobs provided green every Friday.

Listen closely to Obama, and you do not hear about jobs. You hear about redistribution of income - his solution to energy is to provide subsidies to encourage people to remain out of the workforce. He does not want to create jobs, he wants to create programs which distribute money to certain segments of the population.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:57 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,036,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperPeninsulaRon View Post
When you listen to Obama talk about energy you certainly do not hear any specifics with regards to "green jobs". My immigrant grandparents and my parents, like most of yours, thought green jobs provided green every Friday.

Listen closely to Obama, and you do not hear about jobs. You hear about redistribution of income - his solution to energy is to provide subsidies to encourage people to remain out of the workforce. He does not want to create jobs, he wants to create programs which distribute money to certain segments of the population.
Well, by the sounds of it, if Obama gets elected I wouldn't have to work ever again . I guess that doesn't matter since he's going to confiscate our jobs anyways.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:40 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
Green Economy, Green Jobs - NEW EUROPE - The European News Source (http://www.neurope.eu/articles/87863.php - broken link)

Engine of growth: clean-tech jobs | csmonitor.com

Look to Germany - they're light years ahead of us.

Quote:
Germany's clean energy effort has resulted in 235600 jobs in 2006

Old 06-24-2008, 07:01 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
I'd imagine millions of jobs would be created by implementation of just One part of his plan - "begin transition to a new digital electricity grid".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections