Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would be McCain's best bet for VP?
Tim Pawlenty 0 0%
Joe Lieberman 3 7.69%
Mitt Romney 16 41.03%
Mike Huckabee 3 7.69%
Bobby Jindal 6 15.38%
Sarah Palin 5 12.82%
Charlie Christ 1 2.56%
Jeb Bush 1 2.56%
Other 4 10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 01:47 PM

717 posts, read 775,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
McCain will win Florida whether or not Crist is on the ticket.

If I HAD to choose, it would be Romney - he could be a problem though, Unfortunately, a lot of evangelicals/religious right don't like him due to his faith.

He needs a candidate that will bring the conservatives while still appealing to the indies/moderate dems. Not Huckabee - nice guy but wears his religion on his sleeve. Hopefully a fiscal conservative that is respected by the base.

So...you need to expand your list.

You forgot Hill&Bill, Bloomberg - McCain can stick his finger deeper into the eyes of conservatives.
Although Bloomberg is fiscally conservative and is not a backer of a big Government
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 01:49 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,997,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Knowing McCain, he will probably pick someone who will shoot himself in the foot.
Well thats better than the previous VP candidates that just shoot other people in the face.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:51 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,710,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Well thats better than the previous VP candidates that just shoot other people in the face.
so funny.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:55 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,654,748 times
It would be interesting (and potentially an exceptionally smart and brave move) if McCain were to pick Leiberman. Think of it ---- a rep president and a dem vp? No one could accuse Mccain of being into partisan politics.....and Leiberman would temper mccains well, temper.
Another interesting possibility would be Jindal --- though I don't think he is read for that yet. Unless he makes a massive mistake in LA, look to Jindal being a nominee himself in 2016.
If Mccain wants to lose this election by a landslide, it would be a tie between Huckabee and Jeb Bush.
Realistcally, I see him with Christ or Sarah Palin ..... though the last name Christ (however he pronounces it) is a political liability. And Sarah Palin would be there for gender alone....which may sway Hillary voters.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:56 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,710,089 times
Barr none. Bob Barr would make the best VP for McCain.

Just had to throw that out there.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:00 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,997,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
It would be interesting (and potentially an exceptionally smart and brave move) if McCain were to pick Leiberman. Think of it ---- a rep president and a dem vp? No one could accuse Mccain of being into partisan politics.....and Leiberman would temper mccains well, temper.
Another interesting possibility would be Jindal --- though I don't think he is read for that yet. Unless he makes a massive mistake in LA, look to Jindal being a nominee himself in 2016.
If Mccain wants to lose this election by a landslide, it would be a tie between Huckabee and Jeb Bush.
Realistcally, I see him with Christ or Sarah Palin ..... though the last name Christ (however he pronounces it) is a political liability. And Sarah Palin would be there for gender alone....which may sway Hillary voters.
Who cares about the female, black, white, christian, rich, poor, Democrats, Independants, Conservatives, Liberals, FL, Iowa or whatever vote. How about someone who understands the economy? How about someone who will push McCain to end the war? Probably unrealistic, however its the ISSUES not the voter demographics that we should be concerned with.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:17 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,654,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Who cares about the female, black, white, christian, rich, poor, Democrats, Independants, Conservatives, Liberals, FL, Iowa or whatever vote. How about someone who understands the economy? How about someone who will push McCain to end the war? Probably unrealistic, however its the ISSUES not the voter demographics that we should be concerned with.
I totally agree with you.....I answered the question as to how I think mccain and the gop think, and unfortunatly they think in terms of demographics and who will bring in the undecided voters.
I also think that Obamas team will do the same thing, politics have become all about who wins, and not about the good of the country sad to say.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:27 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,196,989 times
I hope it's Romney. I'll be disappointed if it's Crist. I voted for Crist, but I really don't think he done anything that benefits Florida - who wants him possibly running things at a national level?

Side note, I first saw Jindal being interviewed on Fox News a couple of weeks ago. I like him a lot, he seems like he has a lot of integrity. I would choose him if it were not for Romney, but he might be too young.

Forgot to add - Lieberman definitely seems like a stand-up guy. I don't think he'll be chosen as VP running-mate, but I do think he'd have a place somewhere in McCain's cabinet.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:29 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,417,617 times
I think McCain should pick Hillary Clinton as his running mate. He's already going to lose, why not shake things up a bit?

Old 07-02-2008, 02:35 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,620,426 times
Mitt Romney

Then you would have the absolute best in the two most important categorys on on ticket.

Strong Military, good decision making skills and kick your butt of John McCain and the financial wizard and economic genius in Romney.

How could you not vote for the team?

Talk about a dream team.

Duhh by the way if McCain picked Hillary, it would be a hands down a** kicking of Obama and his VP who would want to shoot Obama in the foot!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections